What did you BUY today?

Hurrah! Whatcha Buy is back in business!

Bought a ticket for Manchester Comic Con, first time attending the event since 2014, was weighing up Liverpool again but there was a bit of a clash so Manchester it is! Time to get saving I guess?!

Also, kind of bought a new TV the other day, set to arrive on Wednesday!

Amazon JP big order for most likely the year for me.

RWBY Volume 2 Limited Edition
91ay3MpoDFL._SL1500_.jpg

RWBY Volume 3 Limited Edition
91KRyrmfAoL._SL1500_.jpg

Hozuki no Reitetsu Original Soundtrack Limited Edition
81ygCS0JZpL._SL1500_.jpg

Hozuki no Reitetsu Parallax View Album Limited Edition
51YrqnnwYHL.jpg

When They Cry 10th Anniversary CD
71GQeS6S8LL._SL1061_.jpg

The import fees alone was £32 T_T

Last edited:
Given the random spike in the rate, I went ahead with my next Japanese import purchase yesterday from Solaris Japan.

Imasu-Plat-Stars-Chokaigi-2016_002.jpg

The iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars
This is the latest iteration for the Idolmaster franchise. Platinum Stars is notable for not only being the first one for the PlayStation 4 with 1080p and 60fps but also having a new artstyle that resembles the illustrations and anime visuals than the doll-like appearances in previous games. The price I paid was around £38.56 including postage and the PayPal rate. This was half the price in which Play Asia was offering so I got myself a neat deal overall.

Another new game pickup that I had ordered alongside Arslan Part 1.

UaRO10hl.jpg

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed
I've been after this game for ages - the PlayStation 4 specifically. But it was never available for a decent price. Then suddenly I saw it was available for £23 at Base so I figured I'll pick it up.

I think I just got a bit of a bargain on Amazon Video. I got an e-mail to tell me my free £1 credit for buying a Blu-ray at some point in the past was about to expire, so I went looking for something to spend it on.

By some strange chance (probably because I'd been looking at history books about Parisian brothels recently, that's the kind of thing I do) I happened upon Maison Close which had the price showing as £2.49 for individual episodes in HD or... the entire 8 episode series in HD for £1.99.

Well, I clicked and the transaction went through and my invoice reads 99p and I can now watch the episodes. Of a series that's £23 on Blu-ray. Your loss Amazon.

Bought a £30 pre-paid PSN card and got a few things.

From the January sale I downloaded The Last Blade 2 (it was £3.99 I believe) and Amplitude (£7.99). I was originally going to get some PS2 games but I decided to stick with the plan on getting the US versions as there are still reports of certain games not getting the 60Hz patch.

The rest of the money I put towards Rock Band 4 as I still want to build up the music library. I selected four track packs pretty much consisting of Metal music, since it's been a while that I actually got some in the library.
  • Avenged Sevenfold 01
    • Nightmare, Scream, and Seize the Day
  • More Metal 01
    • Avenged Sevenfold's The Stage, Megadeth's Trust, and Slipknot's Dead Memories
  • Ozzfest
    • Megadeth's Dystopia, Ozzy Osbourne's Road to Nowhere, and Slipknot's The Devil in I
  • Slipknot 02
    • Left Behind, Pulse of the Maggots, Snuff, and Wait and Bleed
A pretty good selection overall. I'll pickup more Rock Band songs later down the line since more and more crop up. The Slipknot 02 pack is pretty brutal on guitar, I ideally don't mind tough songs but one of those tracks was practically overkill so getting 5* is going to be difficult.

New Phone has been purchased, my other one broke a couple of weeks ago now and the spare phone I have been using was driving me up the wall, so I took the plunge on a new one after deciding against getting the other one fixed, it will arrive tomorrow.

Return of the Grav.

blade-arcus-from-shining-ex-420521.10.jpg

Blade Arcus From Shining EX (PlayStation 4)
My society is doing another games night and I have decided to pick up another import from Japan. One of the few that caught my eye was SEGA's Blade Arcus From Shining EX, a fighting game with characters from the popular Shining franchise that for some reason SEGA isn't even bothering to bring over to the west anymore. Hardcore gamers out there will be familiar with Shining Force but there were more games made in the franchise such as Shining Hearts, Shining Tears and Shining Wind (all three of which received anime adaptations; the former released by Sentai Filmworks and the latter two coming soon from Discotek Media). Shining Resonance is the latest RPG in the series and I would also like to pick that one up at some point.

This game costed me £31 including shipping which is a solid deal for a Japanese import. You can actually get the original base version in English over on Steam.

Back