Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Hyouka looks a little odd when you compare it to Part 1, like they look to be done in completely different styles with Part 2 looking more like the artbox rather than the Part 1 artwork. I mean it doesn't matter as it still looks nice and both will be in the storage box anyway but just an observation.

Quite surprised to see Love Live is limited to 500, not a show I know all that much about but I always thought it was ridiculously popular.

Standard Hyouka P2.
Makes me curious as to what the thought process was not using this as the front artwork for the rigid case.
Hyouka_pt_2_DVD_Shop_PO_grande.jpg

Last edited:
Quite surprised to see Love Live is limited to 500, not a show I know all that much about but I always thought it was ridiculously popular.

Said this to someone on twitter, but just to make a note of here as well, while there have been releases of Love Live in the past, data indicates it may not be as rabid for home video as some perceive. We’d love that to be proven wrong though! We’re big fans of Love Live though. And if demand ends up far outweighing the actual production run, that can be factored in for the future.

Said this to someone on twitter, but just to make a note of here as well, while there have been releases of Love Live in the past, data indicates it may not be as rabid for home video as some perceive. We’d love that to be proven wrong though! We’re big fans of Love Live though. And if demand ends up far outweighing the actual production run, that can be factored in for the future.

Out of curiosity if it sells out before its release what happens then? Does it get a mini-print run to allow extra people to order it before release or will it stay at 500 units and be out of print?

Out of curiosity if it sells out before its release what happens then? Does it get a mini-print run to allow extra people to order it before release or will it stay at 500 units and be out of print?

As far as I'm aware, it's 500 units only. Worth noting that the Collector's Ed. of Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 sold out prior to its release, so that's definitely happened before.

That's fair enough, I just assumed as I see Love Live a lot on twitter and such so thought it would be pretty popular, just goes to show you I guess.

As far as I'm aware, it's 500 units only. Worth noting that the Collector's Ed. of Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 sold out prior to its release, so that's definitely happened before.
[Posted this on twitter but I'll ask here as sometimes you get lots of @ tweets]

I would be kinda interested to know what sales figures @MVM had and if this is the reason SIP The Movie was never released in the UK. Will we still be seeing Season 2 of Sunshine @Jeremy Graves or too soon to tell?

You know I was just wondering if this would get an EB deal and remembered I have it ordered on Amazon at £19.99, doubt they'll be able to beat that tbh but I may move my order if the match it. As a side note, I made that order on the 4th of March 2017. >_>
And its currently £17.99 on Take Time Out, have it locked on Amazon and can't cancel though due to super saver shipping as part of the order already shipped.

FYI hmv.ie ceased trading at the weekend but taketimeoutentertain.co.uk which is operated by HMV Ireland is still in business.

Back