Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

BD/DVD combo packs can't go away fast enough for me, I've wanted Blu-ray exclusive releases to happen 10 years ago - especially for CE/LE/PE releases. I have zero use for any of those thousands of DVDs stuffed inside the anime and movie combo packs on my shelves, what a huge waste of space. If they want to continue to sell DVDs at all, sell the dang things separately. Better yet, stop making all DVDs and release SDBDs instead, at least that's a worthwhile improvement.

BD/DVD combo packs can't go away fast enough for me, I've wanted Blu-ray exclusive releases to happen 10 years ago - especially for CE/LE/PE releases. I have zero use for any of those thousands of DVDs stuffed inside the anime and movie combo packs on my shelves, what a huge waste of space. If they want to continue to sell DVDs at all, sell the dang things separately. Better yet, stop making all DVDs and release SDBDs instead, at least that's a worthwhile improvement.

only best thing about them is i can case swap to reduce some shelf space

2 case 2 disc blu-ray sets and 1 4 disc set with 2 bd and 2 dvd, granted the discs for season 2 will be in a season 1 case but better than nothing and i just throw the dvds in a plastic sleeve and they disappear into the drawer never to be seen again

I am starting to really wonder if I am the only one who actually makes use of those DVDs... There is still no Blu-ray player software around that can accelerate BD playback with sound and without the helium effect, so DVDs are pretty nice for average shows. And I can take those DVDs and toss them to someone who really doesn't care about packaging and video quality (and who may even go for cheap HK bootlegs).
I'm actually kind of starting to miss them already. DVDs still have home video quality, which is better than those streams that are often just unfinished products. (Aside from the fact that the digital codes don't work overseas anyway.)

81vfuDF4jdL._SY445_.jpg

DVD

Back