Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manga UK confirmed Hellsing Ultimate Vol 5-8 artwork.

765242480.jpg

I wasnt expecting a box or anything but its a bit of a let down since funimation gave it a boxset

And that is why i always buy the us version of whatever manga pick up because of the art boxes funi have. It can't even compare to how good the US release is. And I bet you the Uk version has some problem with the discs. Always seems to be with Mangas stuff.

I would definitely go with the US release if the LE was still available...but oh well, the Regular Edition still has better packaging than the UK release, not to mention that in the US release, you get both DVD+BD for 1 price and in the UK they are sold separately.

Why doesn't Manga ever do a good packaging like the Funimation LE ? I would definitely pay that extra 2-3 GBP for it...

devilrules666 said:
And I bet you the Uk version has some problem with the discs.

What problems?

I pretty sure this will be the same as the US discs. I pretty sure Manga are getting this via Madman and I think they get it via Funimation. Also due to the fact that Manga's cover has Funimation on the front.

I too would like an LE but as I don't have a Blu-ray player that can play A and B I can't get it. I don't think the cover is that bad and I don't care that they aren't doing a combo. I buy the Blu-ray for the Blu-ray, don't need or want the DVD version. I just hope they don't mess the disc specs up like they have done one Summer Wars, TGHLTT and GITS: SSS to name a few.

Tind said:
Why doesn't Manga ever do a good packaging like the Funimation LE ? I would definitely pay that extra 2-3 GBP for it...
reborn said:
Because Manga would probably need to do it more than £2-3 extra..../quote]
Because this^
You'd probably see people getting pissy like they did with Tiger & Bunny too if they did this.
Personally I'd be willing to buy artboxes separately if they made them available to buy on shopmanga as a print on demand service, but I don't know whether that would be a good idea cost wise.
Maybe something which is worth asking them?

Bakemonogatari - Part 1
mvd2322-01.jpg

The odd placement of that disc count. >_>

Fairy Tail - Complete series 1
mang3141.jpg

Last Exile
mang5315-01.jpg

So no triangle of doom but a grey circle...

Un-go
kbr2682-01.jpg

reborn said:
Bakemonogatari - Part 1
mvd2322-01.jpg
Why the HELL are they releasing it DVD only first? Release the DVD and BD at the same time or people are going to think it's DVD only = no BD sales.
This seems to be a really stupid move on their part.

reborn said:
Fairy Tail
Posted on page 76

Last Exile
Un-go
Both posted on page 77

Mangaranga said:
Why the HELL are they releasing it DVD only first? Release the DVD and BD at the same time or people are going to think it's DVD only = no BD sales.

https://twitter.com/MVM_UK/status/326646609670713344

I thought it would have been wiser to push back the Bakemonogatari DVD then, so they can be released together? Sales from the DVD release will no doubt cannibalise the blu-ray sales due to some people not being able to wait. Come on, it's an anime title, with a long Japanese name, being released in a sub-only format on blu-ray - it needs every bit of help it can get.

Also MangaUK, why are you using a group packshot for Fairy Tail with Wendy in it? She's introduced in the episode AFTER the last one on that set. I mentioned it last time it was posted, but seriously.

Ario said:
Fairy Tail
Posted on page 76

Last Exile
Un-go
Both posted on page 77
Couldn't recall seeing them posted before, searched last few pages just in case. Clearly not enough pages.

Really, I think the question with Bakemono might be "why release it on DVD at all". Unless it's costing them very little, it's hardly a title with much casual appeal.

Mangaranga said:
reborn said:
Bakemonogatari - Part 1
mvd2322-01.jpg

Just be glad it's getting a UK release at all. Remember we are not a big anime BD market as it is

ilmaestro said:
Really, I think the question with Bakemono might be "why release it on DVD at all". Unless it's costing them very little, it's hardly a title with much casual appeal.

MvM still don't trust the Blu-Ray format I'd say. People were speculating a while back that fewer UK households have BD players aswell, considering you can get one for £50 now and most people have moved to HD capable TV's I'm not so certain of that.

Not sure if people saw but the Black Rock Shooter artwork is different to what's being used online

Looks like the same Art Italy used. Still better than the mishmash cover they got in Australia

-edit- damn forums are eating my [ round the quotes :(

Joshawott said:
Also MangaUK, why are you using a group packshot for Fairy Tail with Wendy in it? She's introduced in the episode AFTER the last one on that set. I mentioned it last time it was posted, but seriously.

HQ are aware of that fact and have said it's a placeholder image, not the final artwork.

ilmaestro said:
Because DVDs still sell better than BDs?

With Bakemonogatari...as I said earlier, I really don't think releasing the blu-ray after the DVD is a good idea. It's a show in a niche market anyway, subtitle only, on blu-ray with a confusing, long Japanese title that the casual market will be utterly confused by. I never really expected the show to perform well on blu-ray here, but releasing it 2 months after the DVD will be disastrous for it.

Jeremy_Graves said:
Joshawott said:

HQ are aware of that fact and have said it's a placeholder image, not the final artwork.
Cool. Good to know it's just a placeholder, especially when there are equally cool group shots of just Natsu, Lucy, Gray and Erza (although obviously I don't know exactly which materials are available to MangaUK).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back