What are you listening to Now thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ayase said:

Thread needs more 80s.

What a tune - I'm a massive OMD fan, and this is without a doubt one of the most beautiful songs of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cannot get the song Mainframe from the Borderlands The Pre Sequel Claptrap orientated DLC! It's soooooo catchy and I love it!

This isn't the type of music I usually enjoy, but there's something about this song I really love. It just seems rhythmically perfect, especially the chorus.

ayase, enjoying trendy up-to-the-minute music? I think the last time that happened was La Roux's first album...

La Roux's second album, the one that came out last year, was pretty awesome - probably my favourite album of 2014.

I went to see Scandal at Islington Academy on Sunday and they were awesome, did their two Bleach OP themes and everything - tiny venue, but absolutely packed - combined with seeing Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and Perfume last year, there really seems to be a proper appetite for J-Pop gigs in London now.

Lutga said:
La Roux's second album, the one that came out last year, was pretty awesome - probably my favourite album of 2014.
You know it occurs to me that I haven't even listened to it. I didn't know it existed until recently - This is how out of the loop I get, the internet now means I can largely avoid contemporary popular culture altogether.

I suppose this means I potentially miss out on things I might like, but it also means the entire extent of my knowledge of Kim Kardashian is that she's on television and has a big ****. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Finally got off my backside and bought Le Cassette's album. Initially I was a bit disappointed as I probably wanted the whole thing to be on the level of 'Arms of Mine', but once you get past that, it's actually very good in its own right.

ayase said:
Thread needs more 80s.

Feel I should be more into OMD than I am, but the only track of theirs I really like is Enola Gaye.

Not even sure the phrase "this is a really good David Hasslehoff song" has ever been used before.

I do like sharing some of the least listened to music on YouTube.

ayase said:
Double post.

Los Angeles.

You are too hot.

That was a fantastic album - shamelessly 'pop' in many ways too, the choruses were incredible, I remember XFM played First of the Gang endlessly that year.

Moz has rarely put a foot wrong for me since his comeback but yeah, what a comeback it was. World Peace is maybe not quite so solid, but still has some great tracks on there.

Yowanda-san said:
the only way to listen to the album
...or any Kraftwerk album for that matter, is in the original German. Really, you'll never go back. The differences in the numbers of syllables used and how the language is structured fits so much better with the tunes and makes the English lyrics sound quite clunky by comparison. Not that they did a bad job of producing English versions all things considered, but still.

Wir sind auf Alles programmiert
Und was du willst wird ausgeführt

Wir sind die Roboterrrr

Went to glastonbury and found Soil and Pimp sessions randomly (they did mitchiko and hatchin OP). It was epic and I got a singed CD!

Bloody hell I haven't heard that for a long time. The sudden realisation that I'm the same age as Alizée, that I was fifteen when this song was released and that itself was fifteen years ago is... odd.

Massive Bowie fan here - I can never quite decide which era of his I prefer best, the mind just boggles at how creative the guy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back