Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even get the nice artwork of Goku and Vegeta on the discs the AUS version did ugh this CE is poor I'll just put my discs from this in my US box

Un-Limited Anime/Kaleid☆Works

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Season 1 [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7713.jpg

IMG_7712.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

I love the art on the reverse inlay. I'd highly recommend the show as I really enjoyed it but I think that it really looks fantastic on blu ray so I'd advise anyone who can play BDs to get that version.

Animatsu Artwork

Akame ga Kill: Collection 1 [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
81HDdWADdtL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Obviously not the correct specs. The final result should be exactly the same as the Sentai version, going by how the other sets have been (Comic Artists, Nadia, Samurai Jam: Bakumatsu Rock).

Zankyou no Anime Limited Artwork

Terror in Resonance: Complete Collection (Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack]
[spoilerbutton]
ANI0092-TIR-Ultimate-Packshot_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
As we’ve previously mentioned it will come with the series on both Blu-ray and DVD, two discs for each format, and there will be a 100 page hard back art book containing lots of content that was originally included in the Japanese releases of the series. When it comes to on-disc extras we can confirm it will include Episode Commentaries, In Depth Conversation with the Cast and the textless Opening and Closing title sequences.
Terror in Resonance: Complete Collection (Standard Edition) [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
ANI0093-TIR-Standard-DVD.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Looks great, I see they're sticking with the FMP style now for the ultimate editions and doing away with the oversized digipaks, damn shame, but I like the FMP set when it's in my hands so Im sure i'll love this one too!

britguy said:
Looks great, I see they're sticking with the FMP style now for the ultimate editions and doing away with the oversized digipaks, damn shame, but I like the FMP set when it's in my hands so Im sure i'll love this one too!

It's a case of oversized digipacks are a liability - I'm not opposed to spending on a regular Collector's Edition format (Rigid + Digi) in place of a keepcase in future but it makes sense to be safe for now. For TiR - it's a great show and we really went all out translating every booklet that came out in Japan for use here, with upsizing it to fit in a really nice 100 page coffee table style book. That said, to do that AND another Rigid inside with digipack would mean we'd be at a loss cost wise I am very sure sadly - so will store that idea for a future project!

AP

thedoctor2016 said:
So youre saving money

Saving money implies spending less overall to make the title more profitable for us, which is definitely not the case. What we're doing is spending the same money (actually more) to deliver something special :).

The storage for the discs in this case are held inside the Ultimate Box and out of sight from the outside, so it's less of an impact and like I explained before you have a significantly higher cost if you prepare a rigid case for the inside vs the actual difference it makes to the majority of people that would buy the release. Add those together and the risk of damage to a larger oversized digipack and this was the sensible path for now :).

AP

IncendiaryLemon said:
Did Hidamari Sketch have the same character designer as Madoka Magical? Genuinely curious. Also, this looks really cute so I'll be certain to get it.

[spoilerbutton]
9vxLVqp.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Ume Aoki, the character designer for Madoka Magica, is the original creator for Hidamari Sketch also.

anime_andrew said:
thedoctor2016 said:
So youre saving money

Saving money implies spending less overall to make the title more profitable for us, which is definitely not the case. What we're doing is spending the same money (actually more) to deliver something special :).

The storage for the discs in this case are held inside the Ultimate Box and out of sight from the outside, so it's less of an impact and like I explained before you have a significantly higher cost if you prepare a rigid case for the inside vs the actual difference it makes to the majority of people that would buy the release. Add those together and the risk of damage to a larger oversized digipack and this was the sensible path for now :).

AP
The production problems with GL means you dont want it to happen again and are avoiding "large digipacks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back