Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't notice this before, the DVD cover for Gurren Lagann.

81nl5_Idh_XFL_SL1500.jpg

Really like the look of the standard Giovanni's Blu-Ray cover - that looks like one of those slim Kaze-style BR cases too.

I'm going to be REALLY disappointed if the title is not on the spine. Patema Inverted didn't have this, meaning the consistency is way off for the Ultimate sets.

Giovanni_UE_1.jpg
Giovanni_UE_2.jpg

Well to be fair, the fact that this doesn't have a full slip means the consistency is shot anyway as both TTGL and Patema had one. Disappointment over this isn't something i'll go through anyway, especially as with the UE I display them on top of my shelves face first.

Set looks great anyway, looking forward to seeing the artbook.

They have a Giovanni case on display next to Patema and it doesn't have the sleeve, so I'm guessing that it won't have it.

Another Cat's Eye sighting!

and is that Short Peace? I'm guessing that's the Shorts compilation Andrew was talking about?

That looks a little thin. Will it stay balanced? I like to present my Ultimate Editions facing outwards.

I presume there's no writing to avoid ruining the lovely cover art. I don't mind there being no title to be honest.

Jatz said:
They have a Giovanni case on display next to Patema and it doesn't have the sleeve, so I'm guessing that it won't have it.

Another Cat's Eye sighting!

and is that Short Peace? I'm guessing that's the Shorts compilation Andrew was talking about?

Yeah they have Short Peace for sometime in the first half of 2015. The shorts he was talking about not long ago was something else.

Elaniel said:
That looks a mighty thin Ultimate Edition. Will it stay balanced? I like to present my Ultimate Editions facing outwards.

I presume there's no writing to avoid ruining the lovely cover art. I don't mind there being no title to be honest.

By the looks of it, it should be the same size as Patema Inverted.

Ah, must be the angle of the photo.

I presume the covers/cases being clean of text is something they are doing going forward, which I'm completely happy with. Leave the titles for the wraps with the BBFC logos and other things them. They've pretty much been doing this recently anyway.

Yeah, mine still hasn't arrived yet, and it was sent on the 17th. Considering the time of the year it was sent on, I'm not surprised it still hasn't arrived, though.

Y2Johnny said:
Yeah, mine still hasn't arrived yet, and it was sent on the 17th. Considering the time of the year it was sent on, I'm not surprised it still hasn't arrived, though.

It was sent of the same date, same country :p So yeah considering the time of the year, its normal but I expect it this week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back