US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titan said:
Joshawott said:
Just tried it again and now my player is saying it's Region A only...weird.

Colour me confused.

Well, that's weird.

I've removed Shana from the list just to be safe.

Unless someone else checks it in the meantime, I'll watch Shana Season 1 after Bunny Drop next week so I'll be able to confirm the region code then.

Tested my copy of Shakugan no Shana Season 1 Blu-ray this morning. It is region A locked according to my player (maybe Joshawott put one of the dvds in instead of the blu-rays the first time?*).

For the record I can switch the region code on my player for blu-rays only so I have no intention of checking out the code for any of my dvds. My player acts as a multi-region player for dvds but I cannot select the region myself.

* Joshawott mentioned comparing the different versions of Shana in the viewing thread (he said FUNimation's DVD > FUNi's BD > Geneon's DVD).

ilmaestro said:
Welcome to the site, Panda-Tales! (Although I see you registered a little while ago)

Thank you~! :) Yeah, I have been on AUKN for a while but never got around to making any posts. But thank you very much for the welcome! :D

Well, it's always nice to know that there are more people lurking around, hopefully you will find some more things that prompt you to post in the future. :)

Re: US Region Free Blu-ray's

Bought the CLAMP movie double pack BD thanks to this thread! It worked! Awesome, thank you :)

Re:

mangaman74 said:
Tested my copy of Shakugan no Shana Season 1 Blu-ray this morning. It is region A locked according to my player (maybe Joshawott put one of the dvds in instead of the blu-rays the first time?*).

For the record I can switch the region code on my player for blu-rays only so I have no intention of checking out the code for any of my dvds. My player acts as a multi-region player for dvds but I cannot select the region myself.

* Joshawott mentioned comparing the different versions of Shana in the viewing thread (he said FUNimation's DVD > FUNi's BD > Geneon's DVD).
I have no idea what happened the first time (perhaps it was magic?). But yeah, it seems to be region A locked.

But yeah I'm the same, I can just change the region whenever I want.

Re: US Region Free Blu-ray's

fabricatedlunatic said:
Strike Witches 2 be region-free (or so says the packaging).

Just received season 2 this morning and can confirm after testing the blu-ray discs they are indeed region A & B.

Also, the Ga-Rei-Zero re-release is also region A & B.

Can i just make a suggestion when it comes to updating the first post. Would it be possible to highlight new titles that have been added in red?

mangaman74 said:
Steins;Gate Part 1 - Region A Locked
Fafner Complete Series - Region A/B

Thanks, Mangaman.

Cloud Strife said:
Can i just make a suggestion when it comes to updating the first post. Would it be possible to highlight new titles that have been added in red?

Sure thing, will do that now.

EDIT: I decided to use blue for any new titles added to the list and red for any titles that go out of print or are hard to find.

Aria The Scarlet Ammo - Region A/B*

*Disc 1 of Aria TSA is region A/B. Disc 2 states that it will only play on region A & B players, which is weird because my player IS region B. I also get the same message when playing the disc on my PS3.

Titan said:
Aria The Scarlet Ammo - Region A/B*

*Disc 1 of Aria TSA is region A/B. Disc 2 states that it will only play on region A & B players, which is weird because my player IS region B. I also get the same message when playing the disc on my PS3.

I have now tested the second disc of Aria TSA blu-ray on five different region B blu-ray players and get the same message each time. Anyone on here know what the problem might be because I’m totally confused.

Sounds like it's just coded for Region A, and throws up the wrongly written warning on Region B players. I suppose that's the warning a properly coded Region A/B disc would show when played on a Region C machine.

Joshawott said:
So it's labelled as A/B but will only work on A?

Yes, but it's only disc two that won't play, disc one works fine.

If this affects all of Aria's second disc's, which I assume it will, then Madman in Australia are going to be thrilled when they find this out.

I wonder if that's something worth taking up with FUNimation. They've obviously advertised it as Region B for their other territories with a same region as us.

Just a minor thing but iirc wasn't the first run of Spice & Wolf season 1 region locked? So folks should probably be careful just incase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back