Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
10533835_10154843077935023_5457388612153773296_n.jpg

I'm so bad at deciding which version of Patema Inverted I want. I had the collector's edition ordered, then switched for the standard, but now I've cancelled again because I can't decide. I will be buying it in some form but they all look so nice I can't choose!

Manga, Manga, Manga....

You said Good Luck Girl would be Blu-ray only.

And by the looks of it, it's DVD only.

(I already own the US set but this is one big screw up right here)

How confusing. Perhaps Jerome left over some kind of internal Good Luck Girl power struggle.

R (I am joking, in case I am told off for saying stupid things)

NormanicGrav said:
Manga, Manga, Manga....

You said Good Luck Girl would be Blu-ray only.

And by the looks of it, it's DVD only.

(I already own the US set but this is one big screw up right here)

I'm still holding fire as it's early days, but if this really is the case, then this feels like just the latest nail in the coffin - I can't see why any UK anime company would go DVD only these days (outside big sellers like Naruto etc.), especially knowing how much value the fans place on HD.

I'm very interested to hear what kind of noises Manga make over the next few months, as outside the general communication in release week - ie. Bayoneta and Yu-Gi-Oh, it's still been very hush hush as to their ongoing plans for 2015. There's a lot of aspects, like this, and the Naruto Blood Prison affair that have still been left very much unaddressed.

Not to say they're linked in any way, but considering Warner is willing to push these out on steelbooks in the UK does put me in better hopes for them finally getting around to sorting out a UK release of Jojos... but who knows. They seem to comprehend there's at least some appetite for Japanese stuff over here in the UK.

the one piece blu ray cover is the same pasted badly on a blu ray case. so because there is no dvd or blu ray logo on the cover of one piece or good luck im going to hope that it is blu.

edit: i had too much faith :( as we've found out today

Space Dandy looks great.

The Cat's Eye boxset really mocks me as I so want that badly for the UK!!!

And what do I see there?! Lodoss? LODOSS?!!? I know it's a French release, but please tell me there's a REASON it's there Andrew!

Elaniel said:
Space Dandy looks great.

The Cat's Eye boxset really mocks me as I so want that badly for the UK!!!

And what do I see there?! Lodoss? LODOSS?!!? I know it's a French release, but please tell me there's a REASON it's there Andrew!

I saw that Lodoss box when they posted the pics on facebook earlier and you instantly popped into my head haha. Was hoping you'd see it XD

Space Dandy looking bootiful. Pumped for Monday when I get in from work.

I really want to get Space Dandy as soon as possible, but that Christmas sale is stopping me from pulling the trigger. I blame Anime Limited. :lol:

It would be amazing if they actually release Cat's Eye and Lodoss. If I let my imagination go crazy and imagine that the Perfect Blue cardboard has the Satoshi Kon Box Set, then I would explode.

Lack of digipack with this release is disappointing. Comments on Facebook show many are aggrieved by this.

ALs comments re:revisiting packaging designs soon is a bit worrying as this release could stand out as the one non digipack release going forward if fans point out they prefer digipacks.

It's a hard one to gauge I'd imagine. I hear equal amounts of praise and disdain for digipaks so I think they're caught in a rock and a hard place whichever they stick with.

I'm fine with either. As long as they don't start using snapper cases :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back