What are you listening to Now thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since i've been introduced to it, i've been listening to a bit of Echoes by Pink Floyd whilst studying, it's damned good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out Jade Tree Records has a Bandcamp page now, so I downloaded all of the classic Emo records I could find on there that I wanted. Not bad for $5 a pop, now I just need physical copies, ideally on every format they do.

I've known about Flogging Molly for years now (since I first played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 :lol:) but I've only just started to listen to them properly. They've got some seriously catchy tunes!

I think most fans would point to You Are There (2006) and Hymn to the Immortal Wind (2009) as the band's best works. Personally I can't look beyond Hymn. It's one of the most emotionally cathartic albums I've ever heard and essentially flawless.

Listened to D'Angelo's Black Messiah album. Phenomenal. Album of the year for me by a long way. Nothing else comes close.

Do yourself a favour though and don't stream it on Spotify like I regrettably did. There is little else worse than having this masterpiece interrupted by adverts for Downton Abbey the friggin Christmas album. But then I suppose that's because I'm cheap and not a premium subscriber. Totally ruined my first listening. Urrgh so horrible.

Been listening to a lot of Slipknot and Korn as I saw them live back on the 20th. AMAZING GIG!!!!

I also enjoy listening to Sia a lot atm. I love her video for Elastic Heart and those critics can do one about it's content.

I also secretly love Taylor Swift atm. Her new single Blank Space is well good and catchy and I enjoy the stuff from Beyonces latest album. Flawless being my currently favourite with the lines "I woke up like this" and "bow down b*tches"

I wasn't as sold on the new Slipknot stuff as everyone else seemed to be, but I've never been as big a fan of them as I have been of Korn (I loved their last album)

Taylor Swift is always a good thing. Always.

I've been slowly adding to my anime/j-pop songs collection on iTunes - I just wish they had more on streaming services as it'll end up costing me a fortune otherwise. I'm a bit obsessed with Eir Aoi, her stuff is amazing. I've got quite a few of my favourite Miku songs from the Project Diva games too now.

I'm enjoying the new Kyary Pamyu Pamyu single a lot - it feels like a step back in the right direction after the relative disappointment of her last album. Even though the bonkers-ness is sort of the whole point of Kyary, I like it when she's actually able to do 'proper' songs too, and this feels like it moves closer back toward that >

Going to see Placebo tonight so trying to get to grips with their new album. Not a patch on the old stuff I'm afraid.

Carpenter Brut - Division Ruine(from his EP3, absolutely superb, especially Paradise warfare)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back