Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm. Extra glad I chose to import the BDs of FMA:B now, even if V.5 is in violation of "thou shalt not depict spoilers on cover art".

The Birdy covers look nice, but I'm waiting to see if the spines line up. Yes, I'm *that* pedantic and paranoid. The new abbreviated "generic military stencil font" High School of the Dead title looks crap.

HsOTD cover is too busy imo, and the plastered on "complete series" thing looks poor. Xam'd cover is also pretty busy, but works better.

Hadn't noticed that about the Sacred Blacksmith cover, Fabby, but now that you mention it I can't unsee it!

Okay, so that stops it being new (in a sense, it's still new to the cover art). It doesn't stop it looking crap.

81cehy7coilaa1500.jpg

That cover almost makes me want to resume collecting Bleach. Almost.

And the K-On art retains the terrifying floating head effect on Yui ;_;

Never noticed the effect on the chap on the Sacred Blacksmith cover really, possibly because I was too busy enjoying Cecily. If anything I think it looks a bit stranger now with him levitating on Manga's logo.

R

Rui said:
That cover almost makes me want to resume collecting Bleach. Almost.
Originally that cover was on a volume with nothing but filler. >.> And because of it, this release is over half filler, with such episodes as "The Beautiful Patissier, Yumichika!". :s
The other four I'm guessing Manga'd have to choose from for 7 part 2:
bldvd38.jpg
bldvd39.jpg
bldvd40.jpg
bldvd41.jpg

My favourite would probably be Ulquiorra and Orihime, it sets up the story for later on but seeing as we haven't had an Ichigo lately, and Manga like using the cover of the third Japanese volume, we'll probably get that one. Luppi on a part 2 wouldn't make much sense because all of her episodes are shuffled into part 1.

Though given they've started altering disc counts, and repacking the earlier series in thick cases instead of thinpacks, I hope Manga still keep the thinpacks going, there's quite a bit of nice coverart to come...

I would actually maybe buy something with that shot of Ulquiorra and Orihime on (best pairing in Bleach by a country mile).

Ario said:
I don't know whether I prefer this one of the American one. I mean, I'd love it, if not for the fact that this is a piece of promotional artwork that I've seen many times before. Although it really goes give off more of a "end of the series" vibe than FUNi's. Why have our covers been different than the R1s since volume 2 anyway? (America's volume 4 cover was infinately times more better). Still, congrats on cutting off the top half of Father's face Manga.

Rob F1UK said:
Paradox295 said:
>Episodes 53-61

...what?!

Looking at it more closely. I think it is a 4, not a 1, just the point is hidden at that cover angle.
I enlarged the image, and it's clearly a 1.

mangaman74 said:
The cover is wrong anyway. The set is 12 episodes (53 - 64) yet the top corner says 13 episodes :roll: .
Indeed. Maths fail much?

I do think there are some better (and some more obvious) pieces that they could have used, but it is at the end of the day the actual movie poster. To outright not like it feels a little harsh.

I think it would have been too much to ask them to use one of the many excellent Yuki portraits and risk having people not see Haruhi on the cover, but I would have been super impressed if they'd managed to get one of the Ito-Noizi illustrations that are on the various Japanese releases of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back