Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4pau.png

Hmm, I feel Kon's name on the DVD is a tad misleading, he was the art director, sure, but with your name on the front you'd think he either directed, wrote or produced it.

Still anything getting his name out there more is A-ok in my book.

ilmaestro said:
Mmm, beautiful, isn't it? Looks like you could encircle her waist with your hands and touch your fingertips together, delicious...

When you write posts like this I can't decide if you are funnier or creepier, so from now on I'll mentally substitute your avatar with this one:

Roshi_nose_bleeding.jpg

Teo

The old KG covers, which were distributed by MVM for FUNi, had the FUNi logo front and back and no MVM logo at all. They had the Gonzo logo on the back only.
It was unusual in that most Gonzo titles were licensed directly to the UK by Gonzo, including other titles that FUNimation licensed in the US like Burst Angel and Samurai 7.

Paradox295 said:
Noooo. The text is the wrong way round :(
I didn't notice that until now. Yeah, would look odd when lined up with other DVD/BDs.

I watched the trailer for Mardock Scramble: The First Compression on the The World God Only Knows BD. This'll definitely be one I'll be picking up.

I was all but ready to say how good that cover art looked...

Paradox295 said:
Then the French just had to go and ruin it with their Frenchness. While some languages read right to left, no language in the world reads bottom to top; ergo this way of aligning spines is categorically wrong.

It's a nice cover partly ruined by the amount of text and logos that have been projectile vomited all over it. And Kaze seem to be competing with Optimum/Studio Canal to see who can squeeze film titles into the smallest possible space on the spines.

ayase said:
I was all but ready to say how good that cover art looked...

Paradox295 said:
Then the French just had to go and ruin it with their Frenchness. While some languages read right to left, no language in the world reads bottom to top; ergo this way of aligning spines is categorically wrong.

Actually I think italy and or spain might be the same. It is kinda jarring though, I thought MVM having their BBFC logos at the top was bad... =P

Well, they'll have to reprint the covers in order to put the BBFC logo on top, so hopefully if someone points it out to Kazé or Manga, it gets changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back