What did you BUY today?

From eBay an Intel I350-T4 based network card for in my unRAID server, to play around with the pfSense router/firewall software

IMG-2442.jpg

Currently deep into JoJo's. So, I'm having my first foray into the art books from Japan.

I'm working up to JOJO A-GO!GO! and eventually to JOJOVELLER, which will be really exciting. I was very happy to get the below new at these prices.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 16.45.09.png

51DlEBzTyrL._AC_.jpg

Next up on my Asian Cinema haul is a Philippines film called Ruined Heart! Another Love Story Between a Criminal and a Whore. As it's going out of print from Third Window Films I've been intrigued by the film's cover art and trailer so it was about time that I finally pick it up for the distributor's collection. Amazon has pretty much ran out of stock as I know there's less than 100 units remaining overall but thankfully other retailers had copies available so I chose Base since they have one in stock.

not today but a couple of weeks ago I finally bought an iPad Pro 12.9 inch with 1TB Hard Drive and a 2nd Generation Apple Pencil and I've been doing a lot of digital art with them (that's what I bought them for so I'd have a high end portable drawing tablet and stylus), I always wanted to get really into drawing and painting but my depressed mind just couldn't handle the number of steps involved a lot of the time, and even though I had and still have looooadddss of physical art supplies I didn't really use them much a lot of the time. It's definitely really helped having a tablet and digital pen to work with, though I still need to make sure I don't fall into the depression trap even now. But it def makes creating on the fly a lot easier and I've got a bunch of excellent apps to work with as well (Procreate, Autodesk Sketchbook, Tayasui Doodle Book, Tayasui Sketches Pro, Zen Brush 3, Art Set 4 Pro, and Artstudio Pro.) I will still probably create art using... whatever the blanket term is for non-digital art materials and tools is? But this tablet is a great gift and blessing for me and I'm gonna keep using it to create until it doesn't work anymore and can't be repaired anymore and then if the money's there get another one. I got the biggest Hard Drive size so I can expand into animating, filming and/or music production if I wish :)

Two 2FA hardware keys, one for use and the other as backup. Those will be used to make logging in to sites and other stuff a lot faster than grabbing that phone and opening Google Authenticator. Will use it for my UniFi network controller and also some apps I have running on my server and are accessible from outside my network (Bitwarden and Nextcloud).

And because all ports on the iMac are at the back I also bought this USB hub.

yubico-yubikey-5-nfc.jpg

550x479.jpg

I went a bit overboard and bought lots and lots of animated films at cheap prices on Blu-ray off CEX's website - good thing I'm not that concerned about condition for standard editions as long as the discs play! Gotta say I'm a little sad I couldn't afford to buy those gorgeous Mondo Steelbooks for some of the Disney films but it's OK the films themselves are the most important part, I have marked the films that weren't made by Disney, Pixar or Touchstone Pictures with an Asterisk so people won't ask me if I know that Anastasia was made by 20th Century Fox (yes, I do know!) Also I do genuinely like The Lion King 2 and 3 and am not just buying them for the cheap price or out of curiosity :)

Sooo, I got:

Alphabetically:

Aladdin
Anastasia*
Bambi
Cinderella
Coco
Fantasia
Finding Dory
Hercules
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Jungle Book
The Lion King Trilogy
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Persepolis*
Ratatouille
The Secret of Kells*
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
The Tale of Despereaux*
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Chronologically, by year of release (well apart from TLK which I've just put under 1994 the release year of the first one)

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Fantasia
Bambi
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
The Jungle Book
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Aladdin
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Lion King Trilogy
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Anastasia*
Hercules
Persepolis*
Ratatouille
The Tale of Despereaux*
The Secret of Kells*
Finding Dory
Coco

eBay have one of their 15% off codes going atm so I pre-ordered Persona 5 Strikers (PS4) & picked up the newly released Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Switch) and saved around £13 in the process.

Woke up to someone having logged into my Spotify and listening to Russian dance music, so I finally caved and bought subbed to a password manager. Dashlane to be specific, after a youtuber I watch recommended them. Now comes the fun of going through all my accounts and generating new passwords with it, it has an auto changer but it's only compatible with a very limited number of sites sadly. Very much my own fault for being an idiot and using a variation of the same password on absolutely everything.

Back