Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent-347 said:
Via Zavvi: the artwork for the (presumed) slipcover for FMA Brotherhood:
10766055-1368031477-226386.jpg

I think it is safe to assume that the two red fields ("complete your box" & "contains collection one") are stickers...
I'm assuming that the blu-raybar is part of the artwork as it's nothing uncommon for slipcovers, so it'll look good next to Madoka Magica on my shelf.. ^^
Yet I do find it odd that the MangaUK logo isn't near the top on the spine like most MangaUK titles.. Even though I prefer consistency it isn't that much of a deal to me though. (Especially when I look at the MVM titles I own... :p)

Hey guys, to confirm: yes this image above is of the slip cover/art box that will house both Collection 1 & 2. The actual images for Collection 1 & 2 respectively will be revealed soon.
The red circle and red rectangle on the image above are indeed both stickers that will be on the cellophane.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Hey guys, to confirm: yes this image above is of the slip cover/art box that will house both Collection 1 & 2. The actual images for Collection 1 & 2 respectively will be revealed soon.
The red circle and red rectangle on the image above are indeed both stickers that will be on the cellophane.

Hope that helps.

We approve of stickers :D

Jeremy_Graves said:

Hope that helps.

WOHOO!!

Joshawott said:
Liking the FMA news. I already have the DVDs, but will double dip.

Same here, I almost bought the BD singles back when Vol 1 came out but someone I worked with pointed out I didn't have the right TV so I ended up going for DvD. Now I have the right TV I also have a nice box set in my sights :D

Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 has had its picture changed on the Manga site and on Amazon. If it's as now shown the nice looking artbox/sleeve seems to have gone. Manga link

Play still show the original Link

Hopefully it's just a shot of one of the disks out of the box so to speak but a shame if it has been dropped for what is a much anticipated high profile release.

Random said:
Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 has had its picture changed on the Manga site and on Amazon. If it's as now shown the nice looking artbox/sleeve seems to have gone.

Hopefully it's just a shot of one of the disks out of the box so to speak but a shame if it has been dropped for what is a much anticipated high profile release.
Perhaps a box will come with Vol. I-IV that will also hold the Vol V-VIII case, in the same way Jeremy describes the FMA:B collection packaging above. I'd be okay with this. Perhaps he can confirm how it's going to be packaged?

Manga did post a picture of an actual case with the revised design on twitter (can't access here. image hosting sites are blocked)

Jeremy_Graves said:

Yaaaay!

I second the box, I thought that was gorgeous. In fact, I asked them on Facebook earlier if they could one for the complete release.

Do we have any idea what the Perfect Blue cover will look like? I'm hoping for the puzzle design, I thought that was the most visually striking of the posters. The UK one is kinda of a classic, simply because it's so iconic to me as one of the original big anime releases on VHS, but it's not one of the best in terms of representing the film.

I'm glad it's getting a release this year, big year for Kon fans: 15 year anniversary of Perfect Blue (going by it's Japanese Theatrical release), 10 years of Tokyo Godfathers and it would've been Kon's 50th this year. I'm planning on a full works marathon if I can help it.

That just reminded me to cancel my order for the complete set. I would be the one to order it the day before we get information it's not happening :lol:

Ario said:
I know that Manga usually take Funi's covers and just add crap to them but is there seriously nothing else to go with?
This cover is god awful.

Ario said:
Horizon's spine looks ugly and bare since they removed the character image from Sentai's design. With the whole character on the spine becoming more and more of common thing I can't help but look at things without them on my shelf - Like HOTD. It just looks ugly...

Ario said:
I swear no decent covers for this show exist. The one for Box 1 was ok, the one for Box 2 was awful, and this one isn't so great either.
I hope this isn't the final design though since it doesn't match the first two boxes.

The Horizon, Hellsing Ultimate and Stains Gate cover a pretty decent. The Hellsing cover is the same artwork used on my US DVD steelbook for episode one.

Not having characters and graphics down the spline don't bother me, although the artwork on Sentai's Horizon cover's sline is decent. I think I actually prefer just having the title on the spline in most case's. Pretty much all my Blu-ray movies are like that. I wish the Avengers steelbook I have just had text down the spline rather than those god awful little images of the characters.

Steins Gate, Deadman Wonderland & more Tiger and Bunny on all Blu-ray....... exciting times.

With regards to the covers I actually like the Deadman Wonderland one and don't think that much to the Steins Gate one. However although its nice to have a good cover, once it's on my shelf I'm mainly gonna see the spine anyway, so not too fused as long as its not horrible. Although that Persona4 text is a bit bland on that spine.

I might pick up Kiki's Delivery Service too. Still not sure about Hellsing, big fan of the original series, so haven't bothered as yet. Good covers on those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back