What did you BUY today?

Just purchased some new Panasonic DJ headphones. Also picked up a 1TB hard drive mainly to give more capacity on my PS4 and back up my digital music library

Today on Secondspin using the current discount code
: Super Sentai Series:
Jetman
Kakuranger
Carranger
Gingaman

On Blackwells:
Manga Adaptation of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Volumes 1-5

Purchased a 500GB internal M.2 SSD with the right interface this time (NVMe not SATA), a 64GB MicroSD card for an emergency fallback system should the former break and a M.2 SSD Enclosure.

(Reinstalling again is too much work, hoping I can cheat moving the OS across so I can boot directly using UEFI without using a traditional bootloader ahahaha)

/umiko

A big old dvd wallet from Amazon (even got a student discount which was welcome.) Got a bunch of boxsets lying around that need to go into the loft, but by doing this I can still access the discs with ease. Also going to Comb through my movie collection and stick standard amarays in the loft so I can free up some shelf space.

Had a Ā£10 off voucher for ebay if i spent Ā£20. So i upgraded my season 1 & 2 of Game of Thrones to blu ray (as i bought them on dvd before i got into blu ray) and to make it up to over Ā£20 i also got Escape Journey vol 2....all came just over Ā£17 in the end.

I had literally thousands of cdjapan points expiring, so I went into my bookmaks to see what I could get.. went with 3 CDs. And a couple more in 2 months so I will to see that eventually.. But well, might go all the way and get the rest of the oregairu CDs,

Happens that when I get some kind of refund from them, they give me in points and not money.

Technically not today, but I got myself a 55" UHD Samsung the other day! - 4K looks so damn good, also catalogue titles (especially from Sony). On newer titles, the blu-ray looks almost as good as 4K, but I think the main selling point on new titles is HDR (which also looks beautiful).

What TV out of interest? I have a 4K set myself but it's an older model with no HDR, so I wouldn't mind an upgrade.

I have my eye on a 43ā€ LG 4K TV, we have what I assume to be the older iteration in our living room and itā€™s pretty good for the price. Trying to find a decent affordable 4K TV is a bit of a crapshoot because thereā€™s always a review that says it isnā€™t very good or has issues here and there that I may or may not even really notice.

Hmm, do you use like 4K content? I'm thinking 4K films.
You can use this chart to see what TV size would be optimal to be worth:
View attachment 6478
I got the 55" and I sit around 1.5m from the screen, so yeah I can really see a difference between UHD and HD.
But HDR is definitely worth it imo, also Dolby Vision if your budget allows it lol.

Also nice to see a OoT lover :D
Iā€™ll get one soonish, itā€™s a case of saving up and finding someone whoā€™ll take my old TV. Itā€™s strange to see 4K HDR TVs being so affordable nowadays, shame 4K Blu Ray players still cost a fair bit. Oh and I have a few Zelda posters, though Iā€™ll likely be replacing them eventually.

Back