Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

I love the look of the Reconguista in G set, not sure about the show itself right enough but I'll be picking this up at some point in the near future anyway as the arts really nice, shame it's only crappy artcards rather than a booklet though. On the matter of the clear cases I'm not overly fussed as they're in an artbox anyway but I do think clear looks better than blue, with black cases being god tier.... so meh, whatever.

*Oh I just saw the Metropolis steelbook above, I'll be having that!

Don't give a crap about Gundam and I heard that this one was especially mediocre, but the set looks nice. I know that you've done clear amarays in the past with Space Dandy and Garden of Words and its nice to see its return, the superior and sexiest method of storing blu-rays.

Anime Limited | Unboxing

IMG_5981.jpg

Outlaw Star: Complete Series Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Release Date: 7th December 2016

Link here.

While I'm still firmly with the Amarays over digipaks crowd, that's an outrageously good looking set, with the video quality to match it seems like. Props to everyone involved!

Escaflowne looks great, it's one of the titles I've canceled for now as I try to bring costs down close to Christmas as 3 young nephews (2 of which want the new Pokemon, neither have the 3DS to play it on so yeah, that'll fall on me too I guess....) and a niece means uncle Buzz be skint ;_; I may change my mind and move pre-orders around again by the time it comes out though. Looks huge too, bigger than the FMP one?

I'll still be picking up Outlaw Star as the set looks fantastic and I've already sold my DVD set when this was announced.

Last edited:
If you've got a few singles artboxes meant to fit 6-7 volumes (I've got a couple of those, Ultra Maniac being the only 7-disc one) or even this, those are probably even thicker, but yeah this is thick.

It's so beautiful and looks so much better than FUNi's release. Only thing I like better with FUNi is the inside art and disc art (despite the printing issues (See the quotes from Brady Hartel in this post for how those issues happened)). Definitely need this thing, hopefully it doesn't sell out quickly (over here in NA it was among Bandai's top 5 best-selling series).

The biggest box I have (in terms of width) is the Akito the Exiled artbox for the Japanese sets which holds 5 sets and some booklets and artcards, I guess it will be around that size, albeit much taller. I'm sure it will look fine beside the other Ultimate Editions I have anyway.

I would assume it'll be around for a while but now I'm worried and may just stick in an order in case...

Was asked about the what the FMA set was looking like over in the what has arrived today thread. (It hasn't arrived - but was on display at MCM so I figured this was the most appropriate thread to post in.

One thing I will say is that the join between the two halves is nowhere near as noticeable IRL as it has come out in the pictures.

4WcRbss.jpg

fU9HYRo.jpg

VY06QYS.jpg

ClnpL4J.jpg

AL are knocking it out of the park this year with their CE designs. Outlaw is probably the best looking CE I've ever seen, can't wait to buy it. And it's great to see Escaflowne using digipacks inside it instead of the amarays seen in FMP, it really looks like an expensive and quality set now.

Yeah, it's amazing how much Anime Ltd have come ahead in even just the past year when it comes to their Collectors / Ultimate Editions - feels like they've got them down to a fine art now in terms of quality. Comparing the Escaflowne set to the Gurren Laggann set is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Back