Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime Limited's Office (Allegedly) said:
Photos with a Cat's Eye box set in the background

Before, I couldn't understand why people were suddenly talking about a UK release for Cat's Eye, now I get it. Nevertheless, I still stand by my assumption that there can't be more than a handful of folk in this country who know about the show and actually care enough to buy it. Bless their hearts if they're doing it for the love, but if that wouldn't be a guaranteed loss for AL, everything I thought I knew about the DVD market is a lie.

Let's be honest, I'm just disappointed it's not City Hunter.

Edit: Having thought about it, I might be missing the bigger picture. If they were to take a leaf from AnimEigo's book and use Kickstarter to somehow do a region free Blu-Ray, thus opening it up to international support (and perhaps Discotek's suggestion of SD content across fewer BD discs), I guess it might not seem like such a kamikaze mission after all.

I would have to say that of the small number of people in the UK who would buy Cat's Eye, it's very likely a lot of them already imported the US version (like me) and it's a bit too soon to tempt all but the most devoted of those into a double dip for a BD upgrade (even more so if it's SD content on the disc) ^^;

R

bakum4tsu said:
Y2Johnny said:
Yeah, mine still hasn't arrived yet, and it was sent on the 17th. Considering the time of the year it was sent on, I'm not surprised it still hasn't arrived, though.

It was sent of the same date, same country :p So yeah considering the time of the year, its normal but I expect it this week!!

Mine arrived today. The box was a bit scraped on the bottom edge, though :evil:

GI_1.jpg
GI_2.jpg
GI_3.jpg
GI_5.jpg
GI_4.jpg

Very, very nice, though I now see what people were talking about with the missing title on the spine (please include a title there in future, even if it's in Japanese!).

R

I imagine it's to keep the art clean and have the title / info on the obi-wrap.

I am disappointed there is no slipcase to slide over like the other Ultimate Editions.

It looks like the obi-wraps are the way going forward? (Space Dandy and Kill la Kill had them too).
I do like them, but would have preferred the slipcases for the Ultimate Editions and the obi-wrap for Collector's Editions.

Rui said:
Very, very nice, though I now see what people were talking about with the missing title on the spine (please include a title there in future, even if it's in Japanese!).

R

Definitely and duly noted - the logos and such are on the Digipack side, which I think was assumed would be the side people had facing them this time when I put the brief together. I'll definitely have the film logo added to the spine next time though - sorry for that one folks! The book however is simply stunning, were I not out of country right now I'd be stroking the copy on my desk as it feels really nice xD.

Andrew

Usually, I have the box-side of a digipack release showing on my shelf as opposed to the opening side. I think the only exception I've made has been with the Hosoda movies, because I bought MangaUK's The Girl Who Leapt Through Time/Summer Wars double-pack, then bought the Wolf Children Collector's Edition. So having the amarays for those visible makes them look more like they belong in a single "collection".

anime_andrew said:
Rui said:

R

Definitely and duly noted - the logos and such are on the Digipack side, which I think was assumed would be the side people had facing them this time when I put the brief together. I'll definitely have the film logo added to the spine next time though - sorry for that one folks! The book however is simply stunning, were I not out of country right now I'd be stroking the copy on my desk as it feels really nice xD.

Andrew

Release looks awesome! Really looking forward to Monday.

Seconded on the spine title too though, I always thought box spines facing out was the done thing?

NoSurprises said:
anime_andrew said:
Rui said:

R

Andrew

Seconded on the spine title too though, I always thought box spines facing out was the done thing?

Usually it is - there was a reason this one wasn't but my jetlag-addled brain can't recall why right now....

AP

So happy Anime Limited have gone back to side loading for the Collector's editions! As much as I liked Space Dandy the top loading was a bit weird (I'm cool with the amaray instead of digi if it's cheaper tho) :D

Revisiting Giovanni's Island again...

anime_andrew said:
NoSurprises said:
anime_andrew said:

Andrew

Usually it is - there was a reason this one wasn't but my jetlag-addled brain can't recall why right now....

AP

Just received my copy and wanted to add to this discussion by saying that it's a smashing set :D

I would actually be perfectly happy to display it on its side (the title's present on the top) if not for the logistical issue of the items falling out the way it's orientated.

Looking forward to watching the film soon. I hope people realise the UE is limited in quantity and don't get disappointed when it disappears!

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back