What did you BUY today?

From Amazon UK (Pre-ordered):
Man of Steel - 3D Blu-ray/2D Blu-ray: Limited Edition Steelbook
The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition - 3D Blu-ray/2D Blu-ray

Wolverine will arrive in 2 weeks while Man of Steel will arrive early December.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: Super Music Collection

Went live on iTunes today. Only costs £7.99 for 212 tracks (sure, some of them are only a few seconds long but ssh). Costs half the price the 4-CD set does in Japan.

From Amazon UK:
Perfect Blue: Blu-ray/DVD Collector's Edition
The Little Mermaid Collection DVD (Xmas Shopping) - For my sister's 21st Birthday, Now I need to figure out an Xmas gift
James Arthur's debut album (Xmas Shopping) - For my mum
The Pacific: Complete Series Blu-ray (Xmas Shopping) - For my dad

I was in town and noticed that Forbidden Planet had moved to a larger store (still on the same street, but bigger place). While browsing, I ended up buying Penguindrum volume 2....even though I've owned my copy of volume 1 since MCM Comic Con in May and have yet to watch it xD

I also picked up my comics:
New Avengers 11-12
Uncanny Avengers 12-14

"Buy your Christmas travel tickets early", my better conscience begged of me. "You shall avoid the risk of later upset", it added encouragingly.

Oh, the best laid schemes of mice and men. What cruel happenstance should the Moreae cast upon me, on the very day I book my Megabus ticket, but a widespread technical issue on the part of my bank. A full yet fruitless half-hour was squandered on subjecting myself to the exquisite torture of their call holding music, digits fleeing from my telephonic credit balance faster than the precious nuggets of composure from my person.

I have been left with little choice but to do the most damaging of acts to my esteem: I shall reluctantly have to try again tomorrow. Let this, dear reader, warn you of your better conscience's deceitfulness.

Did another batch of Xmas Shopping:
- Apocalypse Now: Box Set Collector's Edition Blu-ray for my dad - Includes original, Redux and Heart of Darkness
- Despicable Me 2 DVD for my sister
- Great Gatsby (2013) DVD for my sister

Bought more for my sister because her birthday is a few days ahead of Xmas, I got the Little Mermaid for her but I needed some more items to justify both events. She wanted New Girl Season 3 but that series is not out on DVD yet, but I knew she liked the DVDs I ordered just now.

While I bought these for myself:
- First Squad Blu-ray
- The Pianist Blu-ray
- The Raid Blu-ray
- Tron: Legacy Blu-ray

The first three are part of the '3 for £17' deal, First Squad is a Japanese anime in Russian from Studio 4C (Animatrix, Berserk Golden Age, Tekkonkinkreet). Tron Legacy I really liked so I bought the 3D version combo (I did see the film in 3D at the cinema).

I bought my Christmas present last night - a Wi-Fi-only PlayStation Vita with Little Big Planet, Tearaway and a 16GB SD card. After redeeming about £14 worth of GAME reward points, it came to about £135.

Sorting though my DVD backlog pile, I found a couple titles which I purchased after watching the first series via lovefilm as they were unavailable in R2. As it's been a while since watching the show I thought it would be good to try and rewatch the first series.

Although sadly both are long out of print in R2 (both ADV releases I think)

Gravion & Divergence Eve

I ordered a Nintendo Wii U Mario bundle* for my older brother on Friday morning. After going out to a job search course I returned only to be told that the bank had called twice. When I called them I was told the payment request from Nintendo (I had ordered it from their site) had been sent to the fraud department. After getting it all sorted out it should arrive on Monday.

* For anyone who wants to know what this bundle is,
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-hardw ... 74508.html

Got the Wolf Children BD. I gambled on it being cheaper in HMV than on Amazon and thankfully I was right this time (£19.99). Looking forward to watching it!

Bought some Christmas presents:
1x Purple CD player/radio for Mum (had to walk to the other side of town to get a purple one)
1x Celebrity Juice DVD for Tommy
1x Top Gear DVD for the Step-dad
1x Dog collar with custom letters "EV" (they ran out of Es. I wanted four for "Eevee")
1x Can of squirty cream for Eevee
1x Bag of dog treats for Eevee

Bought some christmas present
Motorola Moto G (16gb) for my mum (her current phone is on it's dying legs)
Cat treats for Peanut (brothers cat)

Plus other random food/drink from Tesco, plus a new pair of general use trainers

Due to a pricing error on Nintendo's online store, I managed to get download codes for Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 for £17.90. Get 2 for the price of 0.5!

Back