What did you BUY today?

Thunderbolt 3 cable, trolly tokens (seriously I hate that we have to do that) and 2 claymore sword kerrings. Tried to see if the other shipped properly but meh well had to contact an Italian seller for them, something seemingly impossible to find

That's gone up in value quick, I only paid £14 for mine on release. Are you going to get When a Stranger Calls too?
I’ve ordered a copy from Amazon but it’s the old usually dispatched within 1 to 3 months. They said the same with Waterworld and that’s now sat on my shelf so fingers crossed.

Not sure where to ask..

Does AmiAmi take payment when you order, or when it ships?

Also. Does anyone have an AmiAmi parcel? What do they write in the customs section?

STEINS;GATE ART WORKS imaginations of huke - 角川書店
STEINS;GATE 線形拘束のモザイシズム (電撃ゲーム文庫) - 海法紀光
私のおわり (星海社FICTIONS) - 泉 和良
Bread&Butter コミック 1-8巻セット - 芦原 妃名子
暁のヨナ 23巻 イラスト集つき限定版 (花とゆめコミックス) - 草凪 みずほ
ローゼンメイデン画集「薔薇乙女」 (愛蔵版コミックス) - PEACH-PIT
黒星紅白画集 rouge - 黒星紅白
黒星紅白画集 noir - 黒星紅白
一騎当千 24巻 (ガムコミックス) - 塩崎 雄二
進撃の巨人(27)限定版 (講談社キャラクターズA) - 諫山 創
シュタインズ・ゲート 公式資料集 (ファミ通Xboxの攻略本)
暁のヨナ ファンブック (花とゆめCOMICS) - 草凪みずほ
その先の風景 (Feelコミックス) - 藤原 薫

via Big in Japan. (Let's see how much shipping it'll be.)

Initially I only wanted the Steins Gate huke Artbook. I had been thinking of just getting it from amazon.co.uk for 40GBP and spare me the forwarding hassle (expecially since BiJ managed to simply leave out one manga in my last parcel...), but then I remembered Yona 23's LE extra (another artbook and that one is OOP by now so it went to be forwarding after all. Biggest surprise was a really nice offer on the Marketplace from the seller of the huke artbook that had a really hidden note in this conditions description, that the S;G Sesign works would be added as an extra. Granted, that one's just 41 Yen + shipping used by now, but getting that for 80yen more than the cheapest offer is not a bad offer either. (Though the huke artbook supposedly has a small tear in the dust jacket, but I totally couldn't see any in the image provided.)
Since BiJ allows for 10 packages to be combined and it would be a waste to not use it (though I only got 8 in the end) two items for co-orderes went, some random fill ups from ptr list. And the Kohaku Kuroboshi artbooks (rouge and noir) got added, because @Demelza 's article just had to drag Kino up of my consciousness.

Way to go from 1 item to 13 and making the total price around 5x of that first items price.

Had been thinking about getting Rozen Maiden 0, but I guess I'll save that for the next forwarding order, when more volumes are out and the bundle entries have more per one shipment.

MOAR GAMES

It's been almost two years since I last imported a PlayStation 4 game from Japan, so I decided to pickup two titles that I had been meaning to get for quite some time.

DJMR1.jpg

DJMAX RESPECT
This is a music rhythm game developed by a South Korean developer and it's part of a long running franchise that is rather loved by the music/rhythm community, and not long ago RESPECT was announced - essentially the definitive version of the whole franchise. This game contains over 100 songs plus there's add-on content featuring music from the previous games plus Arc System Works also added some Guilty Gear music if you love that. The game was released in South Korea & Asian territories first but I wanted to wait for the Japanese version (digital only for the west). The Japanese version contains English language support plus it has the DLC so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of acquiring another account just to get those songs.

RGGI1.jpg

Ryuu ga Gotoku Ishin!
The second console spin-off in the Yakuza franchise set in historical Japan once again. Ishin! was released as a PlayStation 4 launch title and is notably one of the best Yakuza games released in the franchise. The game features your cast of characters portraying other people from the past, bringing a bunch of fun and references along the way. Unlike the main series, Ishin! is more focused on sword combat and it's quite interesting (I have played the Japanese demo years back). This is also one of the rarest Yakuza games to date due to being released early into the PS4 lifespan.

For those curious, here's my current 'to-acquire' list for the JP PS4 games:
  • A Certain Virtual-On
  • City Shrouded in Shadow (Kyoei Toshi)
  • CLANNAD *JP version is physical + has EN support*
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade Future Tone DX
  • The iDOLM@STER Stella Stage
  • Million Arthur: Arcana Blood
  • Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi
  • Taiko Drum Master: Drum Sessions! *JP version is physical + has EN support*

MOAR GAMES

It's been almost two years since I last imported a PlayStation 4 game from Japan, so I decided to pickup two titles that I had been meaning to get for quite some time.

DJMR1.jpg

DJMAX RESPECT
This is a music rhythm game developed by a South Korean developer and it's part of a long running franchise that is rather loved by the music/rhythm community, and not long ago RESPECT was announced - essentially the definitive version of the whole franchise. This game contains over 100 songs plus there's add-on content featuring music from the previous games plus Arc System Works also added some Guilty Gear music if you love that. The game was released in South Korea & Asian territories first but I wanted to wait for the Japanese version (digital only for the west). The Japanese version contains English language support plus it has the DLC so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of acquiring another account just to get those songs.

RGGI1.jpg

Ryuu ga Gotoku Ishin!
The second console spin-off in the Yakuza franchise set in historical Japan once again. Ishin! was released as a PlayStation 4 launch title and is notably one of the best Yakuza games released in the franchise. The game features your cast of characters portraying other people from the past, bringing a bunch of fun and references along the way. Unlike the main series, Ishin! is more focused on sword combat and it's quite interesting (I have played the Japanese demo years back). This is also one of the rarest Yakuza games to date due to being released early into the PS4 lifespan.

For those curious, here's my current 'to-acquire' list for the JP PS4 games:
  • A Certain Virtual-On
  • City Shrouded in Shadow (Kyoei Toshi)
  • CLANNAD *JP version is physical + has EN support*
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade Future Tone DX
  • The iDOLM@STER Stella Stage
  • Million Arthur: Arcana Blood
  • Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi
  • Taiko Drum Master: Drum Sessions! *JP version is physical + has EN support*
I didn't know there was a second Yakuza spin off and it would nice if got a western release but maybe it's best that Sega doesn't bother releaseing it outside of Japan because of Sony demanding that are games censored before allow games from Japan on the ps4 like the new senran kagura 7EVEN That's been censored.

Last edited:
I get the feeling those things are going to be five for the price of one very soon. It's just a shame that when the Funco bubble finally Pops it's going to take down Forbidden Planet, since they take up about 70% of their shelf space now. Still, they'll have no-one but themselves to blame.

The Quintessential Quintuplets manga vol. 4
Puella Magi Homura Tamura vol. 2
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts vol. 2

Big manga day. All Kindle editions.

Back