What did you BUY today?

Bean Bandit is an old show, maybe people overestimated its popularity? A 5 min anime is a waste of time to be honest, I can understand the disappointment. Its hard resurrecting old franchises these days very few pull it off and the further you go back the harder it is. Even AOT has found that if you leave it too long the audience disappears and moves onto the next big thing.
$380k would have gotten the runtime up to 20 minutes though, which seems fair if you actually want decent production values (hell, LWA made $625k for an extra 15 minutes of runtime when they already had funds for 20 minutes). $800k for 45 minutes was always going to be a stretch, but I felt sure this would get to 380.

I guess I'm just feeling pretty disheartened there isn't more interest in this from either Japan or the rest of the world. Regardless of how old the original Riding Bean OVA is, Sonoda has been producing his own manga and character designs for anime for 30 years. The man deserves more love.

I don't think its fair to critise the modern world for not wanting to support with their money a kickstarter for an old show that honestly a majority of western fans haven't seen, or even heard of.

I think its a similar situation in Japan. What has Sonoda done in any recent memory for the anime fandom in terms of works? Nothing since 2005 If I remember correctly. His fandom lies within the people who saw his old works when they were young, and honestly that isn't enough to support the comeback of a franchise, or a new work.

He needs to get his name back out there with an exciting new work, and gain new fans in the younger crowd before he can really look at gaining a large amount of money through crowdfunding to basically reboot a pretty long, and forgotten one.

His fandom lies within the people who saw his old works when they were young, and honestly that isn't enough to support the comeback of a franchise, or a new work.
It was enough to earn the GSC Kickstarter $350k. Honestly I think that’s what’s most depressing, people want to see the old stuff again but they’re not as interested in something new. Nostalgia’s all well and good but wouldn’t it be better to have something new in the same vein? That’s partly what I mean when I criticise the modern world (which I thought was crap before this happened and will continue to think is crap for many, many reasons). It’s not so much the people who’ve never heard of Sonoda’s work (though they’re missing out) as it is the clearly large number of people who’d rather wallow in already extant works than contribute to making more of the kind they’d like to see. It’s safe, I suppose, there’s no risk with something you already know you like.

Note that this is not necessarily directed at anyone here, just a general trend that I wish to complain about because I’m having a miserable week.

Ordered from blowitoutofhere

The OST for the 4th expansion to Blade & Soul

20170331154503.jpg

Traded in some stuff to CeX and used the voucher to order Doctor Who: The Enemy of the World (Special Edition) on DVD.

My order from animuk has still not been dispatched and they were instock at the time I ordered now there out of stock and I hope I'm not being conned of money and if I don't get what I paid for by the end of next week I'm going to try and my money back though PayPal.

Cancelled my order at Amazon UK, as it seems they could not ship Hara-Kiri - Death of a Samurai, since it's gone OOP in the UK.
So made a SecondSpin order, with the 20% off and free international shipping:
13 Assassins
Cast Away
The Delightful Forest
The Five Deadly Venoms
Hara-Kiri - Death of A Samurai
My Cousin Vinny
Hara-Kiri is a great film. If you enjoy it try to watch the original version by Masaki Kobayashi.

Back