Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Larger sized and finalised artwork for one MVM release:

71AthypX3tL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I noticed that MVM's release, in terms of extras, only mention Web Previews, and make no mention of any Textless Openings (including the rebroadcast OP), Textless Endings, Commercials and Trailers, English Dub Teaser, English Dub Trailers, English Dub Bloopers and Commentary by English Dub Cast and Director, which was on the AoA release (which I own a copy of).

Could it be that MVM's release is authored locally like The Asterisk War was, or was it a mistake on MVM's part?

Last edited:
I noticed that MVM's release, in terms of extras, only mention Web Previews, and make no mention of any Textless Openings (including the rebroadcast OP), Textless Endings, Commercials and Trailers, English Dub Teaser, English Dub Trailers, English Dub Bloopers and Commentary by English Dub Cast and Director, which was on the AoA release (which I own).

Could it be that MVM's release is authored locally like The Asterisk War was, or was it a mistake on MVM's part?
That's a good point. If @MVM could clarify on that, it would be appreciated. Rightstuf AoA listing for source.

Yeah. Still no word on getting the LE for part 2 though, which would be infuriating as the standard won't fit properly in the box for part 1.

There's still time, and if there's one series where I don't see them backtracking on their plans, it's that one. It's stated on the cardboard box "coming 2020 with exclusive illustration", so it'll probably be like the USA version as has been the case until now!

Would have been nice if they kept the same style for the spines on the Jojo's sets, Stardust's looks a bit off...Still, I may grab them in the MVM sale.

It's likely that Stardust Crusaders will have the same style for the spines as Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency in the end, as the Stardust Crusaders Part 1 artwork isn't finalised yet. Another error is that the Stardust Crusaders Part 1 spine has the Funimation logo, as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a Viz Media license, not a Funimation license.

It's likely that Stardust Crusaders will have the same style for the spines as Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency in the end, as the Stardust Crusaders Part 1 artwork isn't finalised yet. Another error is that the Stardust Crusaders Part 1 spine has the Funimation logo, as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a Viz Media license, not a Funimation license.
Ah fair enough. I thought it looked a bit too sloppy to be final tbh.

i get the feeling that the Code Geass packaging won't be that slim unless manga figured out some magical way to fit 8 discs into a 15mm case
i just hope they fix the Jojo spines, the MHA S1 and S3 spines drive me nuts

i get the feeling that the Code Geass packaging won't be that slim unless manga figured out some magical way to fit 8 discs into a 15mm case

The Kaze release was on 2 discs per season (magic :p) Although I'm sure many sacrifices were made to that (not watched it yet since this version was announced)

i just hope they fix the Jojo spines, the MHA S1 and S3 spines drive me nuts
I'm going to guess they'll take the Collector's Edition release of Code Geass (the Funimation one) and replace the chipboard with a cardboard one. That way it basically matches Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Death Note, Blue Exorcist etc.

Back