What are you listening to Now thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I somewhat regret mentioning this in the chat last night, damn thing's been stuck in my head all morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

And oh man, that Main Thing tune I posted a couple posts up is still making me lose my head!

Can't stop listening to the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome mix Vol.1. Movie was brilliant and so were the song choices.

Come and get your love....

Slipknot's new song, The Negative One. I didnt like it at first, it now has a music video so is growing on me. I am happy to hear that it's not their official first single. That's going to be called The Devil In I. From the description, it sounds more like what I'd like. I hope I can finally see them live with this tour. It's a shame they'll be no Joey and Paul (RIP).

Haven't picked up their latest album but the sound they're going for is interesting (this band went from pure metal to progressive-experimental-alternate metal).

Loving it.

Last thing I listened to was a mix of Slipknot songs whilst I was doing my exercise DVD yesterday. I think they were mainly from All Hope Is Gone and The Subliminal Verses.

Can't get enough of this soundtrack, currently listening to this track whilst I translate the DB F.C Manga.

Lawrence said:
NormanicGrav said:
Saw this band via BBC Three last night, nice tune.

Never really sure how to feel about bands getting hyped up before they've even released an album but then, what more should I expect from a major record label.
Royal Blood are pretty good though, I saw them live at T in the Park a few months back, pretty impressive how they can throw out such a strong sound with just a bass and a drum kit.
Their album is the fastest selling debut Rock album in about three years as well, which is quite impressive. I'm not a big fan of their stuff, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on them.

I've just been listening to a lot of Guided By Voices lately, Bee Thousand is the main album for helping me get through my shifts at work, I must've listened to it about 40 times since discovering them last year, Alien lanes is also pretty good.

Funnily enough, I'm just listening to the Royal Blood album right now too.

They remind me a lot of early muse - the riffs really pack a punch. Great stuff, and amazing it's selling so well too.

I've listened to bits and bobs of their stuff, and I see more comparisons to QOTSA, The White Stripes and The Black Keys. I imagine the latter two are merely because they're a two piece, but I can see the QOSTA comparison, the tones are a bit Nick Oliveri-esque in places.

I'm just enjoying a bit of Pulp at the moment, the whole of Different Class is fantastic, definitely one of the best Britpop albums out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back