Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
britguy said:
Lack of digipack with this release is disappointing. Comments on Facebook show many are aggrieved by this.

ALs comments re:revisiting packaging designs soon is a bit worrying as this release could stand out as the one non digipack release going forward if fans point out they prefer digipacks.

In context here, many being three people so far - hardly a massive outcry! But definitely worth paying attention to and we do plan a proper packaging survey at the end of year so watch this space :).

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:
Lack of digipack with this release is disappointing. Comments on Facebook show many are aggrieved by this.

ALs comments re:revisiting packaging designs soon is a bit worrying as this release could stand out as the one non digipack release going forward if fans point out they prefer digipacks.

In context here, many being three people so far - hardly a massive outcry! But definitely worth paying attention to and we do plan a proper packaging survey at the end of year so watch this space :).

Andrew

Well andrew, The same can be said about any negativity about digipacks ;) looking at fb the only real complaints have been about the ttgl set. Hardly a massive outcry.

(All said firmly tongue in cheek :) )

britguy said:
anime_andrew said:
britguy said:

Andrew

Well andrew, The same can be said about any negativity about digipacks ;) looking at fb the only real complaints have been about the ttgl set. Hardly a massive outcry.

(All said firmly tongue in cheek :) )

It's very true - you could argue the conclusion is there's a limited number of people who care either way, the rest care that it comes in a box that's not broken! Hence the interest in doing a packaging survey :).

AP

Will be interesting to see what thoughts you have and what questions are in the survey for us.

I do have to say, the Kill la Kill set is my favourite so far. The box is stern and the design is really clean. So excited to have Space Dandy though.

Dannielle said:
Elaniel said:
Space Dandy looks great.

The Cat's Eye boxset really mocks me as I so want that badly for the UK!!!

And what do I see there?! Lodoss? LODOSS?!!? I know it's a French release, but please tell me there's a REASON it's there Andrew!

I saw that Lodoss box when they posted the pics on facebook earlier and you instantly popped into my head haha. Was hoping you'd see it XD

Space Dandy looking bootiful. Pumped for Monday when I get in from work.

Have I become that synonymous guy? :)
I'm taking Andrew not responding as confirmation of Anime Limited having the license. (Deluded as I may seem)

britguy said:

I am very much in the digipack haters camp. I am very pleased that Space Dandy isn't getting one :D .

NormanicGrav said:
Anime Limited presents Space Dandy Season 1 Collector's Edition final cover in physical form:
SD_1.jpg
SD_3.jpg

SD_4.jpg
SD_5.jpg

The issue I have is that the clear amaray and the relatively bare cover (sketches on a blue/pink background) seem quite threadbare relative to the standard edition. Also not sure how I feel about the rigid case functioning as a slipcover rather than what was used for other releases like klk or Durarara

Well tbf, the rigid case is more or less the same as those used before, just the slot you slide in and out of has been moved from the side to the top. Not really much of a change...

Also, I guess the amaray artwork is very much down to the individual because I rather like what is on display here.

britguy said:
Well tbf, the rigid case is more or less the same as those used before, just the slot you slide in and out of has been moved from the side to the top. Not really much of a change...

Also, I guess the amaray artwork is very much down to the individual because I rather like what is on display here.

I'll have to see more pictures of the amaray, I know it's not much of a change, but it's a change I would have preferred they hadn't made, the fact it has 2 openings makes it feel less solid and for me they've always had a tendency to drop out. Aside from that I just feel like it looks better with the opening slot being on the side.

1U2X5ia.jpg

I'd much rather see the spine of the cases and it seems a lot neater

42g3l7K.jpg

these cases here go well with the cover in comparison,the black amaray goes well with the rigid box and contrasts with the rather vibrant cover, the cover itself displays key charcters and the anime title ad is in general pretty snazzy

Just Passing Through said:
My preference would be two thinpack cases as opposed to one Amaray, one per disc. (Twice the artwork, you see)

Yeah, that would be great, kinda like this Wings of Honneamise release

u85oRIe.jpg

These examples were taken from the discussion Andrew set up about their packaging a week ago, so you guys might wanna check that out for a more detailed breakdown of options

ClearlyConfused said:
I'll have to see more pictures of the amaray, I know it's not much of a change, but it's a change I would have preferred they hadn't made, the fact it has 2 openings makes it feel less solid and for me they've always had a tendency to drop out. Aside from that I just feel like it looks better with the opening slot being on the side.

Does it have two openings (top and bottom)? I was assuming it only had an opening at the top. Maybe Andrew can clarify.

Personally, I don't like the opening for the Space Dandy set being located at the top - I would have preferred it on the side like Kill la Kill's (which is amazing). I also find the covers for the amaray cases to be a bit of an eyesore (maybe they look better in person? Maybe it's just how the colour looked at that angle?).

Other than that, it looks great (although I prefer blue amarays for blu-rays. I'll let this one slide as it'll be in a box xD).

ClearlyConfused said:
britguy said:

1U2X5ia.jpg

I'd much rather see the spine of the cases and it seems a lot neater

42g3l7K.jpg

these cases here go well with the cover in comparison,the black amaray goes well with the rigid box and contrasts with the rather vibrant cover, the cover itself displays key charcters and the anime title ad is in general pretty snazzy

Just Passing Through said:
My preference would be two thinpack cases as opposed to one Amaray, one per disc. (Twice the artwork, you see)

Yeah, that would be great, kinda like this Wings of Honneamise release

u85oRIe.jpg

These examples were taken from the discussion Andrew set up about their packaging a week ago, so you guys might wanna check that out for a more detailed breakdown of options

Could you please tell me what company made the Gunbuster Bluray release?

It surprised me that the box is open at the top for Space Dandy but I think it is because of the dimensions of the book that comes with it. If the box had the opening at the side then we wouldn't be able to see the spine of the book.

Elaniel said:
Space Dandy looks great.

The Cat's Eye boxset really mocks me as I so want that badly for the UK!!!

And what do I see there?! Lodoss? LODOSS?!!? I know it's a French release, but please tell me there's a REASON it's there Andrew!

Shame it's such an over-rated show, gave up half way through when I realised it was a bunch of gimmicky episodes in search of a storyline.

britguy said:
cyborg 002 said:

Black Blu-ray cases make me think they're a Japanese release from Bandai Visual.....let me double check that

edit - yup

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gunbuster-Blu-ray/31438/

Thanks, for the info.

For a moment there, I was so excited. I realy hope a subtitled bluray release of Gunbuster, will make to the US or UK.

Thanks to you to Stiivun.

cyborg 002 said:
britguy said:
cyborg 002 said:

Black Blu-ray cases make me think they're a Japanese release from Bandai Visual.....let me double check that

edit - yup

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gunbuster-Blu-ray/31438/

Thanks, for the info.

For a moment there, I was so excited. I realy hope a subtitled bluray release of Gunbuster, will make to the US or UK.

Thanks to you to Stiivun.
If the series was released on blu-ray in the west I would be buying it as well (I passed on upgrading my dvds of the movies as I don't think they are as good as the series).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back