Viewster's Omakase Details Revealed

IncendiaryLemon said:
To be fair, Crunchyroll does the same with their subtitled Yu Gi Oh releases. IDK about the original series but episodes of YGO GX come out every Tuesday and that show finished broadcasting in 2011.
And I'm no fan of that idea there.

Gimme an arc or give me region locking.

Heh, I finally broke down in some kind of stupor and decided I'd give Viewster the benefit of the doubt for at least one round of this. Then I read the details more closely and realized they want you to pay basically the same again for shipping. Better luck next time, Viewster.

Have Viewster mentioned when they announce the topic of the next box? Have they said if they're sticking to show specific boxes or are they going with more general themes in the future a la Lootcrate?

IncendiaryLemon said:
Have Viewster mentioned when they announce the topic of the next box? Have they said if they're sticking to show specific boxes or are they going with more general themes in the future a la Lootcrate?

Which box do you mean, the one after Naruto?

Buzz201 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Which box do you mean, the one after Naruto?

I had no idea they announced a Naruto one.

ilmaestro said:
Shiroi Hane said:
[Crunchyroll] did make a push into the UK when they launched the .co.uk site and set a £ price.
When did this happen?
Can't remember off the top of my head. At the time I was paying monthly through Paypal (so no bank charges for the conversion) and paying in £ actually turned out to be more expensive, so I didn't.
According to archive.org, crunchyroll.co.uk first went live in 2012. Here you go: http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Crunch ... _site.html

The Kill la Kill stuff is quite nice. One thing in particular I welcome is that none of the stuff has a Viewster/Omakase logo plastered on it, as is the case with LootCrate, 1UP, etc. Various things, especially the t-shirts, get ruined by that piece of branding.

One thing I can see people possibly taking issue with is the Senketsu scarf. A lot of attention was put on this including a fashion shoot, so it's mildly disapointing that the thing is more like the head scarf my nan used to wear or a flag with the Senketsu eye printed in the corner. Promotional images in particular made it look like a pre-shaped piece which was readily recogniseable as the form from the show it was based on.

Something nice though is that it's all practical stuff....though we'll ignore the surely unintended subtext of giving otaku two items related to bathing, yes? :p

Back