Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Studio Canal | Only Yesterday [Blu-ray/DVD] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91o4f-%2BtpBL._SL1500_.jpg

91GgnVFRWzL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
There are reports that the GKIDS version used a lossy English audio (English DTS Audio 2.0 compared to Japanese DTS-HD MA 2.0). I'm curious about the specs for the UK version.

Anime Ltd | Assassination Classroom: Season One Part One [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
91sd-SzjndL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

And the following are upcoming Funimation UK titles. These are the suggested covers that will be used for the UK version, with the BBFC logo expected to appear on the front of the cover (see above as an example).
[spoilerbutton]
lcydJV0l.jpg
zCrktqtl.jpg

c9VyVUZl.jpg
0CDkBBWl.jpg

ruDkE7ll.jpg
usE721ll.jpg

BaUdmFZl.jpg
vjGOjmFl.jpg

uS9uPdxl.jpg
Xr82E7al.jpg

ED4AwFGl.jpg
E9c85Hjl.jpg

iP0TSoRl.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Ninja Slayer and Show By Rock!! Season 1 are not yet scheduled in North America so artwork for that isn't up (I suspect they're due for an October release). Fairy Tail Parts 10-12 are expected to be the same artwork but DVD only.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is this the first instance of a UK distributor dropping the BBFC on the spine? Not counting releases where it was stickered on.

Probably, we'll have to wait and see if Anime Ltd will do an unboxing or not.

The AssClass Blu-ray didn't have a BBFC rating on the spine of the blu-ray case either, like the DVD i can't find any AL logos apart from the AllTheAnime logo on the artbox on the front and back along with Funi's, on the actual case there's only ANI0131 and BBFC logos on back cover and discs to differentiate it from the USA release.

Wonder if we'll get slipcovers for the Funi UK titles, i hope so, ideally without BBFC logos on the spine so they match up with other Funi titles.

DragonBlaze67 said:
The AssClass Blu-ray didn't have a BBFC rating on the spine of the blu-ray case either, like the DVD i can't find any AL logos apart from the AllTheAnime logo on the artbox on the front and back along with Funi's, on the actual case there's only ANI0131 and BBFC logos on back cover and discs to differentiate it from the USA release.

Wonder if we'll get slipcovers for the Funi UK titles, i hope so, ideally without BBFC logos on the spine so they match up with other Funi titles.

If I recall, there was a sticker on the side of the artbox though.

IncendiaryLemon said:
DragonBlaze67 said:

Just looked at AL's unboxing there was a sticker on the front of the artbox on the cellophane and one on the info sheet but not on the spine of the artbox.

DragonBlaze67 said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
DragonBlaze67 said:

Just looked at AL's unboxing there was a sticker on the front of the artbox on the cellophane and one on the info sheet but not on the spine of the artbox.

Fair enough, must have been misremembering.

Just Passing Through said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Is this the first instance of a UK distributor dropping the BBFC on the spine? Not counting releases where it was stickered on.

None of my ADV UK discs have spinal BBFC logos.

Mine do, but quite a few ADV UK releases had reversible covers with a clean version of the cover art iirc.

I really want to know how the Funi UK titles will be handled. I'd be especially upset and probably unlikely to buy any of the UK releases if they lack slipcovers.

IncendiaryLemon said:
The two titles I own from Beez don't have logos on the spine (Haruhi Complete DVD set and Sword of the Stranger BD)
Unless it causes any problems/kickback from retailers I believe the plan is to drop them from the spine for good.

Mangaranga said:
I really want to know how the Funi UK titles will be handled. I'd be especially upset and probably unlikely to buy any of the UK releases if they lack slipcovers.

Assuming we're talking the O-Cards here, what's the actual benefit they provide to consumers out of curiosity? Manga UK never used to use them on Funimation releases. They cost a chunk more and don't really add value do they?

Best,

AP

anime_andrew said:
Mangaranga said:

Assuming we're talking the O-Cards here, what's the actual benefit they provide to consumers out of curiosity? Manga UK never used to use them on Funimation releases. They cost a chunk more and don't really add value do they?

Best,

AP

I'd say it's more to have them line up on the shelf with Funi's USA releases.

Seeing some pics of Yona of the Dawn's UK release, you can see where some changes have been to accommodate the missing slipcover, mainly the "DUAL FORMAT" text on the cover. The Funi USA slipcovers have that on the blue banner that covers the top of the blu-ray case.

I think what some of us were hoping for with Funi UK titles was a clean copy of the USA cover and then just BBFC rating on the slipcover (with that being the only difference).

Funimation UK - Yona of the Dawn: Part 1 [Blu-ray & DVD Combo]

81rukxVH1xL._SL1428_.jpg

EnUw43S.gif

No offence but if you're going to release it like that you may as well drop the DVDs and reduce the SRP.

"Release it like that"? You mean standard Amaray? We've known that was the plan with these funi titles, they're not getting the "Anime Limited" treatment. Plus, the up1 and a-o-l price for the uk version are still cheaper than the usa release on up1 and trsi...

britguy said:
"Release it like that"? You mean standard Amaray? We've known that was the plan with these funi titles, they're not getting the "Anime Limited" treatment. Plus, the up1 and a-o-l price for the uk version are still cheaper than the usa release on up1.

I wasn't referring to the Anime Limited treatment, heck we all knew about that. I was expecting the exact same treatment the US folks were getting - slipcover, no logos (aside from the front side and back of perhaps the slipcover or plastic).

Back