Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
reborn said:
Because Manga would probably need to do it more than £2-3 extra..../quote]

Preciously and then no doubt people would start complaining about the cost of anime releases in the UK, dammed if they do dammed if they don't.

So Bakemonogatari is going to be released in 3 parts? Darn...the BD will probably cost 25 GBP/volume, so the total price will be around 75 GBP, that is 28 GBP cheaper than the Aniplex USA release...I wonder if it worth to wait more for a release with less physical extras and much cheaper packaging...

But correct me if I'm wrong and it will be released in 2 sets :)

Tind said:
So Bakemonogatari is going to be released in 3 parts? Darn...the BD will probably cost 25 GBP/volume, so the total price will be around 75 GBP, that is 28 GBP cheaper than the Aniplex USA release...I wonder if it worth to wait more for a release with less physical extras and much cheaper packaging...

But correct me if I'm wrong and it will be released in 2 sets :)

Not sure where you got the 3 number from tbh, can't see it in this thread. Though I suppose we have all made the assumption that 2 DvD sets = 2 BD sets.

Mind you http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... ay-release states Hanabee are doing it in 2 sets, therefore it's fair to assume MvM will do aswell.

Price wise the RRP of the DvD is £25 so I reckon £30-35 for the BD sets? normal online deductions to then apply ofc, probably clocking in at ~£40 for the whole series.

Via Zavvi: the artwork for the (presumed) slipcover for FMA Brotherhood:
10766055-1368031477-226386.jpg

I think it is safe to assume that the two red fields ("complete your box" & "contains collection one") are stickers...
I'm assuming that the blu-raybar is part of the artwork as it's nothing uncommon for slipcovers, so it'll look good next to Madoka Magica on my shelf.. ^^
Yet I do find it odd that the MangaUK logo isn't near the top on the spine like most MangaUK titles.. Even though I prefer consistency it isn't that much of a deal to me though. (Especially when I look at the MVM titles I own... :p)

Agent-347 said:
Via Zavvi: the artwork for the (presumed) slipcover for FMA Brotherhood:
10766055-1368031477-226386.jpg

I think it is safe to assume that the two red fields ("complete your box" & "contains collection one") are stickers...
I'm assuming that the blu-raybar is part of the artwork as it's nothing uncommon for slipcovers, so it'll look good next to Madoka Magica on my shelf.. ^^
Yet I do find it odd that the MangaUK logo isn't near the top on the spine like most MangaUK titles.. Even though I prefer consistency it isn't that much of a deal to me though. (Especially when I look at the MVM titles I own... :p)
So, assuming that the Complete your box set circle and Contains collection 1 bar are stickers (WHICH IT WILL BE, READ ME, IT WILL BE) it looks pretty nice, other than the usual clusterf*** of logos and that blue banner. Maybe I'm just spoilt since none of the US artboxes have crap all on the front/sides of them. I've been meaning to ask this though since neither beez nor adv used to do it, but do you NEED to put the BBFC logo on the spine? The Manga logo takes up enough space on it's own.

I'm hoping there's art on the other side of the box though and not just information about the series though. Maybe a detachable info card like Funi uses?

I know, I'm hard to please.

Mangaranga said:
So, assuming that the Complete your box set circle and Contains collection 1 bar are stickers (WHICH IT WILL BE, READ ME, IT WILL BE) it looks pretty nice, other than the usual clusterf*** of logos and that blue banner. Maybe I'm just spoilt since none of the US artboxes have crap all on the front/sides of them. I've been meaning to ask this though since neither beez nor adv used to do it, but do you NEED to put the BBFC logo on the spine? The Manga logo takes up enough space on it's own.
Yup, the logo should be on the spine, unless the spine is less than 2cm big supposedly. Having said that, your bog standard Amaray case is less than 2cm (yes, I got a ruler out and checked ;) ) so I guess it's more out of convention that they have logos on em. A lot of my steelbooks and most of my BBC DVDs don't have them. Interesting point about Beez releases, I've only got a few of their releases but none of them have BBFC logos on the spine...but they're all in either digipaks or jumbo amarays which are over 2cm wide. I guess that technically means they were in breach of the Video Recordings Act. :p

One regulation that I wish would be relaxed would be the requirement of having the logo and registration number on the disc itself. Only because in theory that would mean discs could be shared with some other region more easily and only packaging would need to be printed specifically for the the UK. I did like MVM's solution for Broken Blade though, where the discs had both Aussie and BBFC ratings on em so they discs could be shared in that way.

Ath said:
Mangaranga said:
One regulation that I wish would be relaxed would be the requirement of having the logo and registration number on the disc itself. Only because in theory that would mean discs could be shared with some other region more easily and only packaging would need to be printed specifically for the the UK. I did like MVM's solution for Broken Blade though, where the discs had both Aussie and BBFC ratings on em so they discs could be shared in that way.
Or at least allow stickers to be used, instead of them actually having to be burned onto the disk.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Have we had the updated HotD: Drifters of the Dead cover art yet? Don't know how long it's been changed as I don't keep up-to-date with Manga on Twitter and if it's been posted here I must've missed it. I digress. WHERE MAH SAEKO BEWBIES
I'd almost be disappointed if I hadn't gotten to the stage in my life where I constantly expect disappointment. Manga you goddamn pussies.

animefreak17 said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Have we had the updated HotD: Drifters of the Dead cover art yet? Don't know how long it's been changed as I don't keep up-to-date with Manga on Twitter and if it's been posted here I must've missed it. I digress. WHERE MAH SAEKO BEWBIES
i like this one im not much of a saeko fan,............ look at it this way........... it might be a double cover
I'll be able to say if it is tomorrow as my copy is on its way.

I'm not complaining. Will still be looking at picking up a copy at Comic Con in a couple of weeks (if MangaUK have it there a few days early).

I actually prefer this cover, due to it being less risqué. Also, it looks a lot less chaotic than the cover of the previous release, with a nice, stylistic cover.

animefreak17 said:
i like this one im not much of a saeko fan,............ look at it this way........... it might be a double cover
We can only hope. Also, how can you not like a character who derives sexual gratification from killing? I would've thought she'd be every man's dream woman.

demonix: Already? It's not due out for another two weeks. United Publications?

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
animefreak17 said:
We can only hope. Also, how can you not like a character who derives sexual gratification from killing? I would've thought she'd be every man's dream woman.

yeah thing is............ shes a crazy and she enjoys it, dont tell me you'd go out with a crazy that loves to kill, if she gets bored of killing zombies............. then id suggest to turn around and run as fast as your legs can carry you.

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Yes (I think this is the first time that something that is due for release around expo time has come early.

And I'll have to disappoint everyone and say that there isn't a reversible cover, but I suspect that the Saeko complete collection cover art was from before the rating for the OVA was known as it has the series 15 rating and not the 18 rating it should have with the inclusion of the OVA

demonix said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Yes (I think this is the first time that something that is due for release around expo time has come early.

And I'll have to disappoint everyone and say that there isn't a reversible cover, but I suspect that the Saeko complete collection cover art was from before the rating for the OVA was known as it has the series 15 rating and not the 18 rating it should have with the inclusion of the OVA

thats weird because UP1 asked me to double check to ask if i wanted the blue-ray version and i said .........................F*** yeah, not exactly what i said but im so excited because of 4 things -

1 the OVA is getting released
2 im getting my favourite series on blu-ray
3 if there asking which format i want that, means there sending it to me early
4 im going to get to re watch this bad ass motherfo series again on blu-ray including the OVA

OH YEAH BABY.

wishing for season 2 wishing for season 2 wishing for season 2 wishing for season 2 wishing for season 2 wishing for season 2, and more to come

how could no one like this series

1 it has babes and fan service
2 it has zombies
3 guns
4 its a survival anime
5 blood
6 characters doing bad ass stuff

i just love this series

animefreak17 said:
how could no one like this series
From what I remember it has a naff dub, and the dub script itself is awful.
That and I can't watch with the subtitles on the BD as they are yellow and bigger than Sentai's, so I have to watch the BDrips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back