What did you BUY today?

Using a £10 capital bonds gift-voucher plus points on card got Blue Exorcist volumes 7 & 8

I ended up paying something stupid like 42p for them

As the current grill for the fireplace looks like this
538032_10151582776740041_468041910_n.jpg

I've got a replacement coming.

I just bought Rumbling Hearts (the 3 volumes) after hearing about it on here. It sounds like my kind of thing, I love a good cry.

Yesterday I bought the Tsubasa starter set from Amazon. Basically it's the first dvd with a nice box. I already have all 6 dvds...I just like the box. I'm so bad for just loving pretty artwork!

The spoils of my tactical sortie at the Isle of Dogs Asda:

• Chocolate flapjacks
  • Roast turkey slices
  • Salad cress
  • Dough-nuts
  • Bagels
  • Bread rolls

For the above I exchanged one pound and twenty pence sterling. Quite the conquest, I hold.

I was in a charity shop in Exeter today (think it was for a local hospice, can't remember as there is a street with 5 charity shops in a row), and picked up an album called "The Tundra Workshop" by the "Bedroom Rockers" on the basis that I liked the look of the cover and it was only 50p [so if it turns out to be rubbish, it's no big financial hit for me]

Importing it into iTunes, as usual the artwork didn't get picked up so I've looked onto Amazon to copy the artwork and I've found that only 1 copy is listed for sale for £35 (however with a sales rank in the low millions so probably has sold one copy in the past 10 years). Nice little 'find'.

Plus some Diesel from the Chandlers Ford Asda Hypermarket, 5p a litre cheaper than this area.

Lawrence said:
Actually, I think 1999.co.jp sent things as gifts. I bought a T-shirt from them and it was sent as a gift. Also, if you're buying that expensive, you'd almost be as well to buy from eye-on-asia. They're pretty good. :thumb:
They do. My Ultimate Madoka statue was marked as a Gift.

Home insurance for the next year

Budget wanted £250 to renew it with them, quick search via Confussed/Go Compare found a hell of a lot of cheaper quotes, managed to get it to £95 via the AA with the potential of £38 cash back. So almost £200 saved :)

Bought some stuff for the kitchen (dish rack, rugs) and a Bacon barmcake that was nuked rather than grilled.... Yeah, not again.
Also decided to finish getting the rest of the known series of HOTD in manga format. Got 6-7 now, but waiting for 5 to come from Book Depository.

Because I'm a lazy git who cannot be bothered to switch the Audio and HDMI cables around when I want to use my BD player, I bought a LiteOn IHOS104 BD drive for my PC from Amazon. (My THIRD Bluray player if we count PS3s - and I'm the only one in the house with them)
Was nice and cheap - costing only £26.17. I'm not too bothered that it's a Read Only drive, since it's not like I'm going to need to burn discs anyway. Maybe I'll be more motivated to get through my Physical Backlog now :D

Back