What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Jay2021

Dandy Guy, in Space
Anime on ceramic tiles - nice! Those didn't by chance come from Terry Tiles in Italy? I know there are other manufacturers, too. I imported a whole set of Studio Ghibli tiles from them about 7 years ago, including a Totoro mosaic:

sgtiles.jpg

totomosaic1.jpg
I love your Studio Ghibli tile collection 😍

I obtained my Akira collection from Japan - several tiles were created depicting famous scenes from the anime and manga as part of the Art of Wall project.

Geriatric hedgehog

Magical Girl
No worries. I figure as few people here would ever see them I may as well show them off a bit.
I second the appreciation there and thanks for sharing. Certainly good to see sets that like you said most others here, such as myself, wouldn't have come across. That Hello World digipak looks fantastic, I wonder if AL will do something similar (I recall they had the rights to it here?). Fortunately they did a grand job with their Your Lie in April set so I'm not coveting that one half as much as I would be otherwise heh.
Anime on ceramic tiles - nice! Those didn't by chance come from Terry Tiles in Italy? I know there are other manufacturers, too. I imported a whole set of Studio Ghibli tiles from them about 7 years ago, including a Totoro mosaic:

sgtiles.jpg

totomosaic1.jpg
That is brilliant!

WMD

Cardcaptor
It bums me out that I can't find the CE for season 3 in stock anywhere (well, Google, Selecta Vision's site, Amazon ES and Fnac ES). That's kinda putting me off of getting it altogether if it's just to have season 1,2 and 4 🤷‍♂️ You know of any other sites? Barring eBay, which is kinda last resort for me.
I cant think of any off the top of my head I'm afraid. I've only ever bought spanish anime from amazon. Does seem odd that seasons 1 and 2 are still available but 3 isnt.

João Gomes

Straw Hat Pirate
I cant think of any off the top of my head I'm afraid. I've only ever bought spanish anime from amazon. Does seem odd that seasons 1 and 2 are still available but 3 isnt.

The hype is back on, I repeat: the hype is back on!!

Found a Madrid local shop that had season 3 in stock, so I just went ahead and ordered that and the other two seasons from Amazon and Fnac.

Having the French CE for the first season and having loved it so much, not being able to own the rest of the series was something that always bothered me. I'm glad I was able to get it in the end!

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
ECrx9tsh.jpg

rkfaHKzh.jpg
JvmxEZuh.jpg
7Rkc2rLh.jpg
ULtmMeUh.jpg
jJhrGFfh.jpg
uRbRHBEh.jpg
fzYqW54h.jpg

A bunch of items today. Starting off with Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars for PlayStation 4, published by Spike Chunsoft & Numskull Games. This is a JRPG that started on PSP but was never localised outside Japan (Conception 2 did for PlayStation Vita). PLUS is the remastered version. Been wanting to get this game for ages but waited until the price was right.

vq7DUs7h.jpg

Y1o6XCKh.jpg
XiESrRAh.jpg

Next we have Prison School Manga Omnibus 12, 13 & 14, published by Yen Press. Omnibus 14 arrived yesterday but the rest came today. Basically there was a delay due to Royal Mail sending my Amazon package to the wrong depot. Anywho, the 28 volume series compiled into 14 omnibus books is now complete!

Next we have two more Asian Cinema films joining the collection, both were initially supposed to be released in July/August time but there were delays in production. Also because of warehouse issues with the distributor and demand, I ordered them both on Amazon which surprisingly dispatched pretty quickly.

To provide some additional context, in Hong Kong, they have a rating called Category III which is basically the equivalent of NC-17 and BBFC 18 and the types of content that fit the rating are extreme violence, gang-related stuff (like triads), strong sex, and sexual violence. 88 Films started a new line-up earlier in the year dedicated to this rating which began with Erotic Ghost Story and now continues with these two.

YmsvHkuh.jpg

PEAv1Fxh.jpg

iytjtieh.jpg

V0Kl6Zth.jpg

orHJZMeh.jpg

zc9uAJOh.jpg

F2IiRrNh.jpg

4x4Zrewh.jpg
AVbxLdwh.jpg

SRvfxzlh.jpg

UPflW2Yh.jpg

u8TCqkBh.jpg
0CUEkwIh.jpg

nGaahAch.jpg

bSSFWlMh.jpg

yiPTyL0h.jpg

4k2OOA7h.jpg

GOY0pmah.jpg

DBAyQKbh.jpg

7Bhzo9xh.jpg

Starting off with Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky, Nam Nai-Choi's 1991 film based on Masahiko Takajo and Saruwatari Tetsuya's Japanese manga Riki-Oh. I remember hearing many interesting things about this particular film, so I am looking forward to experiencing it for the first time.

The film is part of Category III due to extreme violence and is released by 88 Films in deluxe limited edition packaging. The set comes with a rigid box, amaray case with postcards and double-sided folded poster inside, and a very nice booklet that includes a short history of Hong Kong Prison films, interview with voice-over artist Simon Broad and more.

auZJmAgh.jpg

zhBLH0jh.jpg

ZtRaG3gh.jpg

KvBVxvuh.jpg

FjJiaHHh.jpg

zGxyvuih.jpg

zZBwCSth.jpg
5BQXpH1h.jpg

GC5V5Fph.jpg

vglOAPGh.jpg

3bUWn3Jh.jpg

KludkT9h.png
5MaiLn9h.jpg

Y8wkAbXh.jpg

2mb05bbh.jpg

bH37Wd4h.jpg

kCEpGxvh.jpg

IVLXJdEh.jpg

dvJ9QIbh.jpg

w9645iNh.jpg

IMEuhpth.jpg

Amzjh4Lh.jpg

dJAFtwwh.jpg

hJKYMswh.jpg

R7c4n7lh.png

Next we also have Robotrix, Jamie Luk's 1991 film released uncut for the first time in the UK. Sci-fi spy exploitation film from Hong Kong so I'm very interested to see how it is.

The film is part of Category III due to both sex and sexual violence, and is released by 88 Films in deluxe limited edition packaging. The set comes with a rigid box, amaray case with postcards inside, a larger double-sided folded poster, and a thicc booklet that includes interviews with director Jamie Luk and actor Vincent Lyn, a history of how Robotrix was handled by the BBFC in the past, and more.

NTVrTUdh.jpg

farzam1999

Completely Average High School Student
Received these from Mandarake today. These include English subs, but going to keep my US releases as well for now, The complete box of Zero from AoA doesn't include the Einzbern episodes and is compressed to a total of 4 discs.
csg4zjyk11p71.jpg

These did of course include the obi's, but I've put those away, along with all my re-sealable bags. I've lined my cabinet with felt to avoid any scratches on my sets. Don't know if I should display the to big Animate boxes, they would look massive on my shelf lol.

Vincentdante

Combat Butler
Received these from Mandarake today. These include English subs, but going to keep my US releases as well for now, The complete box of Zero from AoA doesn't include the Einzbern episodes and is compressed to a total of 4 discs.
csg4zjyk11p71.jpg

These did of course include the obi's, but I've put those away, along with all my re-sealable bags. I've lined my cabinet with felt to avoid any scratches on my sets. Don't know if I should display the to big Animate boxes, they would look massive on my shelf lol.
Woah those are nice sets. Never heard of Mandarake but I'll have to try and find this.

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
NPzfu3dh.jpg

bc2Xblth.jpg

wsv5fhUh.jpg

31xGg85h.jpg

evCe3Dxh.jpg

Another game arrived this week. For today it's just Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight for PlayStation 4, published by Atlus. A music rhythm game that has had mixed reviews but I did try out the demo when it first came out and liked it enough. This game has become pretty hard to find compared to Persona 3's Dancing game, likely due to the better soundtrack selection, as the prices generally go for about £35-40+. The Japanese version is readily available which is what I was originally going to go for since I have Persona 4's Dancing game digitally in Japanese, but I found CeX had stock for £22 (plus postage) so I figured I would go for that approach instead.

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight was also ordered (this time new/sealed via Base) and is expected to arrive sometime this week hopefully.

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
6cklFKxh.jpg

xIhmLJWh.jpg
ul9sop3h.jpg
B8QGfPKh.jpg
0DHY8r1h.jpg

More items today. Starting off with Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight for PlayStation 4, published by Atlus. This is a music rhythm game based on Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, not exactly a sequel (if you've played the game you'll know what I mean) but it does feature remixed music. Acquired new from Base this time around.

VQhIVeoh.jpg

NgVGm0oh.jpg
7SiagNNh.jpg

Next we have Destiny Lovers Manga Volumes 5, 6 & 7, published by Seven Seas via their Ghost Ship label. So for some reason, Volumes 5 & 7 were always out of stock throughout the year, while Volume 6 was SRP priced on Amazon. Out of random chance, I found out that Blackwells had all three volumes in stock so I ordered them together (plus Volumes 6 & 7 were under £9 so that was a good deal when it comes to Seven Seas titles). Looks like I grabbed the last stock for Volume 5 but either way, this does mean I can finish collecting the series before the end of the year at this current pace.

Jon O Fun

Pokémon Master
Plot synopsis for Lost Judgment. Abridged.

Teenage looking character from first game opens his own detective agency and asks 50 year old detective from first game to go undercover in a high school....

giphy.gif