Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IncendiaryLemon said:
Did Hidamari Sketch have the same character designer as Madoka Magica? Genuinely curious. Also, this looks really cute so I'll be certain to get it.
When Madoka first got announced with Aoki as designer and Urobutcher as writer it was immediately dubbed Chidamari Sketch.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Thought so, they look super similar which great because Madoka's character designs are fantastic.
Clearly I've been spending too much time talking about Non Non Biyori and not enough talking about Hidamari Sketch or you'd probably have already known.

It's maybe kind of weird considering that I already have a copy on Blu-ray (and DVD) but I have to admit that I'm kind of excited about Hidamari Sketch coming out here. I really love the show, it's at least partly responsible for getting me into similar types of shows and I guess opening me up to more possibilities in anime in general. I kind of like the idea that it could do something similar for UK anime fans if the release is successful (though maybe that's optimistic).

I guess I mostly just love the actual show though, the art, the characters, the stories and pretty much everything. In some ways that does make it more difficult to talk about because I can't really imagine being objective in any discussion about the show and hearing that some people don't like it feels vaguely disappointing (it really shouldn't but I can't really help it). I'd imagine most people have shows that make them feel the same way (at least the really loving the show bit anyway).

On a slightly more relevant to the topic note, I somehow failed to realise that the art for the DVD and Blu-ray versions of Hidamari Sketch Season 1 are different. I think it's interesting when that happens because you often have people that prefer one version of the art or the other. I have to admit, I do like that the Blu-ray art fits well on the Blu-ray size box rather than being a cut down version of the DVD art.

12239696_1062639290447428_6706472818479225825_n.jpg

My Teen Romantic Comedy Animatsu

Brynhildr In The Darkness: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91rjaOW1qxL._SL1500_.jpg
91D4YVmyTJL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Golden Time: Collection 1 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91iy%2BM6ancL._SL1500_.jpg
91iHZCnKuhL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Haikyu!!: Season 1 Collection 1 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
9132w5Yj4-L._SL1500_.jpg
91XKXfmQROL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Humanity Has Declined: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91B1NDtt6TL._SL1500_.jpg
913Sd2fgR9L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU: Complete Collection (Season 1) [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
917DQd2r-LL._SL1500_.jpg
91nrAafaZGL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Manga Shippuden

Naruto Shippuden: Volume 23 [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91r1N-UAsgL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
One Piece: Collection 13 [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
81lDNCO-j2L._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

OH DEAR THE EXILED

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled: OVA Collection 1 (Parts 1 & 2) [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91aNY41hvyL._SL1500_.jpg
91T-yEyROOL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Persona 4 the Animation: Complete Collection [Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91tgVUpK0mL._SL1500_.jpg
81kB%2Bb2dnlL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Joshawott said:
Brynhildr in the Darkness looks like an incredibly upbeat show. Also for reference, how do you pronounce "Brynhildr"?

Brin-Hill-Dur? i'm sure it must be named after the norse maiden of the same name.

I wouldn't be tremendously surprised if it was an 18 given the BBFC's unpredictable history with young-looking characters and themes of corruption of innocence and suicide, though it would depend on which dartboard the censors are using to randomly determine their ratings that day. Odd that they finally switched to the minimalist covers this time for the UK.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Rui said:
I wouldn't be tremendously surprised if it was an 18 given the BBFC's unpredictable history with young-looking characters and themes of corruption of innocence and suicide, though it would depend on which dartboard the censors are using to randomly determine their ratings that day. Odd that they finally switched to the minimalist covers this time for the UK.

R

Not to mention *Eva 3.0 spoilers* Kaworu's head gets blown up in front of suicidal Shinji.

Last edited by a moderator:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Why didn't they keep the box in line with the other two boxes? Jesus.
The first two LE volumes already don't match because of that bloody blue bar on the 2.22 slipcase (and amaray insert, horribly, considering the regular edition doesn't have it). And the fact that one slipcase is matt and the other is glossy. And the Funimation and BD logos moving up and down the spines and 1.11's spine having a picture.

Zis vould never have happened under Anime Ltd.

Joshawott said:
I think the Evangelion 3.33 cover needs more blue.

Shame they aren't able to keep the same style as 1.11 and 2.22.

But that's the thing. They were going to

[spoilerbutton]
MANG3145_Evangelion_3.33_2D.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

That would have been fine and in keeping with the general style of the other two boxes.

I've always thought the 3.33 box looked weird, Funimation have had that all blue design up for years as their cover and I just don't understand it. If it was an artsy show I'd maybe expect an unusual cover but this just seems silly. As long as we are not moving toward a future where to prevent reverse imports all boxes must be a plain colour with no art work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back