Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem was, out of the two other covers that were able to voted for, one was just Feyris, who is hardly a prominent character and the other was Feyris, Mayuri and Kurisu all wearing maid outfits which hardly represented the show well at all. Out of the three, this one was clear winner. I think I said it around the time of the contest being announced, but I would have preferred if the other two options were the Japanese volume 2 cover (Suzuha) or the Japanese volume 3 cover (Mayuri).

And while looking those up...oops, MangaUK's volume 1 is already on Amazon.co.jp.

Joshawott said:
The problem was, out of the two other covers that were able to voted for, one was just Feyris, who is hardly a prominent character and the other was Feyris, Mayuri and Kurisu all wearing maid outfits which hardly represented the show well at all. Out of the three, this one was clear winner. I think I said it around the time of the contest being announced, but I would have preferred if the other two options were the Japanese volume 2 cover (Suzuha) or the Japanese volume 3 cover (Mayuri).

And while looking those up...oops, MangaUK's volume 1 is already on Amazon.co.jp.

As I recall I think I agreed with you back when this 1st came up. Of the 3 the full cast was the only appropriate one, but they should really of worked harder to get the Mayuri cover.

That cover is the one I like best so I'm happy it won. I agree it represents the show better. Also, since I'm buying the parts and loved this cover I'm glad to have the chance to own it. :D

Joshawott said:
one was just Feyris, who is hardly a prominent character and the other was Feyris, Mayuri and Kurisu all wearing maid outfits which hardly represented the show well at all.

But Feyris is cute. That's all that matters.

Anyway, seriously speaking, I don't see how the cover that they actually picked is representing the show either. Personally, I didn't like any of the covers because of the horrible white background. I'd still take it over Huke's art any day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rui said:
The best thing to come out of all of this is that Okarin's crotch is now rated 12.
The worst thing to come out of this is that the obligatory bluray logo waste of plastic at the top means cropping out Suzuha's butt.

Has this not been posted yet?

611HMHdoniL.jpg

Shiroi Hane said:
Rui said:
The best thing to come out of all of this is that Okarin's crotch is now rated 12.
The worst thing to come out of this is that the obligatory bluray logo waste of plastic at the top means cropping out Suzuha's butt.

Rather interestingly I've noticed when Funimation do BD boxes in a DvD card sized sleeve the BD box has the full artwork and the sleeve has the sides of the art cropped due to the need to increase the height of the image. I Guess Manga work the other way round, or just cba to do each cover separately so it all fits.

Shiroi Hane said:
Glancing through my shelves, Beez and ADV rarely included the BBFC logo on the spine (the only exception I can from the front row is GSC:Bulletproof). It is pretty standard otherwise.
Maybe it is just a standard practice so they don't forget when it comes to wider boxes, or maybe something the retailers request so the rating it easier to see on shelves.

I wonder if it's something that shops insist on because though initially they are often sold face on later on they tend to be shelved with the spines outwards & it helps consumers so they believe easily see the rating?

On animeblurayuk, there's a post regarding the Steins Gate cover that won. There they say 'If authorised by the Japanese Licensor'. So that would mean there is still the chance that it may not get used.

Anyone else got any more info in regards to this?

Amazon UK still haven't displayed the Guilty Crown DVD cover, so here's what it looks like:

11500additional_images.jpg

Meanwhile, the One Piece Collection 3 has removed the Artwork TBC:

11244additional_images.jpg

Shiroi Hane said:
They've been provided with artwork they are cleared to use, but they still need to get the final design approved.

Ah, I see.

I thought the three designs had been approved already and was up to us to decide which.

NormanicGrav said:
BD cover for The Last Party is unveiled, leaving Guilty Crown DVD left to show up. Another 'Double Play' banner.

91bygg_IInn_L_SL1500.jpg
That's just embarrassing. It's like they found the first font in Photoshop and used it.

Who doesn't? :lol: Comic Sans instantly reminds me of DBZ fansites on Geocities from the early 00's with frames and naff MIDI files playing in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back