US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Passing Through said:
Kite said:
I wonder if I can fool the region lock into playing on my laptop if I change the country to America

Region Locks and Country Codes are two different things, although some recent releases have been checking a player's country code to add another layer of locking, so that US and AU releases can't be played on Japanese machines.

That's what I meant about the discs checking the country (ie country locked) in addition to being locked to region A.

Mangaranga said:
Cheeman342 said:
Has anyone tried the Shana Blu Rays yet?
All locked. The BDs for Seasons 1 and 2 are disgusting anyway. The R1 DVDs seriously look better for those two.
Tell me about it lol but I was going to go for the full set as I wanted to get Shana 3 and movie on Blu ray as they actually look good

I just really registered to site to just comment on this thread, to say thank you for compiling this list, it has been so useful. When buying anime that is not in the UK it is always difficult to try and find anime that have the right region coding, even more difficult when Amazon doesn't label their products correctly. So thank you for this list I never would have brought half the anime that I have without this list. :)

I can confirm that the S.A.V.E. edition versions of strike witches seasons one and two are A+B (the discs have are most likely from the original versions as the disc labels for the season 1 discs show zone A only while the cover (both sides) shows A and B and the first disc in the second season has an advert for a DVD/BD set that never came out).

demonix said:
I can confirm that the S.A.V.E. edition versions of strike witches seasons one and two are A+B (the discs have are most likely from the original versions as the disc labels for the season 1 discs show zone A only while the cover (both sides) shows A and B and the first disc in the second season has an advert for a DVD/BD set that never came out).

Added both to the list. Cheers.

Not on the list and it's probably common knowledge but the US release of My Neighbour Totoro is A/B/C. States it on the back and on the disc. I have also tested it. DVD is region 1 only.

Emulsion said:
Not on the list and it's probably common knowledge but the US release of My Neighbour Totoro is A/B/C. States it on the back and on the disc. I have also tested it. DVD is region 1 only.

I mentioned this a while back once before but the thread owner didn't seem to bother with the Ghibli Disney releases. :?

OK. Only really check the main post and just skim the rest of the thread, so didn't see someone had mentioned it already.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Odds that book of bantorra blu-ray, would be region B too?

50/50, will have to wait til Sentai reveals the back cover (once it's revealed I'll add it to the Overseas Cover Art thread).

NormanicGrav said:
Emulsion said:

I mentioned this a while back once before but the thread owner didn't seem to bother with the Ghibli Disney releases. :?

Apologies, I decided not to add the US Ghibli releases to the list simply because the UK is getting all the Ghibli films released on blu-ray as well, and we seem to be getting most if not all of them a lot sooner then the US does.

If you would like me to add the Ghibli films to the list then let me know and I will do that.

Titan said:
Apologies, I decided not to add the US Ghibli releases to the list simply because the UK is getting all the Ghibli films released on blu-ray as well, and we seem to be getting most if not all of them a lot sooner then the US does

Fair enough.

NormanicGrav said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:
Odds that book of bantorra blu-ray, would be region B too?

50/50, will have to wait til Sentai reveals the back cover (once it's revealed I'll add it to the Overseas Cover Art thread).

I had an ask of Siren if they'd release the Blu-ray, and they said that they're looking into it. If they do, then it's likely that the US release will be AB coded.

Y2Johnny said:
Hi guys, does anyone know if this edition of Wagnaria 2 works on European blu-rays? Or at least, the odds of it working?

Thanks.
NISA BD releases are region locked to zone A (with the exception of daily lives of highschool boys) and all their BD releases from the yuryyuri season 1 collection onwards won't play on a zone B PS3/4 (that includes standard edition re-releases as they created new BD masters with the glitch that allowed them to play in a zone B PS3/4 fixed).

Your only alternative is to purchase a region free BD player.

demonix said:
Y2Johnny said:
Hi guys, does anyone know if this edition of Wagnaria 2 works on European blu-rays? Or at least, the odds of it working?

Thanks.
NISA BD releases are region locked to zone A (with the exception of daily lives of highschool boys) and all their BD releases from the yuryyuri season 1 collection onwards won't play on a zone B PS3/4 (that includes standard edition re-releases as they created new BD masters with the glitch that allowed them to play in a zone B PS3/4 fixed).

Your only alternative is to purchase a region free BD player.

Aw geez :(

Thanks for the info.

The following titles have been added to the list...

Dragon Ball Z: Season 4 Collection
Fairy Tail, Part 10
From the New World: Collection 1
Haganai NEXT: Complete Collection
Shiki: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition)

Thanks to NormanicGrav in the news thread for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back