Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stiivun said:
Chaika, 18 :roll: i've must have missed something when i watch that some time ago. And what does Complete Season Collection actually mean :roll:

Another way of saying Season 1 collection I guess.

Chaika is more of a 15 when I saw Season 1. Unless Chaika's shocking truth ended up scaring the BBFC staff.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Yeah, probably. I also think 12 for Future Diary is an underestimation. I haven't seen it but isn't it supposed to be really violent?

It's pretty gory, I should guess it would get a hard 15 or a soft 18.

Stiivun said:
Chaika, 18 :roll: i've must have missed something when i watch that some time ago. And what does Complete Season Collection actually mean :roll:
"First 12 Episodes" I guess. I think the second part does have a slightly different name. I suppose it is kind of annoying that you can't really rely on "complete" to mean "the whole thing" when it comes to anime (though I suppose I'm used to it).

I haven't watched the show myself but I seem to recall mention of something rather extreme occurring in the first episode, that might explain it. Also, with Chaika being a Loli (or Loli-ish, depending on your criteria) if she goes anywhere near a bath then someone at the BBFC's head is likely to explode. That doesn't explain Zvezda being just a 12, though I'm not sure if it has baths.

Yup, usually it's sex that tips stuff over into an 18 as opposed to violence. Ie. See the recent release of Elfen Lied, which is pretty much the most violent thing ever, but is still only a 15.

Lutga said:
Yup, usually it's sex that tips stuff over into an 18 as opposed to violence. Ie. See the recent release of Elfen Lied, which is pretty much the most violent thing ever, but is still only a 15.

Um, have you even seen Violence Jack, Midori Shoujo Tsubaki, Perfect Blue, Mad Bull 34, Gencoyber and Kite? Elfen Leid is TAME comapared to those series.

Well, in terms of what's actually currently available in the UK market. And you could argue that Violence Jack and Perfect Blue cross over into sexual violence, hence the higher ratings.

I do wonder actually, if Violence Jack ever got re-issued in the UK, if it'd have to be cut to get through.

I've only seen Perfect Blue out of those and I never thought it a massively violent movie. The worst bit I remember in terms of Violence was when the main character almost got raped as part of that movie she was filming.

Last edited by a moderator:
IncendiaryLemon said:
I've only seen Perfect Blue out of those and I never thought it a massively violent movie. The worst bit I remember in terms of Violence was when the main character almost got raped as part of that movie she was filming.

Perfect Blue Spoiler:
She actually wasn't nearly raped and was in no danger, it was all acting but is framed as such with the masterful directing to that point that it comes across as genuine.
To be honest I'm surprised at how frank you describe Perfect Blue, as if that scene isn't anything of note! I almost had tears in me eyes during that scene, I was tempted to turn off the film for a second but didn't, one of my favorite films of all time and that scene is just incredible with the emotions it brings out. The film was also super violent and bloody and contains full frontal nudity including pubic hair and is elevated by the fact that unlike most anime, the characters are real, tangible and believable. Violence in most anime series just comes across as laughable to me, always excessive and unbelievable :p

there's actually a cut and uncut version of Perfect Blue, thankfully the Anime Limited BD is uncut. You can see the changes here (Link contains heavy Perfect Blue spoilers and NSFW images from the film)

qaiz said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Perfect Blue Spoiler:
She actually wasn't nearly raped and was in no danger, it was all acting but is framed as such with the masterful directing to that point that it comes across as genuine.
In fact, the actor perpetrating the "rape" apologised during the scene.

qaiz said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Perfect Blue Spoiler:

Hence me saying as part of a film.

qaiz said:
To be honest I'm surprised at how frank you describe Perfect Blue, as if that scene isn't anything of note! I almost had tears in me eyes during that scene, I was tempted to turn off the film for a second but didn't, one of my favorite films of all time and that scene is just incredible with the emotions it brings out.

Stuff like that doesn't really get to me in a movie. Maybe it's because I've desensitised myself but movies very rarely get me to look away or flinch or anything.

More have popped up.

Animangakaze_2_Blade_and_Soul_BD.jpg
Animangakaze_2_Bleach_Series_15_DVD.jpg
Animangakaze_2_Dragon_Ball_Z_Resurrection_F_BD.jpg
Animangakaze_2_The_Last_Naruto_BD.jpg

Animangakaze_2_Yu_Gi_Oh_Season_4_DVD.jpg

That BBFC Logo on Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F is perfectly placed; it looks like the character on the front cover is holding it xD

Emo185 said:
That BBFC Logo on Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F is perfectly placed; it looks like the character on the front cover is holding it xD
BBFC balls! But are they the BBFC make sure you never see balls or the BBFC are a load of old balls?

Interesting packaging for the BD for Love Chunibyo and other delusions (compare it to the comic artist pics)... It almost looks like they could be going the chipboard route...? I think their Knights of Sidonia is confirmed chipboard so may look nice next to Nadia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back