Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Punch Man Vol 1 JP BD packaging:
CWMFE2LU8AAWeBQ.png:orig

CWMFE2kU8AEVmBX.png:orig

This release will come with English subs and includes episodes 1-2. It is not yet confirmed whether the OVA included in this volume will have english subtitles - once i receive mine, I shall confirm.

Mrclt1994 said:
One Punch Man Vol 1 JP BD packaging:
CWMFE2LU8AAWeBQ.png:orig

CWMFE2kU8AEVmBX.png:orig

This release will come with English subs and includes episodes 1-2. It is not yet confirmed whether the OVA included in this volume will have english subtitles - once i receive mine, I shall confirm.
Awesome...i must buy it. Every cell in my body is telling me to buy it.

robot monkey said:
The show really that good then?

I enjoy it. My partner likes it too so it makes the expensive release seem better value than just buying something for myself. You should check out Daisuki's stream!

(A lot of people seem to liken the anime version to Kill la Kill, so it might be a good choice given your avatar.)

R

Rui said:
robot monkey said:
The show really that good then?

I enjoy it. My partner likes it too so it makes the expensive release seem better value than just buying something for myself. You should check out Daisuki's stream!

(A lot of people seem to liken the anime version to Kill la Kill, so it might be a good choice given your avatar.)

R

I noticed it keeps getting into all the reviewers top fives for 2015 on ANN.

US - Sentai Filmworks: April 2016 Slate (Part 1)

Parasyte -the maxim-: Collection 1 Collector's Edition [Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack]
[spoilerbutton]
scene.jpg

Parasyte -the maxim- has become one of the top anime on Toonami, and what better way to celebrate its immense success than with an awesome release? We're very happy to reveal the Parasyte -the maxim- Limited Edition Premium Box Set! We've broken up the contents for you guys to view below. Let's take a look at the first collection box set, and everything that's in it!
1SFCPSM101-box.jpg

The Parasyte -the maxim- chipboard box is made of sturdy cardboard, that can be used to deflect unwanted pokes, lingering stares and occasionally fleshy shaped knife like appendages. The front and back art is designed to scare away would be predators, should the situation turn from your favor.
dvdbdtop.png

The Parasyte Premium Box Set comes with both a Blu-ray and DVD version of the first 12 episodes of the series, detailing the beginning of the Parasyte invasion on Earth, Shinichi's transformation from unassuming background character to raving badass, and Migi's ascention from flubby bookworm to bonafide wrist rocket.
1SFCPSM101-EXTRA.png

The Extras box contains all the goodies that come along with the premium box set. The artwork may be familiar to many of you, since it's the show's key art (the defining and identifying image that goes along with every title).
extras.png

Inside the Extras box you will find some awesome Migi inspired temporary tattoos so you can brew up your own parasyte in house, and a nifty lense wipe for your glasses in case you get any kind of foreign matter on them, bloody or otherwise. Finally we have one of the most interesting items in the set: the Green-eyed Migi Be@rbrick collectable figure from Medicom Toys. This bad boy is exclusive to the Parasyte Premium Box Set, so heads up all you Be@rbrick collectors out there!
[/spoilerbutton]

NormanicGrav said:
US - Sentai Filmworks: April 2016 Slate (Part 1)

Parasyte -the maxim-: Collection 1 Collector's Edition [Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack]
[spoilerbutton]
scene.jpg

1SFCPSM101-box.jpg

dvdbdtop.png

1SFCPSM101-EXTRA.png

extras.png
[/spoilerbutton]

I hope the spine has some kind of shiny/foil stamped wording - would look awesome!

I fear this is another release which is "Premium" in price only. I understand that there's probably not much to work with material wise due to the series getting two standard BD Boxes in Japan (as I understand), but there is absolutely nothing there to justify a CE, even down to the artwork. I personally think it looks pretty hideous and it's definitely not something I'd buy based on both the look and extremely limited extra crap. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but do people really look at that and think "Hey, that looks really attractive. I want it!" or "I'll buy that for the extras".

britguy said:
I too am tempted, will wait for ova sub confirmation first. 30 quid for three episodes is a tough ask for me though!
I hope it's subbed. Pretty sure the last time Bandai Visual released a Viz license with ENGsub they subtitled the OVAs (Gargantia).
Saying that reminds me that I still need to import the JP BDs of that show so I can chuck out the Viz garbage.

US - Sentai Filmworks: Updated Artwork

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
81NJjpuSBcL._SL_.jpg
81zOvDRC27L._SL_.jpg
81k%2BE0pva8L._SL_.jpg
81fQLz-sf4L._SL_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

ilmaestro said:
What the heck is Indian Summer?

Rui said:
(A lot of people seem to liken the anime version [of OPM] to Kill la Kill)
Really?! o_O

Yeah, I don't really agree... but I've seen it too many times to dismiss as one fan's weird comparison. I think they're seeing the mix of action, comedy and gratuitous inoffensive nudity rather than things like characterisation, genre and themes <_<

(Indian Summer was the weird localised name for Koharu Biyori, and I'm not sure why I even remember that as I've never seen it. I was also about to blame Tokyopop but a quick Google tells me it was ComicsOne's fault.)

R

Aha! I've never even heard of that at all which is what confused me as it's rare that happens these days. Localized name is fine really, if pointless as I would guess that's not such a well known phrase in the US these days anyway. Thank you for the info!

NormanicGrav said:
Indian Summer: Complete Collection Sentai Selects [DVD] *Minor NSFW*
[spoilerbutton]
812OE1dmCqL._SL_.jpg
81Hv7SDrWuL._SL_.jpg
81ukf4SiYqL._SL_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
I'm a bit miffed that Sentai's cheapo re-releases get reversible covers while their full priced new releases do not.

Also, Sentai Selects > S.A.V.E.

NormanicGrav said:
JP - Aniplex of Japan: New Artwork

Persona 3 the Movie #3 -Falling Down- [Blu-ray]
[spoilerbutton]
CWY7agtVAAEaIsg.jpg:large
[/spoilerbutton]

Was thinking why the old artwork didn't fit with the other two now it does cant wait for it in Jan now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back