What did you BUY today?

CitizenGeek said:
Any particular reason you want the hardback? I have Watchmen in paperback and it's just fine. It's a long book too, so I reckon reading it in hardback might make it somewhat clunky.
Nothing particular It just stands out somewhat more with the hardback and I'm more likely to damage it in paperback. I picked it up during lunch today at school, in a different Waterstones to before and it was £25 shockingly. I was a fiver short, but I think I may just get the paperback. Your reasoning has half persuaded me.

The only other thing putting me off is that I just spent a lot on DVDs and comics; afterwards I'm usually a bit hesitant for a few weeks.

[The Absolute edition looks gorgeous, but if I'm struggling to justify paying £20 -- That is a definite no-no. ;p]

Thanks to Aion and his constant bargain hunt, I've got me a few:

Najica Blitz Tactics
Full Metal Panic - Complete Collection
Hellsing - The Collection
Last Exile - Complete Collection

I've missed negima, as it was gone before I got to sendit.

Maltos said:
Jayme said:
...but I think I may just get the paperback. Your reasoning has half persuaded me.

I got the paperback for exactly that reason. Large hardbacks are quite difficult to read comfortably.
I've recently bought me All Tintin, without realizing It wa one single book, rather then the individual ones collected in a box. It's unconfortable to read on the bed.

chaos said:
Maltos said:
Jayme said:
...but I think I may just get the paperback. Your reasoning has half persuaded me.

I got the paperback for exactly that reason. Large hardbacks are quite difficult to read comfortably.
I've recently bought me All Tintin, without realizing It wa one single book, rather then the individual ones collected in a box. It's unconfortable to read on the bed.
All the Tintin books in one volume? :eek:

Do want. Where did you get it!?

ayase said:
chaos said:
Maltos said:
Jayme said:

It's in French though.

http://livre.fnac.com/a2485748/Tintin-L ... &Nu=1&Fr=0

chaos said:
ayase said:
chaos said:
Maltos said:
Jayme said:

It's in French though.
Ah. Considering I never paid any attention in French lessons I'd rather have it en Anglais if possible. ;)

Loved the Tintin books as a kid but only ever borrowed them from the library. I'd like to have them all in a nice set or single volume. An English set came out late last year but missed out the controversial ones (Soviets, Congo & Alph-Art). Way to re-write history guys. :roll:

I brought seasons 1-10 of Friends for £54 and it might arrive tomorrow. Wonder how long before my housemates get sick of hearing "I'll be there for you" :twisted:

ayase said:
chaos said:
ayase said:
chaos said:
Maltos said:
Jayme said:

It's in French though.
Ah. Considering I never paid any attention in French lessons I'd rather have it en Anglais if possible. ;)

Loved the Tintin books as a kid but only ever borrowed them from the library. I'd like to have them all in a nice set or single volume. An English set came out late last year but missed out the controversial ones (Soviets, Congo & Alph-Art). Way to re-write history guys. :roll:
I've knew they removed a few from the set, that's why I've got the french edition. I'm not very good with French yet, but I'll give it a go.

Manga Girls said:
Bus fare
Lunch
Newspaper

That's it.

I never really understand why anyone would just post about mundane, daily purchases in this thread. I always assumed the point of this thread was to post about remarkable purchases?

CitizenGeek said:
Manga Girls said:
Bus fare
Lunch
Newspaper

That's it.

I never really understand why anyone would just post about mundane, daily purchases in this thread. I always assumed the point of this thread was to post about remarkable purchases?
You should also mention the people who just post what anime they bought too when we have a topic for that.

@CitizenGeek

It is called the "what did you buy today" thread, meaning both mundane and fabulous have equal merit. Besides, somedays all you end up buying is the trivual stuff.

Gary Numan's The Pleasure Principal CD, which has gone straight in the CD player.
A Canticle For Liebowitz Novel
Deadwood Season 3 DVD box. Looking forward to this very much.

Since there's no topic in the gaming section...

Persona 4 - re-ordered it for the third time for £16.16, cancelling my previous order with Amazon.co.uk. I can't see it dropping in price any more prior to its release.

Mana Khemia - Play have it up on their site for £24.99, so I pre-ordered it. It looks like we'll be getting the same as what the yanks did: a slipcover and soundtrack together with the game.

Back