What did you BUY today?

Luna

Death Scythe
No they are in a very bad position from both a financial perspective and from fan trust as well. Disgaea 5 on PS4 was a huge flop for them and it was the Switch port which saved their hides, this is actually the reason Disgaea 6 is a Switch exclusive currently. From a fans point of view, to put it politely NISA are pretty poor at localising games. To the point where Y's 8 entire script needed to be completey rewritten and fixed in a post launch patch. Not to mention that despite poor sales they still actively antagonise their fanbase
Oh my entirely rewritten does sound bad. Utawarerumono by all means isn't terrific (you'll get at least two lines that are really terrifically badly translated in terms of speaker's tone and speech, as it uses random slur words, but at least the meaning is not all that off). It's also not really good especially next to Atlus' Masks translations. (Those are pretty free style and in some parts putting JP and english parts next to each other will make you wonder how it sometimes almost is entirely differently lines, yet still keeps the spirit of the content alive whilst even transporting the VA moods into the text itself. Easily one of the most impressive translation efforts I've seen to make the experience as engaging as the JP one, when you can understand the VAs.)

Oh beware of one thing if go from Prelude to Masks. "Decoys" as they are called in JP are for unknown reasons called "Proxies" in the Masks ones and Prelude keeps the Decoy not caring for any localization consistency. (I wonder why Atlus went for Proxies. Though imo in terms of meaning in the lore proxies actually makes more sense than even the JP original.)

Other than that, did some KyoAni shopping~

Too bad I missed the first reservation period, which would have shipped end of the year (now it's going to ship end of Febraury). That first one sure was sold out quick.

D1tchd1gger

Claymore
Bought a tablet. Got 15% off at Argos with my Sainsbury's staff discount card, plus had £40 on my Nectar card and my mum sent me some money because she bought something for my sister. Mainly for manga reading, but I'm sure I'll use it for other things:
DSC_2764.JPG

The screen is pretty much 1:1 with a standard manga:
DSC_2765.JPG

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
I ordered it as well, though I'm saving the discount for The Young Master as that's more expensive than the other 88 Asia titles.
Yes I recall seeing the announcement for it, something about adding some additional content to make it “extra-special”. Curious to see how it turns out.

Darren Skippings

Dandy Guy, in Space
Ordered today (deep breath)
Garden of Sinners BD CE (Amazon pre black Friday sale)
Pre ordered
After the rain
Cautious Hero SE BD
Hunter X Hunter pt 1 BD
Kemomo michi; Rise Up BD
Moribito BD
Steins gate movie BD
Yuuna and the haunted hot spring BD
Wicked city/Demon city SHinjuku CE
Demon Slayer CE 1
The Promised Neverland CE
All UP1

demonix

Straw Hat Pirate

The backlight on my old TV gave out about a month or so after this whole pandemic thing started and I was going to wait until I'd gotten my room sorted out, but that plan has changed and I've decided to just have a smaller TV on my desk and another which will be my in bed TV (which is what this one will be as I'll be getting a full HD TV for the desk).
I just need to get a monitor arm and some of the other stuff I need before I put it in what will be its temporary location.

Oldmario

Adventurer
Oh my entirely rewritten does sound bad. Utawarerumono by all means isn't terrific (you'll get at least two lines that are really terrifically badly translated in terms of speaker's tone and speech, as it uses random slur words, but at least the meaning is not all that off). It's also not really good especially next to Atlus' Masks translations. (Those are pretty free style and in some parts putting JP and english parts next to each other will make you wonder how it sometimes almost is entirely differently lines, yet still keeps the spirit of the content alive whilst even transporting the VA moods into the text itself. Easily one of the most impressive translation efforts I've seen to make the experience as engaging as the JP one, when you can understand the VAs.)

Oh beware of one thing if go from Prelude to Masks. "Decoys" as they are called in JP are for unknown reasons called "Proxies" in the Masks ones and Prelude keeps the Decoy not caring for any localization consistency. (I wonder why Atlus went for Proxies. Though imo in terms of meaning in the lore proxies actually makes more sense than even the JP original.)
there was one line that felt pretty out of place when i played it, i forget who he was talking to (it may have been when he first meets kamyu) but they mentioned someone who he had no idea who they were he responded back with "who the **** is that" which was a high tone considering the conversation was pretty relaxed

Luna

Death Scythe
there was one line that felt pretty out of place when i played it, i forget who he was talking to (it may have been when he first meets kamyu) but they mentioned someone who he had no idea who they were he responded back with "who the **** is that" which was a high tone considering the conversation was pretty relaxed
Yes that's one of the very badly translated lines. He's simply sounding l asking "who are they?" There.
There's another line where he gets to use another bad weird in the translation. Meaning bit off completely, bit phrasing add off as it can get.

Denny Fisher

Pokémon Master
Pre-orders I am waiting on.

Black Clover Season 2
Code geass 4 movie
Dr STONE
Dragon ball super collection
Fairy Tail Collection 7
Fairy Tail Collection 8
Fairy Tail Collection 9
Fairy Tail Collection 10
Fairy Tail Collection 11
Golden Kamuy - Season 1
Golden Kamuy - Season 2
Human Lost
Hunter X Hunter - Set 1,2,3
Kemono Michi: Rise Up
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
No Guns Life - Season 1
One Piece Episode of East Blue
One Piece Adventure of Nebulandia
The Promised Neverland
Ride Your Wave
Violet Evergarden
Yuuna & the Haunted Hot Springs
Z/X Code Reunion

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Don’t Look Now 4K Collector’s Edition
The Ladykillers 4K Collector’s Edition

Both from the HMV Store using their 20% off code.