What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

October Pickups Update #3 - Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus Let's Get Physical Edition for PlayStation Vita [North America Version]

20141021_165629.jpg

Warning: The following images may not be suitable for younger audiences, those who dislike fanservice and it's NSFW (Not Safe for Work).

Senran Kagura has arrived! This set is honestly really good. As predicted the outer packaging would be fragile and has some minor bits of damage but the inside is well protected.

This set contains:
- Shinovi Versus Vita game - retail copy + reversible cover
- Original Soundtrack
- Huge Illustration Artbook
- Uncensored Gameplay (only the ages were removed, though you can probably predict what they are)
- Fanservice, lots and lots of fanservice

Apologises for the bad lighting and the packaging (this set is really complicated to get the stuff out of the box):
20141021_165642.jpg
20141021_165649.jpg

20141021_163441.jpg
20141021_163455.jpg

20141021_163509.jpg
20141021_163600.jpg

20141021_163109.jpg
20141021_171647.jpg

20141021_171716.jpg
20141021_171743.jpg

20141021_171752.jpg
20141021_171857.jpg

October Pickups Update #4 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. [Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme Vs.] for PlayStation 3 [Japanese Version]

Bought this off an eBay auction from Emo185. Package arrived faster than I expected (thankfully it wasn't stolen since the mail lockers in our apartment house have been damaged by someone). It's also my 4th Japanese game.

20141023_142212.jpg
20141023_142220.jpg

20141023_142234.jpg
20141023_142321.jpg

NormanicGrav said:
October Pickups Update #4 - Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. [Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme Vs.] for PlayStation 3 [Japanese Version]

Bought this off an eBay auction from Emo185. Package arrived faster than I expected (thankfully it wasn't stolen since the mail lockers in our apartment house have been damaged by someone). It's also my 4th Japanese game.

How easy do you find playing a Japanese game? Is it pretty easy to figure out the controls, or do you understand Japanese? :)

lelouchnarukami said:
NormanicGrav said:

How easy do you find playing a Japanese game? Is it pretty easy to figure out the controls, or do you understand Japanese? :)

Unfortunately I don't understand Japanese (something I should probably do).

With the four games I own (Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, J-Stars Victory Versus, EX Troopers and now Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs.), they're all import friendly games so I'm able to navigate pretty well after getting used to what the options are (Project Diva is the easiest to understand while EX Troopers is much tougher in terms of story and navigation around the main hub (the 'missions' are fairy simple).

I do plan on building up my Japanese PS3 collection, if I find any at Comic Con that would help. If not, then Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is probably going to be next on my list.

This came today...

...from shopto.net. Got the anime pack as it comes with the short film Samurai Warriors: Legend of Sanada
IMG_20141024_101957_zpsd8bfb044.jpg

IMG_20141024_101933_zps577fbb35.jpg

Some manga from bookdepository
IMG_20141024_102108_zps9967994d.jpg

and this lot came yesterday from amiami...and yes i like Shonen Hollywood
IMG_20141024_102049_zps10669e6c.jpg

October Pickups Update #5 - MCM Comic Con loot

Good news, I bought some stuff. Bad news, I went over what I wanted to spend.

20141026_011228.jpg

I bought Kill la Kill Part 1 for £40, good deal since it beats Amazon (though Zavvi won with £38 but their delivery is meh apparently). From Anime Limited stand.
All You Need is Kill Manga for £8, two pounds cheaper than normal and early release. From Viz Media stand.
Martain Sucessor Nadesico for £28, given it's the complete series with OVA, Movie and tons of extras with a Right Stuf LE I'd say that was a good deal (cheaper than UP1 UK and US [+ P&P] combined). You can thank Otaku UK for selling some US imports!
Chobits Omnibus Manga 1 & 2 for £14 each, looking at it on Amazon I got a good deal on both. From United Publications stand.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc for £30 and Persona 4 Golden for £20, these were pretty much at retail price but I was told by NIS themselves that Danganronpa was going out of print and the sequel caused a massive amount of sales for the first game. From NIS Europe stand.
Attack on Titan wallscroll and Sword Art Online wallscroll, 2 for £28 deal, both are legit versions from my local Sheffield Space Centre stand.

There are two pickups that I was quite skeptical about, I bought the Visual Novels for Saya no Uta: The Songs of Saya [Gen Urobuchi's VN which Kotaku actually recommends people play] and School Days [Nice boat] - each were frickin expensive and I didn't even have a second thought about it, not to mention they were Adult versions. I feel quite bad for picking these two up for some reason though I always wanted to have a go at these two but the amount I paid for them were too much (you can get them for under $20-30 on Rightstuf, I bought them for £40 each. The stand sold a lot of Visual Novels and I did see Steins;Gate so I knew it wasn't entirely eroge). I want you guys/girls to know your thoughts on these two VNs and the genre in general? I know there are quite a popular amount I wouldn't mind playing - Air, Clannad, Le Fruit de la Grisaia, Higurashi, Kanon, Steins;Gate as examples.

But overall I'd say I provided an interesting variety for my first time at MCM Comic Con London.

20141026_011801.jpg

Comic Con Pickups:

5xA4ahW.jpg

Levi and Ryuko Nendoroids from Goodsmile
Kill La Kill Volume 1 from Anime Limited
Akibastrip and Danganronpa from NIS
Haganai Vols 8 & 9 and Railgun Vol 9 from UP1
Free Pikachu hat from the big Pokemon booth

Ok... so first of all here is my MCM Comic Con London 2014 Haul:

For starters all of the games came from Rice Digital's stall:

Senran Kagura bundle was £25 for Game + Shirt + 3D poster
All of the other games (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, DS and PS Vita) were part of a special offer - Friday it was 3 for £5, Saturday it was 4 for £5 and then Sunday it was 5 for £5 - by the end of the day Sunday it was 7 for £5.
I ended up getting one of each price bracket - but interestingly on the final day if you bought 'anything' from the stall you were given a random promo game (Xbox 360 / PS3) for FREE (and since I bought 3 items at different times I got 3 extra games).

All of the DVDs and Blu-rays, excluding Devil is a Part Timer, came from Manga UK's stall:

Tiger & Bunny Volume 1 to 4 (BD/DVD Combo) were £10 each (Volume 4 was £20 but reduced on final day)
Black Butler Season 1 and Season 2 (DVD) were £10 each
Freezing - Season 1 (DVD) was £5, but others were listed at £8 some even at £12
Towanoquon - Complete (DVD) was £4, but a previous sticker on it said £8 (so I assume it was reduced on final day)
The World God Only Knows - S2 (DVD) was £7, but they had others priced at £20 (so it was reduced on final day)
Master of Martial Hearts - Complete (DVD) was £4, although I found a load of others at £5 (mis-labeled perhaps?)
Shiguri - Complete (Blu-ray) was £5, was previously priced at £10 and DVD was still priced at £5 as well.

The Devil is a Part Timer I picked-up from CEX(Stratford); £22 like-new condition but only cost me £10 due to having a an exchange Voucher xD

Everything else in the picture were freebies/prizes from on-booth stalls.

So yea.... that's everything I bought from MCM; but then when I come home I find parcels have arrived:

and

You guys with Samurai Warriors 4 need to post some thoughts in the game section. I loved Hyrule Warriors (my first Musou title) and would gladly like to hear how this is.

I have that very group of Chrono Crusade DVD's hiding in the back of my cupboard as a present for my sister. They are not easy to hide! The reversible covers on them are very nice :3

britguy said:
You guys with Samurai Warriors 4 need to post some thoughts in the game section. I loved Hyrule Warriors (my first Musou title) and would gladly like to hear how this is.

I want to hear how the anime OAV is, since I don't have a PS4 (yet?) but kinda want that set :D

R

As I was saying in the new anime releases thread, my sister really wanted to watch this quickly (she's hooked!), so I just bought this rather than import the Australian release like I did with part 1. Thankfully it actually has the book and the extras on Blu. Which is what Manga should have done with part 1 but it's too late.

6eDhqccl.jpg

cE1EZeUl.jpg

Also this.
v687ouyl.jpg

Back