What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Guess it would be better that it's off rather than on, certainly when it's on a shelf between other titles, where that slip could get crippled taking a title next to it out and back in.

What do you do with the slip, you put it in the package itself or just save it in another place ?

Stiivun said:
Guess it would be better that it's off rather than on, certainly when it's on a shelf between other titles, where that slip could get crippled taking a title next to it out and back in.

What do you do with the slip, you put it in the package itself or just save it in another place ?

I'll keep it on, especially since I'll want it back at home with the other sets anyway.

Both those Anohana sets are incredibly pretty! That is a fantastic bargain britguy, well done! The first picture looks like something I would design, 'I want pink and I want flowers!'.

Received today.
blood.lad.01.jpg

blood.lad.02.jpg

blood.lad.03.jpg

blood.lad.04.jpg

blood.lad.05.jpg

It's time for a new year of acquisitions and a rebrand of the style I use in my photo series!
Doesn't mean I all of a sudden will be uploading my acquisition pictures on the date of arrival. *looks at dates of the following acquisitions*

► Previously on Agent-347 Acquisitions:
- Perfect Blue (25 November 2014)
- Patema Inverted (11 December 2014)

► My first 2015 acquisition:

Or in case something kill-la-kill'd the picture:
> Kill La Kill - Box 1 (Collector's Edition)

► My second 2015 acquisition:

Or in case something HALted the browser from loading pictures:
> HAL (Collector's Edition)

► Kill La Kill - box 1:
I have to start addressing something quite noticeably, the dent in the upper left corner: it arrived like that. There's also one in the back side.
I would've preferred a full size slipcover alike with Patema Inverted, I'm convinced the dent would've been smaller (or maybe not there at all).
(Really hope Andrew goes through with the plan for an artbox to house all three boxes, will probably use UP1 for that release then.)

But enough with the negative, the box looks beautiful. :3 I like that extra layer on the box itself for some of the elements.
Wish I could figure out a way to unwrap it in a way I can keep the box with the cellophane, yet be able to take it out alike Patema Inverted.
Because for obvious reasons I'd like to take the book out and actually be amazed at its contents myself in the wait for box 2 & 3 to actually watch the show.

► HAL:
Much like with Kill la Kill I'm not too sure yet of how I'll get the contents out of the release without removing the shrinkwrap.
With Patema Inverted and a lot of the Amarays I cut out the top side to slide it back in, with Durarara I cut the "box entrance" out of the shrinkwrap.
Not sure with HAL ... The problem is there's on the one side of the box (the spine) this long strip which has been pre-perforated to easily rip open the shrinkwrap ...
If I open the top chances are it'll rip open that one side. I could just like with DRRR cut the "box entrance" ... I don't know. The former sounds more desirable if I can be careful enough.
Aarghhh ... I want to look at the contents of both these releases and can't even figure out how to open it. >_< #FirstWorldProblems

One thing I also have been questioning in the past week whilst staring at my Anime Ltd collection at times is why the Perfect Blue spine is "FILM" and the HAL one is "LIMITED EDITION"?!
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, so I'm wondering what the reasoning is. Maybe the Japanese right holders don't like the word "film"?

Either way, let's just (HALt and) be happy this is my fifth Anime Limited acquisition! ;D

► Wait, what?! Didn't you ... Huh ... And the price ... Huh ... *tilts head* Whaaaaa?!
In previous posts where I talked about Kill La Kill I was very reluctant towards purchasing the collector's edition due to both the price and the questions surrounding the following volumes.

Basically it is a series of events that lead to me getting a great deal on this package purchase (I bought both in the same order yes, they also shipped at the same time, so why the one arrived 3 days later is beyond me).
So first Zavvi updates their site and Mega Monday to feature Kill La Kill box 1 for £29.99 and HAL was featured for £19.99, at the same time another deal was going on I don't want to talk about since it is still available.
Later that week, still undecided, I look at my mail inbox and see a mail from Zavvi with a Mystery Discount Code. But I first made a funny mistake when trying the code.
When I realized and tried the code I was heavily surprised given it had never happened to me before! A 20% off code!
So Kill la Kill v1 and HAL was about £50, minus 20% means I got them for about £40! :3

Lovely!

20150202_183500-1_zpsjjfhoo1q.jpg

My replacements disks for Serial Experiments Lain. Thought I'd just have to put up with watching the DVDs as the BDs were out of sync, but
5.gif
to Just Passing Through for pointing me to the right place to get the replacements sorted.

Agent-347 said:
at the same time another deal was going on I don't want to talk about since it is still available.

WHat? You don't want to discuss a deal that's still available? So you want to keep the deal to yourself?

Received today. Tomorrow Chunibyo will be here, need to pick it up from the post office as i'm hit with custom fees. Kinda expected this, as the package was already in Belgium list last week Thursday. Oh well you win some, you lose some in the Russian Roulette called customs :)

GroteFoto-R3LKRZUB.jpg

Starting off my February line up is the arrival of Funimation's latest Limited Edition release Ben-To, uncensored this time! And also Senran Kagura, one of my favourite guilty pleasure franchises to exist this day.

B9AOiXIIUAAPXy_.jpg:large

Ben-To - Complete Series: Limited Edition
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [A|B] & DVD [1|2|4] (*Tested and Confirmed*)
View more photos on my blog!

Senran Kagura - Complete Series: Limited Edition
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [A|B] & DVD [1]
View more photos on my blog!

I saw the English trailer for Space Dandy Season 1 from the boot up screen on Ben-To's Blu-ray disc 1, can't wait to watch the show for the first time.

Joshawott said:
I still don't like how FUNimation clipped the artwork for their release (which was likely done to hide Katsuragi's attire).

Well it could be worse, oh wait (*looks at the 6 OVAs that weren't included but was advertised*).

In case anyone's wondering what the original artwork looks like, here it is.

Pictures of the package the custom services also like :mrgreen:

Giving Rikka some love ... or an illusion of it, who's to say :)

GroteFoto-YJE7RQ4G.jpg

Back cover in good-old Sentai tradition ;)

GroteFoto-BLDRC3VN.jpg

GroteFoto-HPQVJSYG.jpg

GroteFoto-RZNZB8IF.jpg

GroteFoto-3PNNTLXW.jpg

Box with all the gadgets, book and 2 DVD-size cases

GroteFoto-4XYOEDH3.jpg

Back of the DVD cases.

GroteFoto-3CD4EQWQ.jpg

152 pages book

GroteFoto-R6JOS6YY.jpg

GroteFoto-OU88RDFX.jpg

And an overview of all gadgets in this box-set