What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

March 2022 Week 3 Part 2 haul. Just one item this time as the other incoming packages will arrive sometime next week instead.

17uio9fh.jpg

A few days ago, United Publications placed a bunch of US anime on Blu-rays on a special discount. Not a major amount but since they were already on their store it would be immediate delivery i.e next day shipping. One of those happened to be the ecchi short series Why the hell are you here, Teacher?! from Sentai Filmworks.

While MVM have released it on Blu-ray, Sentai's release still came with a slipcase so I figured why not.

13lPwkoh.jpg

Never would I buy this. Was one of the worst WWE PPV in years.
It was absolutely awful.

I preordered it before the show had even happened, then totally forgot about it. If I'd remembered I'd ordered it, I would have cancelled it after I watched it live.

I'll just keep it handy for next time I need to torture someone.

March 2022 Week 4 Part 1 haul. I got the day off from work due to working the past weekend.

This batch includes another round of Blu-rays and video games!

Bl6ss6Sh.jpg

On Monday I received Katsuhito Ishii, Hajime Ishimine & Shunichiro Miki's 2005 cult classic film Funky Forest: The First Contact (ナイスの森 THE FIRST CONTACT) and the 2011 lost media film The Warped Forest (あさっての森) from distributor Third Window Films. This is a big deal - Funky Forest is like one of the biggest Japanese films out there due to its weirdness and 'oh Japan' scenes, especially considering one of its scenes went viral on YouTube for years so you definitely have seen at least something out of this if you were looking for random Japanese clips. Also Hideaki Anno is in the film.

Then we have The Warped Forest which was considered lost media for a decade. It was screened at a few festivals and nothing happened ever since. Now it's here on Blu-ray for the first time in the world. Both of these films also include audio commentary from the directors.

Bonus note: Katsuhito Ishii, the director for these two films, also wrote the screenplay for REDLINE.

2tkfQr4h.jpg

X3aV0Rnh.jpg

Next we have another Asian Cinema film with Lau Kar-wing's 1979 Hong Kong film Odd Couple (搏命單刀奪命搶) from distributor Eureka Entertainment. This is another Sammo Hung film brought back to the UK on Blu-ray and has a slipcase and booklet to go with it.

oleDx7Hh.jpg

3aSxPTmh.jpg

Next we have a video game that I have been meaning to own for years. I picked up the Nioh Collection from Koei Tecmo and Sony for the PlayStation 5 via 365 Games for £40. This is a collection of remasters for Nioh and Nioh 2, which offers 4K mode and 120 fps mode so I now know that my TV and PS5 supports 120fps lol (for some reason the PS5 will only recognise the support if you own a game that has that mode even if your TV and cables are correct).

The last time I played Nioh was the Alpha and Beta demos back in 2016.

iKn8SaGh.jpg

WAIJbTjh.jpg

Now we shift gears to today! Arriving once again a week earlier than its planned release date is Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 1 limited edition Blu-ray & DVD from Funimation UK. I ordered this from United Publications as they were the cheapest and pre-ordered it because of how fast Season 3 sold out. The UK set is Region B/2 only.

You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

iKcIW17h.jpg

Lgit8kkh.jpg

Next we have Kandagawa Jet Girls on Blu-ray from MVM Entertainment. The series was on offer as part of their Deal of the Week and I waited this long for this moment to happen so yes of course I was going to order it.

VeqEk2Fh.jpg

KJG1.gif

c0sLwogh.jpg

Last but not least we have two PlayStation 4 games that took a couple of weeks to arrive. From Play-Asia we have SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays (Platinum Edition version, basically DLC content included with the set) and Super Robot Wars 30, the latest game in the crossover franchise. Both of these are tactical RPGs and were on offer during the Lunar sale last month so I used that opportunity to get them.

dS4BDl7h.jpg
YSKctNSh.jpg

Here are the Round 1 photos for my final Order #8 of Japanese B2 anime posters. There are 28 posters total in this order to be photographed. The first four randomly selected posters from the box are:

Princess Mononoke 1998 Studio Ghibli VHS and Laserdisc release date poster

prinmononokeb2.jpg

Ghost in the Shell Innocence 2004 DVD, Dog Box, and Staff Box release poster

innocenceb2.jpg

Garden of Sinners 2008 Chapter 6: "Oblivion Recording" promotional poster

gosmovie6b2.jpg

Hinamatsuri 2018 Blu-ray and DVD 1 release poster

hinamatsurib2.jpg

Back