US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
BDT87 said:
And going back to AnoHana/Usagi Drop will they work on PS3 (phat) first release October 2007.
Just did a quick test of AnoHana on a UK launch machine without any problems.

Would someone be able to confirm if Tenchi Muyo: Movies Collection and Tenchi Muyo: OVA Series Collection blu-rays are region free or not? Please

Titan said:
valenti19 said:
Would someone be able to confirm if Tenchi Muyo: Movies Collection and Tenchi Muyo: OVA Series Collection blu-rays are region free or not? Please

Unfortunately it looks like both Tenchi Muyo: Movies Collection and Tenchi Muyo: OVA Series Collection are region locked.

Aww, that's a shame. Thank you for posting and letting me know though, I guess I have to hope for a UK release or buy a region free blu-ray player if I ever want to see HD Tenchi.

All Sentai's Blu-rays have been region A. But there is a workaround to get their discs working on region B players. I can confirm that Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion, a January 2013 release, plays on my PS3 using the method detailed in the first post of that thread. So either they're not aware of the loophole or they've intentionally created it.

Might be best to wait for someone else to try it out first, though.

fabricatedlunatic said:
All Sentai's Blu-rays have been region A. But there is a workaround to get their discs working on region B players. I can confirm that Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion, a January 2013 release, plays on my PS3 using the method detailed in the first post of that thread. So either they're not aware of the loophole or they've intentionally created it.

Might be best to wait for someone else to try it out first, though.
I found that out when Penguindrum worked ;)
I'll update the list.

fabricatedlunatic said:
So either they're not aware of the loophole or they've intentionally created it.
Lets be honest, if you found that you had a 'problem' with your product which allows consumers outside your zone to purchase and play it, would you be in a hurry to fix it?
They get more money, and we get more BD anime, and a wider selection than we normally would at that.
I mean seriously, you wouldn't see Manga or MVM putting a BD out for half the shows they do.

Just a thought, would it be worth mentioning Sentai Titles on the list in this thread?
Although they aren't technically Region Free, the method to play them still works regardless of the player used.

ConanThe3rd said:
Any word on space pirates? I really don't want to deal with MVM's release.

Where did I hear that the US and AU Space Pirates Blu-rays have been intentionally gimped with 1080i transfers, whereas Japan gets the decent 1080p?

Mangaranga said:
Just a thought, would it be worth mentioning Sentai Titles on the list in this thread?
Although they aren't technically Region Free, the method to play them still works regardless of the player used.

I haven't added the titles to the list as they are not technically region B compatible, however, I have added a link to the opening post which links to the thread you made.

Titan said:
Mangaranga said:
Received mine today. Funi pulled a Shana again and decided to release the OVA in a BD case with BD size slipcover rather than DVD which was used for both TV series. Good consistency there Funi!

Is the blu-ray A/B?
Baka and Test OVA is once again A/B (BD) and 1/2/4 (DVD)

Mangaranga said:
Titan said:
Mangaranga said:
Received mine today. Funi pulled a Shana again and decided to release the OVA in a BD case with BD size slipcover rather than DVD which was used for both TV series. Good consistency there Funi!

Is the blu-ray A/B?
Baka and Test OVA is once again A/B (BD) and 1/2/4 (DVD)

That’s great, thanks for letting me know. :)

Is Sentai's Bodacious Space Pirates Region AB?

I keep reading in forums that it is, that it boots up with a Sentai logo on Region A machines, and Hanabee logo on Region B machines.

If so, it would be their first dual region (by design) anime Blu-ray.

Just Passing Through said:

I keep reading in forums that it is, that it boots up with a Sentai logo on Region A machines, and Hanabee logo on Region B machines.

I'm going by what I read here.

The cover says A only, but the discs don't have anything at all printed on them so they could easily be resold elsewhere if the lack of a printed Hanabee logo wasn't a problem. Is there any way to tell for sure short of buying a region B player?

(I'm very curious about this one!)

R

Mangaranga said:
Just Passing Through said:

I'm going by what I read here.

Useful website this one Mangaranga. Thanks

Rui said:
Is there any way to tell for sure short of buying a region B player?
If you have the disc (which I don't) and a Toshiba BDX1200 (like a number of us do) you can test it by changing region.

Importing US discs into AU and reboxing them is not new (Madman do it, since you don't need a ratings logo printed on the disc like you do here). The disc being set up to recognize the region and respond accordingly is new to me.
Makes you wonder why Sentai can do fancy stuff like that yet keep making their discs in 1080i...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back