Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the K-On! cover. Just a few more days until more Azu-nyan~~~

I really don't like the Samurai Girls cover. Tacky looking title fonts and that "striptease fighting" tagline is just awful. Kaze should have just stuck with the classier (er, relatively speaking) Sentai cover. Also, it appears that someone at Kaze waved a magic wand and made the loli character mysteriously disappear =D

As far as I know the first film covers the entire period the anime series covered. I have seen both the anime and the first film so that's all i know. I really enjoyed the first film so i would get it in. Can't wait for the second one :D

Yeah strptease fighting doesn't do much to help anime's image... :p It's like when videogame's most touted reviews are from FHM, Loaded and Zoo. It makes me cry a little inside.

Nice to see MangaUK finally realised that K-ON! is a PG xD. All the dummy images on websites have the first 3 volumes as 12s.

I have to say that I prefer the U.S. cover for Samurai Girls as well. Also, the "KAZE" logo needs to have the red box smaller; or at least have the company's logo centred more. Not sure if I like the "Experts in Striptease Fighting!" tagline...the sort of thing that would make me shy away from buying it in-store.

Joshawott said:
Nice to see MangaUK finally realised that K-ON! is a PG xD. All the dummy images on websites have the first 3 volumes as 12s.

I have to say that I prefer the U.S. cover for Samurai Girls as well. Also, the "KAZE" logo needs to have the red box smaller; or at least have the company's logo centred more. Not sure if I like the "Experts in Striptease Fighting!" tagline...the sort of thing that would make me shy away from buying it in-store.

It's the sort of thing that would put me off owning it full stop :p Unless the cover is reversible with something like "great stages in mesozoic history" on the reverse

It's a shame, I've only watched the opening of the first episode of Samurai Girls, but with the styling, I can think of so many other things they could have done with the design.

81alid2ikmlaa1500.jpg

Ario said:

THe..."Power of ideals" or the "courage of truth" ... I don't... those aren't good sentence maked. I mean really now, "courage of truth" the "Power of ideals"? That's just nonsense, it's like saying the "evil of badness" or something, plus aren't those both good things? Why would choosing between them be hard? Ash's life seems to have got a lot easier since I stopped watching...

Wait, since when did Universal have the rights to release the Victini pair on DVD?

*looks it up*
Due out on 9th April. Cool.

Shame it's the worst Pokémon movie.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Ario said:

THe..."Power of ideals" or the "courage of truth" ... I don't... those aren't good sentence maked. I mean really now, "courage of truth" the "Power of ideals"? That's just nonsense, it's like saying the "evil of badness" or something, plus aren't those both good things? Why would choosing between them be hard? Ash's life seems to have got a lot easier since I stopped watching...
To explain:
In the story of Black and White, Reshiram is the "Dragon of Truth" while Zekrom is the "Dragon of Ideals".

The legend in the games is that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one single dragon. Two brothers founded the Unova region, but eventually the difference in their ideologies got the better of them - one wanted to seek the truth, while the other wanted to seek the ideal. This caused the original dragon to split into Reshiram and Zekrom. In Pokémon Black and White Versions, N seeks:
The truths of Pokémon inside Poké Balls. The ideals of how Trainers should be. And a future where Pokémon have become perfect

The movie tells a similar version to that story (just minus the dragon splitting up; in the movie they were separate to begin with) and without N - instead we have Damon, who wants to use Victini's power to return life to his people's homeland. In the Zekrom movie, Zekrom chooses Ash because of the power of his ideal - the promise he made to Victini to allow it to leave the castle (where a barrier prevents it from leaving) and to take it to the beach. I haven't seen the Reshiram movie yet, so I can't be sure as to why Reshiram chooses Ash, but I imagine it could do with the catastrophic truth about the consequences of Damon's plan.

Truth and Ideal are two completely different things - to choose truth would be to just find out what something is like. To choose ideal would be to change that truth into well, your ideal.

Fairy Tail boxart is just the American one with Manga's logo stuck on.

However, with the American release, the brown picture-frame-esque edge is actually a slipcover. So will the UK release have the slipcover? (Not like it'd influence my decision to buy it; I own the US version).

Eww, the Fairy Tail DVD is just a basic amaray using the design of the slipcover the US release has. I have to say that I like that Bleach DVD. Shame Rukia looks stupidly thin.

Also, I thought Mardock Scramble was a KAZE release? So...no logo?

Joshawott said:
Also, I thought Mardock Scramble was a KAZE release? So...no logo?
Seems a bit odd. Nice cover though. Prefer that to both Sentai covers.

I'd almost forgotten about Phantom part 2. I bought the Funi LE of part 1 but didn't like the show all that much, so I'll be getting that to fill my artbox.

Man, there's a ridiculous amount of stuff I want coming out late Feb through March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back