What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received this one in the mail yesterday, imported from AOL:

Ghost in the Shell - 4K Steelbook (15) Blu-Ray

gits4kuk1.jpg

gits4kuk2.jpg

♪♫ Fly Me to the Moon! ♫♪

Lol, with all the whining and moaning and gnashing of teeth everywhere about Fly Me to the Moon missing from the new releases coming out on Blu-ray later this year, I decided to go ahead and add the original DVDs of the series to my collection just for completeness sake. I found a Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinium thinpak set in very good condition for not too bad of a price, and verified it is not a bootleg. I just received it in the mail today.

evadvd1.jpg

evadvd2.jpg

Man, that Hello World set looks great. Out of curiosity, does the packaging say if it includes the three-part Another World OVA?
I dont think so. The box seems to suggest the on disc extras are just teasers and trailer. I'm watching something else right now but I can check later to confirm.

Reached an episode end so did a quick disc swap and can confirm its just the film on both the blu ray and dvd I'm afraid.
I wonder, if Anime Limited intend to release Hello World on Blu-ray, whether they'd be in a position to pull something out of the hat and include the Another World OVAs. 🤔

To be honest, though, I'd be more than happy with just the film itself. I watched it earlier this year through the Japan Foundation Touring Film Programme's online player and thought it was excellent.

Thanks for checking the discs, man. It's useful to know what other versions contain. 👍

Wow, I wasn't expecting this one to arrive until Wednesday of next week - This is the other half of my Evangelion DVD collecting effort, I also picked up the Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion on DVD to go with the Platinum thinpak set I just got yesterday. These both are verified originals and are not bootlegs, they both came with their inserts and folded posters, and the seller was nice enough to include an 1/8" thick acrylic etching of the NERV logo about 2 1/2" square with my order. He must have the setup to make these custom on his own, as the back of the etching was still filled with a lot of fresh cutting dust. Pretty cool little extra!

evaeoe.jpg

evaeoe1.jpg

evaeoe2.jpg

evaeoe3.jpg

In today's episode...

20210927_140501.jpg

Tatsu Mikami's Church of Misery early works 3xLP in milky clear, green and yellow.

And Kaze's release of Vinland Saga.

Since no news about the show have come to light in the UK, I went ahead and got the french version to see what's what. I would declare war on Kaze's flimsy slipcases if I could. At the very least, the booklet is lovely.

20210927_140554.jpg20210927_140648.jpg20210927_140804.jpg20210927_140841.jpg20210927_140924.jpg

Gonna start this right away ⚡

I've been holding off on getting Vinland Saga over here in the US because a Limited Edition is supposed to be releasing soon. And, if the UK ever gets it in a CE release, I'd be all over that, especially if it come with a digipak.

And, it seems my anime purchases keep trickling in almost daily, lol! Today though, I did a store pickup of the latest anime release at Best Buy, so this one was not received in the mail:

Darling in the Franxx Steelbook

franxxsteel3.jpg

This is a Best Buy timed exclusive, and is due out for general release on November 30th.
I see it came with a nice spine slash.

Back