Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm...they should have stuck to the shot of the lady in The Wind Rises painting, that image they're using looks awkward.

"- Italy will be receiving Princess Mononoke on Blu-ray next year." Pretty sure we'll be getting it next year than too :D

Latest Overseas News & Updates:
- For those who wanted to look at Gatchaman's BD set fully and not just images, an unboxing is available to look at.
- Aniplex USA has shown off their latest releases; Fate/Zero Season 1 and Sword Art Online Box Set 4.
- Akira's BD and Maken-ki! BD back covers are revealed. I have already confirmed that they're stated to be A and 1 only, but the question is "are they really?"
- Hetalia Season 3/4 DVD back cover is also unveiled.
- Right stuf's release of Ninja Nonsense is also shown off with its back cover.
- Uta no Prince Sama Season 1 has more cover details, since it's sub-only it's Region A only. Same applies to Maiden Japan's release of Patlabor TV Collection 4 (all MJ releases are A only).

Fate_Zero_DVD.jpg
SAO_IV.jpg

BD_Back_Akira.jpg
BD_Back_Maken_ki.jpg

BD_Back_Zetman.jpg

DVD_Back_Hetalia_World.jpg
DVD_Back_Ninja_Nonsense.jpg

Sentai_BD_PTV_4_1.jpg
Sentai_BD_Uta_1.jpg

Sentai_BD_PTV_4_2.jpg
Sentai_BD_Uta_2.jpg

Sentai_DVD_PTV_4_1.jpg
Sentai_DVD_Uta_1.jpg

Sentai_DVD_PTV_4_2.jpg
Sentai_DVD_Uta_2.jpg

Heh, surprised Hetalia is TV-MA when it's a 12 around here (15 for additional material).

Why is Breaking Bad referenced in Patlabor's back cover?

NormanicGrav said:
I just realised something. Viz list 1080p video as a "Main Feature" For Zetman/Tiger & Bunny, yet when it came to the crappy 1080i Lagrange release they said nothing. I wish that they would be more transparent about which releases are 1080i. If Accel World is I'll lose my ****.
Other that that, I wish Viz would stop being the MVM of cover design in America as they actually have some good shows with some nice artwork. The front/back covers, and especially the spines of pretty much all of their releases look cheap and horrible. Zetman's back cover is a massive improvement over their previous ones though.

- Magi Season 1 Part 1 DVD set is unveiled.
- Parts of Funimation's upcoming titles has cover arts revealed; Jormungand Season 2, Fairy Tail Part 8, Dragon Ball Z (Blu-ray OB) Season 2

Magi_DVD.jpg

Funi_DBZ_Season_2.jpg
Funi_Fairy_Tail_Part_8.jpg
Funi_Jormungand_S2.jpg

- February Cover Arts for Funimation have been revealed.
- Evangelion 3.33 has a Black Blu-ray banner instead of Blue, interesting. I'm hoping the UK release will have the poster cover (the one with Shinji and Kaworu) for its cover art as neither 1.11 or 2.22 had red or orange cover fronts.
- Anime Classics return with Fruits Basket arriving February 2014 (Region 1, 2 and 4) and Serial Experiments Lain (Region A / 1) is delayed until May 2014.
- S.A.V.E. editions are also around with the unfortunate Strike Witches being added. Both Season 1 (Region A, B / 1) and Season 2 (Region A, B / 1, 2) are arriving separately in February 2014.

V_Appleseed_XIII.jpg
V_Eva.png
V_Fruits_Basket_CL.png
V_Kamisama_Kiss.png
51xeh_Kb_JLL_SL500.jpg
5116n_Yi_Y5e_L_SL500.jpg

Meanwhile in Australia:

AU_Aquarion_EVOL_P1.png
AU_Bakuman_Season_1.png
AU_B_Daman_Crossfire.png
AU_Blue_Exorcist_C6.png
AU_Cowboy_Bebop_C2.png
AU_Fairy_Tail_Part_7.png
AU_Fate_Zero_Season_1.png
AU_Garden_of_Words.png
AU_Maken_Ki.png
AU_One_Piece_Strong_World.png
AU_Patlabor_TV_C1.png
AU_SAO_Part_3.png
AU_Shangri_La.png
AU_We_Without_Wings.png

NormanicGrav said:
2 Discs... Interesting...
I wonder if Aniplex are forcing Madman to massively reduce the video quality like they did with Madoka/are with SAO.

They didn't seem to care that Madman/Manga used their masters for Blue Exorcist...

Well it does say collection 1, rather than season 1. Maybe they are doing 3 collections, 6 discs in total. The Aniplex is a total of 6 discs for both series I believe, plus you have the bonus dvds and soundtrack cds.

- Sentai's January line up final cover arts are slowly revealed with one bilingual release and two sub onlys.
- Looks like all Bilingual releases will be Region A and B (Medaka Box Season 1 was Region A, turns out to be Region A and B) while the sub-only's will be Region A.
- Viz Media will be unleashing their first Blu-ray & DVD combo pack Limited Edition; the complete series of K.

Casshan_Complete_Sub_Only_1.jpg
Casshan_Complete_Sub_Only_2.jpg

Medaka_Box_Abnormal_1.jpg
Medaka_Box_Abnormal_2.jpg

Taisho_Baseball_Girls_Sub_Only_1.jpg
Taisho_Baseball_Girls_Sub_Only_2.jpg

91_WQYKLcaa_L_SL.jpg
xlt5.jpg

- Australia seems to be getting more of their titles out of the way, with a complete series collection of Steins;Gate as well.
- Funimation has their first black Blu-ray case.
- Section23 (Sentai Filmworks and Maiden Japan) March titles were also unveiled.

4477546.jpg
4477547.jpg
4477548.jpg
4477549.jpg
4477550.jpg

BD_Eva.png
BD_Fairy_Tail.png
BD_Good_Luck_Girl.png
BD_SAO_IV.png
BD_Steins_Gate.png
DVD_Eva.png
DVD_Fairy_Tail.png
DVD_Good_Luck_Girl.png
DVD_Ikki_Tousen_GG.png
DVD_Lagrange_Season_1.png
DVD_Legend_of_the_Legendary_Heroes.png
DVD_SAO_IV.png
DVD_Steins_Gate.png
Viz_Bleach_Set_19.jpg

BD_Fairy_Tail_USA.jpg
BD_Fairy_Tail_USA_Ba.jpg
BD_Fairy_Tail_USA_Back.jpg

Mardock_Scramble_Third_Blu_ray.jpg
Maria_Holic_Alive_Blu_ray.jpg
Nadia_Complete_Blu_ray.jpg
The_Pet_Girl_of_Sakurasou_C2_Blu_ray.jpg
To_Love_Ru_Season_1_Blu_ray.jpg
UPOTTE_Blu_ray.jpg

Mardock_Scramble_Third_DVD.jpg
Maria_Holic_Alive_DVD.jpg
Myself_Yourself_DVD.jpg
Nadia_Complete_DVD.jpg
The_Pet_Girl_of_Sakurasou_C2_DVD.jpg
UPOTTE_DVD.jpg

Emulsion said:
Sony universal are only releasing Ergo Proxy on DVD or have they just not done a cover for the Blu-ray.

They're only releasing it on DVD. It seems that they are doing Funimation's method of DVD or Blu-ray/DVD Combo pack rather than one or the other.

Well that sucks. Have to wait and see if someone in the US is going to be getting it and doing a Blu-ray. Hoping it will be B coded.

No pictures but Madman are doing a limited edition collectors box with Fate/Zero collection one. It states on their site that it has a booklet, it's 13 episodes and 2 discs. No mention of whether the English audio will be lossy or lossless.

- Looks like only newer licensed shows would receive a AB treatment, Maria Holic will be Region A (which may also explain Nyan Koi!). If a Sentai title was sub-only first or released as sub-only, it's obvious it would be Region A. The upcoming Mardock Scramble may also be Region A since it was licensed together overall with the first two films. Nadia I'm not sure about due to it's length.

91i9k_TFp25_L_SL.jpg
91i_Ajqg_Jvu_L_SL.jpg

818_V2xz_MYw_L_SL.jpg
81_Zdpo_YHq_LL_SL.jpg

Emulsion said:
Well that sucks. Have to wait and see if someone in the US is going to be getting it and doing a Blu-ray. Hoping it will be B coded.

No pictures but Madman are doing a limited edition collectors box with Fate/Zero collection one. It states on their site that it has a booklet, it's 13 episodes and 2 discs. No mention of whether the English audio will be lossy or lossless.

They're doing a collector's box with Sword Art Online as well. Might be enough to tempt me to get their blu rays instead.

- Like the first season, the second season is also locked to A. The first season was successful with the Sentai Bypass method on a positive note.
- Just to clarify, there's nothing major being released from Funimation in January unless the Eureka Seven release date is confirmed (28th Jan, the show is licensed for BD & DVD).
- Anchor Bay have apparently confirmed that the CG Space Captain Harlock film will be released by them in multiple regions, according to the Fandom Post. Expect the UK release to be similar to Forward Unto Dawn's advertising (by having Manga promoting the product).
- As of December 9, 2013, Geneon Universal Entertainment Japan will now be known as NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan.

AKB0048_NS_BD_Front.jpg
AKB0048_NS_DVD_Front.jpg

AKB0048_NS_BD_Info.jpg
AKB0048_NS_DVD_Info.jpg

In usual Aniplex fashion this release looks really nice and I can't wait for my copy.
On another note, Is that the DTS logo I spot? Maybe Aniplex are going to stop using LPCM and up the Bitrate of their English Dub tracks.

1505536_565713293509522_526742309_n.jpg

- A few additional look on the inside for Dragon Ball Z: Season 2 (16:9 Ver.), Evangelion: 3.33 and Robotics;Notes.

880x.jpg

6jnk.jpg

ptf5.jpg

kfje.jpg

NormanicGrav said:

Oh wow, that actually looks really nice. I might have to do a Guilty Crown and buy this series even though it was pretty meh JUST because it looks so good.
The Eva 3 release also looks really damn nice so I'll definitely be grabbing that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back