US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
fabricatedlunatic received Darker than Black today and posted pics in the thread at;

index » Off Topic » Random Chit-Chat >> What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION

Well that's a shame given that FUNimation have region B rights so there's nothing stopping them including it, and it's not like Manga are likely to re-release it.

Shiroi Hane said:
Well that's a shame given that FUNimation have region B rights so there's nothing stopping them including it, and it's not like Manga are likely to re-release it.

Aniplex is probably involved.

WillSilva98 said:
Does anyone know if Psychic Detective Yakumo is Region Free?

I think the Blu Ray should be playable on the PS3, using the Sentai method. (would need to make sure from someone, though)

NormanicGrav said:
Aniplex is probably involved.
Only, Aniplex's own discs are usually region free and if they were worried about importing back into Japan, locking to Region A wouldn't really help their cause...

Region Locked:
Darker Than Black Season 1
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation

Next item to arrive will be Expelled from Paradise from Aniplex of America, if it's anything like recalled out summer expect the set to arrive 1 week after launch.

the Australian fairy tail blu-rays are region B as usual yeah, have been getting the US sets till episode 10 and thinking of importing the Aus sets from now on

Can anyone confirm Valvrave the Liberator Season 2 as region free? My apologies if it has already been identified as region locked

Mrclt1994 said:
Can anyone confirm Valvrave the Liberator Season 2 as region free? My apologies if it has already been identified as region locked
It is indeed region free. I've had it for ages but still haven't got around to watching it which is probably why it's not confirmed. I don't tend to test Aniplex BDs straight away since they're authored in Japan mainly.

Mangaranga said:
Mrclt1994 said:
It is indeed region free. I've had it for ages but still haven't got around to watching it which is probably why it's not confirmed. I don't tend to test Aniplex BDs straight away since they're authored in Japan mainly.

Thanks so much!

NormanicGrav said:
Region Locked:
Darker Than Black Season 1
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation

This is relevant here (via Fandompost)
https://www.facebook.com/madman/pos...&total_comments=1&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}
- why you not doing much blu-rays any more? I'm on the madman dealer guide and for your August and September there little blu-rays I name them
Wanna Be The Strongest In
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Blazblue: Alter Memory
Noragami
The World God Only Knows: Ova
Magical Warfare
why there no blu-rays release for them?

- while we would love to be able to bring Blu-Rays out for every series we release, the commercial reality is that it's just not feasible. Due to some licensing restrictions it means we are unable to share BD runs with some companies for certain titles, making it prohibitively expensive for us to produce ourselves for release.

The odd thing is, we know full well that FUNimation have a license to distribute DtB in the UK and Australia and Neptunia had the FUNimation logo in the AU DVDs as well.

To be added to the list in green (Aniplex just announced released details)

Aldnoah Zero Vol. 1 - 21/07/2015 $74.98
Aldnoah Zero Vol. 2 - 27/10/2015 $74.98

Sword Art Online II: Phantom Bullet part 1 - 22/09/2015 $89.98
Sword Art Online II: Calibur - 17/11/2015 $59.98
Sword Art Online II: Mother's Rosario - 09/01/2016 $89.98

Expelled From Paradise

Tested and confirmed region free. The subtitles for this title can also only be changed from within the pop-up menu. This is because the film utilizes branching paths - Choosing the English Dub option will show the Opening/Closing credits in English, whilst choosing either JP 5.1/2.0 will show the original Japanese credits. The video stream changes whenever you change audio option, so you can't lock into one despite both streams having all three audio tracks in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back