What did you BUY today?

mangaman74 said:
Joshawott said:
Pokémon White Version 2 (Japanese Version) from Play-Asia. With UPS shipping, it cost about £54.

Customs'll rape me for sure, but I don't care.

You might get charged customs duty as well.
If it's anything like when I imported White (same website, same courier), the overall charge will probably be just over £25. So when I go to the Job Centre tomorrow, I'll be taking out £40 to keep on hand.

Joshawott said:
Pokémon White Version 2 (Japanese Version) from Play-Asia. With UPS shipping, it cost about £54.

Funnily enough, I also ordered my Japanese Pokemon Black 2 yesterday, but I used the cheapest shipping they have, as I don't mind waiting since I have other games that have my full attention at the moment. I also ordered 2 cheap trading figures with my copy.

Preordered from Play.com
Agarest: Generations Of War 2 - Special Collector's Edition (since Planetaxel are no more I have decided to buy the UK version).

A ticket to see my local comedy club tonight. Amongst the acts includes Lee Ridley - aka "Lost Voice Guy". He is a comedian with Cerebral Palsy which resulted in him being unable to speak. As a result he uses an iPad to communicate and tell his jokes to the audience.

Kind of a 'what didn't I buy' post today, as Zavvi have cancelled my Catherine order due to being out of stock and their supplier having none left. Frustrating.

Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 been meaning to pick them up for a while and now that the 3rd has it's release date thought I should, plus I had exactly £13 in my wallet so even my money was telling me to do it.

Ufabulum Deluxe Edition (CD & mp3) by Squarepusher*

* This is a reorder after my amazon trader order was refunded after it got lost in the post (I ordered it early June and it still hasn't arrived).

VoxPhantom said:
Ordered Atelier Totori for a very reasonable £17.86 from ShopTo.

Argh I missed it for £15 at zavvi and now for £18 there? :(

Not that I don't have a bunch of other games in my queue anyway.

Personally I ordered Valkyria Chonicles 2 for a bargain £7 and both SYndicate and Kingdoms of Amalur for just less than £15 each.

Oh and Black Butler complete series.

Using the 10% off code @ Zavvi I ordered the following,
Unknown Pleasures [Remastered With Bonus Disc] - Joy Division (CD)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - PS3*

And from Amazon UK,
Closer [Remastered With Bonus Disc] - Joy Division (CD)

*Only have to wait a month for it to ship :roll: .

mangaman74 said:

And from Amazon UK,

Excellent musical purchases, the gig on Closer's bonus disc is a real cracker!

I tried to use the Zavvi code to pre-order .hack//Quantum, but their product page for it doesn't work...

VoxPhantom said:
mangaman74 said:

And from Amazon UK,

Excellent musical purchases, the gig on Closer's bonus disc is a real cracker!

I tried to use the Zavvi code to pre-order .hack//Quantum, but their product page for it doesn't work...

You could not have got it with the 10% off anyway so don't worry about missing out on it.

From the Zavvi email I received yesterday with the 10% code,
*ZJULY is valid until 4th July 2012 at Midnight & excludes Pre orders, electronics, multi-buys & consoles.

From Zavvi's site,
http://www.zavvi.com/terms-and-conditio ... l=thgemail

11. Price and Payment

All prices shown are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) and are correct at the time they are entered on to the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you.

Orders with a delivery address outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes (including VAT) which are levied once a delivery reaches your destination country. Any such additional charges must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies and practices vary widely from country to country. We recommend that you contact your local customs office for information.

Please note that when shipping goods from outside of the United Kingdom, cross border shipments may be subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. In respect of all goods dispatched to you to an address outside of the United Kingdom, you are deemed to be the importer of the goods and must therefore comply with all the laws and regulations of the country into which the goods are being delivered.

Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card or via your PayPal account. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the dispatch of your good or provision of the service to you. If payment is to be made via a credit card a pre-auth value of £0.01 will be held against the card until the card issuer validates the payment.

In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order in accordance with clause 9, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our Website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods, then you will receive a full refund.

You confirm that the credit, debit card or PayPal account that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us we will not be liable to you for any delay or non-delivery.

You may only use one discount code with each order. We reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders where you add more than one discount code to the basket.

We allow you to use discount codes strictly on the terms and conditions upon which they were issued which, amongst other things, may include terms relating to your eligibility to use them and a maximum order value. Discount codes that are valid across the entire site exclude pre-orders products, electronics and any products that are valid in other multi-buy offer on site. Please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions before you place an order as we reserve the right to reject or cancel any orders which do not comply with these terms even if your credit or debit card has been charged. If there is any inconsistency between the terms and conditions upon which the discount codes were issued and these terms and conditions, the discount code terms and conditions prevail. A copy of the discount code terms and conditions can be obtained by mailing our customer service representatives at:

e-mail address: [email protected]

Please note, zavvi operates a loyalty scheme in respect of products purchased through zavvi. Please see our zavvi loyalty scheme terms and conditions for details about how reward points can be accrued and how the scheme operates.

I tried to order a PSP game (Darkstalkers) as well but since it was in a multi-buy promo the discount didn't apply so I cancelled it (this is despite the fact that it was the only multi-buy item in the order at the time). As for the link to the Hack dvd not working, I think I will query them about it and let you know if they say anything.

mangaman74 said:
You could not have got it with the 10% off anyway so don't worry about missing out on it.

From the Zavvi email I received yesterday with the 10% code,
*ZJULY is valid until 4th July 2012 at Midnight & excludes Pre orders, electronics, multi-buys & consoles.
This would have sufficed, rather than their whole T&Cs! :p

I've already messaged Zavvi about the .hack//Quantum page, no response as yet though.

Back