What are you listening to Now thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayase said:
Nobody posts music any more, this makes me sad.
I'll add some light and add these few songs I've been listening to a lot recently.

(LOL They all start with the letter 'D')

The Dear Hunter's Mandala is rather amazing to listen to when going through their Color Specturm series (Each colour has it's own type of music genre, for instance Black is a mixture of Heavy Rock/Metal while Orange is Alternative Rock/Indie Rock). I wish it was longer. The same goes for Never Forgive, Never Forget.

Deftones was a big surprise for me. I didn't really get into them until I listened to Koi no Yokan their most recent album released back in late 2012. To me, it's probably one of my favourite albums of all time and each song is great to listen to. This last song on the album has a great drum tune.

Dry the River also surprised me, a Folk/Indie Rock band with a similar tone of voice to Mumford & Sons. Their Shallow Bed album is also on my list of favourite albums. DAT DRUMS ON LION'S DEN IS EPIC.

Last edited by a moderator:

I recently finished Max Payne 3 and I was stunned by the game's story and tone. One of the best games I've played in a while.

WHy have I only just heard about this now?

Cute Idols+Heavy Metal music+catchy sounding vocals = something that reall shouldnt work, but I cant help but watch and listen

ayase presents: Cold War II Ukrainian Boogaloo - Party in the Ruins Playlist

Just had a mini marathon of Game of Thrones to get up to date and I'm really loving this season's promo song:

Overdrive, the new Album from Shonen Knife, I went to see them perform in Coventry on sunday and purchased it after the show. It wasn't just cool that I got it signed, but one of the former members (sister of the lead singer) was manning the merchandise stand.

Discussing Saiko Exciting in the chat triggered a bad nostalgia trip. On the plus side, Shiina Ringo's videos are now unlocked in the UK again.

I am currently obsessed with Tove Lo - Stay High and Crvrches - We Sink. AMAZING SONGS.

I like Lana Del Reys new one I currently cant remember the name of too. Cannot wait for her new album ad of course, some tour dates!!!!

I've managed to listen to 3 of Lana Del Reys songs off her new album so far. They're not bad. They're also not as good as Born To Die & Paradise though :( I'm hoping as I go further into the album it picks up.

Peter Murphy's new album, Lion. Seems like a very eclectic collection of songs, but enjoying it so far.

Although... that's a familiar beat, Pete. Been listening to the Fiends?

The new La Roux album - it's excellent.

Also, on a Japanese note - the new Bo Ningen album is well worth a listen too if you're into psychedelic rock/stuff like the Horrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back