US Region Free Blu-rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
IncendiaryLemon said:
Does anyone know if the Gintama the Movie blu ray is region free or not?
It's a pre geo lock sentai release, so the old bypass method is likely to work (it isn't listed in the related thread, so I can't be 100% certain that it'll work).

demonix said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Does anyone know if the Gintama the Movie blu ray is region free or not?
It's a pre geo lock sentai release, so the old bypass method is likely to work (it isn't listed in the related thread, so I can't be 100% certain that it'll work).

Right, thanks.

Was there ever a definitive answer on Tokyo Ravens... I can find a post saying it was added to the list, but it isn't on the list?

msgeek said:
Was there ever a definitive answer on Tokyo Ravens... I can find a post saying it was added to the list, but it isn't on the list?
I think you misread it as there's a post confirming that it is locked to zone A and none confirming addition to the list.

I was getting my info from titans post on 17th Dec 2014 (Page 42).

"I have also added Tokyo Ravens: Part 1 & Unbreakable Machine-Doll: Complete Series to the list. Thanks to NormanicGrav in the overseas artwork thread for the info. :)"

It's one of the few references I could track down on google... Although if you say it's not I've no reason to disbelieve you.

And it was confirmed by titan last month (page 49) that it was zone A locked, and that the initial information was incorrect or changed between the information being made available and release.

Titan said:
Tokyo Ravens: Part 1 - region A locked

msgeek said:
I was getting my info from titans post on 17th Dec 2014 (Page 42).

"I have also added Tokyo Ravens: Part 1 & Unbreakable Machine-Doll: Complete Series to the list. Thanks to NormanicGrav in the overseas artwork thread for the info. :)"

It's one of the few references I could track down on google... Although if you say it's not I've no reason to disbelieve you.

Pretty much what happened was that when Funimation adds new titles to their website they add additional disc information like regions. Tokyo Ravens was stated to be A|B|1|4 when it was first up, however 20% of the time the regions change and as such Tokyo Ravens ended up being region locked to A & 1. It's actually not surprising in the end when I realised Geneon Universal was involved.

Other instances with regions changing at the last moment include Attack on Titan (A|B|1|2|4 to A|1), Code:Breaker (A|B|1|2|4 to A|1), Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean (A|1 to A|B|1) and a couple other titles.

Mangaranga said:
Confirmed:
Garden of Sinners: Recalled out Summer
Kill La Kill Volume 5
Hanamonogatari

Sentai Geo-Locked confirmations:
The World God Only Knows: OVAs
The World God Only Knows III

speedyspeck said:
I can confirm that Michiko and Hatchin S.A.V.E Edition is Region B Compatible!

Lists updated. Thanks for the confirmations. :)

If anyone's curious my copies for Darker Than Black Season 1 and Hyperdimension Neptunia should arrive by around Thursday so I'll be able to test them out as soon as they arrive. We know both sets are estimated to be Region A but anything could happen.

UPDATE:

Darker Than Black hasn't arrived here yet, I'll assume it'll come tomorrow however I'll possibly provide a late update due to travel. So expect someone to beat me when it comes to showing it off on the Photos thread.

On another note, Hyperdimension Neptunia has dispatched to my home address so I should have something to show tomorrow/Saturday.

My Darker Than Black Season 1 Premium set should be here tomorrow as well. Expecting A-locked but anything contrary would be a real bonus!

Argh!

Darker than Black turned up but we were out. Sitting at the Sorting Office until the morning now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back