Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely do want Kokoro Connect, even if I find it weird that they're releasing the OVAs separately. I would have thought that Iori would have been on the second BD disc though, not Yui. In fact, it would have made more sense for Iori to be disc 1, then Inaba on disc 2. But then again, this is Sentai, who had Kanon on Disc 2 of The World God Only Knows, despite her episodes all being on disc 1.

Australian Sword Art Online release. Not a show I'm interested in buying, but I know a lot of the people here like artboxes - especially when they don't cost £70 a piece. And there aren't any hideous 'double play' banners Manga has a burning passion for.

I4Yiazw.png
kgNEqrz.png

ifWjmfq.png
4cPgj5p.png

That's a better cover than our version and I like it very well, especially the LE version which has the Aniplex Vol.1 cover. Madman has done a good job with that package.

Phi Brain: Puzzle of God Season 2 Collection 2
Version: US
Format: Blu-ray
Region: A (Sentai trick should be compatible)

91_E_jj99_MRL_SL.jpg

81p1_OTUj_LEL_SL.jpg

Kokoro Connect TV
Version: US
Format: DVD
Region: 1 (Locked)

81_Q4ogq1gm_L_SL.jpg

81v_38_Emh_OL_SL.jpg

It's a better cover than ours but neither the BD/DVD covers nor the Artbox are very nice to look at due to MASSIVE LOGO'S EVERYWHERE. Aincrad is also spelt wrong on both boxes.
Rather than using part of the Japanese Bluray Artbox why not just release the exact same one. I don't see why they can't just leave the Sword Art Online text in White or Black either as It'd look much nicer. Oh well, better than the hideous UK cover my miles regardless. Still far behind the Japanese and even Aniplex USA's sets though.

Mangaranga said:
It's a better cover than ours but neither the BD/DVD covers nor the Artbox are very nice to look at due to MASSIVE LOGO'S EVERYWHERE. Aincrad is also spelt wrong on both boxes.
Rather than using part of the Japanese Bluray Artbox why not just release the exact same one. I don't see why they can't just leave the Sword Art Online text in White or Black either as It'd look much nicer. Oh well, better than the hideous UK cover my miles regardless. Still far behind the Japanese and even Aniplex USA's sets though.

That reminds me, Manga always use a promotional cover until they get the approved artwork and the final BBFC rating (examples include Hellsing TV using Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 5-8 LE Box then the original TV cover and Steins;Gate using US covers then the Japanese volume covers). The cover we just got is just a cover up for now and it's 50/50 that we'll be getting the same cover as the Australian version (since the US Version uses the Japanese Volume covers) with the Double Play banner.

NormanicGrav said:
The cover we just got is just a cover up for now and it's 50/50 that we'll be getting the same cover as the Australian version (since the US Version uses the Japanese Volume covers) with the Double Play banner.
AniplexUSA's release actually uses the art from the two Japanese artboxes for their cover art. Part one has one side of the Aincrad box whilst part two has the other, part three has one side of the Alfheim Online artbox with part four has the other. It actually works for Aniplex though as they are releasing artboxes. What Blue Exorcist especially has shown me is that artbox art doesn't usually make for a good cover.

In my opinion, the Japanese vol 1 cover should be used for UK release, Spine and all. Other than the usual BBFC/Manga Logo crap which would be added and a proper back cover there is nothing wrong with that design as it is.
61JOizI1JPL._AA1000_.jpg

Then for Vol 2
51Av5IeuFtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Vol 3
51bz71cJmwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and Vol 4
61YwbMOUeHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nice choices with the volumes.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Version: Japan
Region: Free if people claim that all anime in JP is ~ Includes English Subtitles for all 13 Episodes including OVA Episode 14

51VSst19vcL.jpg

Michiko & Hatchin Collection 1
Version: Australia
Format: Blu-ray / DVD
Region: B / 4

mma5358br.png
mma5358.png

B-Daman Crossfire Volume 1
Version: Australia
Format: DVD
Region: 4

mma4589.png

The World God Only Knows Season 1, 2 & OVAs (Everything released before Season 3: Goddesses Arc)
Version: Japan
Region: Free [No Dub + No Sub]

91_Tt8_FL2nw_L_AA.jpg

Eh, I sent a tweet to manga linking them to that post. Hopefully they will at least try to make it happen.
It will be interesting if hideous cover art is part of the contract to get the show out early, especially since both Madman's and especially Manga's covers are pretty bad to say the very least.

I've also realised that I never commented regarding Kokoro Connect.
I really want to get it, but I'm a bit wary to say the least since they've licensed it from Star Child. The last two releases which I remember Sentai licensing from them were Mawaru Penguindrum and Space Pirates, and the Blurays for both were horrible 1080i releases.
That aside, the cover and disc artwork is delicious as always, as I've come to expect from Sentai. They pretty much always get that right.

EDIT: Has anyone got any comments regarding Gargantia? That's one of the shows I was considering importing but I haven't actually watched any of it. Any good?

EDIT2: Monogatari White V1
usbDWJ

I still need to watch Black first before starting it, but part of me is waiting for AniplexUSA to release it.
It's highly unlikely at this stage, but I would love it if they included Eng subs with this. Surely Aniplex Japan must have realised that they could get extra sales with minimal effort.

Mangaranga said:
I've also realised that I never commented regarding Kokoro Connect.
I really want to get it, but I'm a bit wary to say the least since they've licensed it from Star Child. The last two releases which I remember Sentai licensing from them were Mawaru Penguindrum and Space Pirates, and the Blurays for both were horrible 1080i releases.
Mysterious Girlfriend X is a Star Child title that has a 1080p release, though it's erroneously listed at 1080i on the boxart.

Mangaranga said:
EDIT: Has anyone got any comments regarding Gargantia? That's one of the shows I was considering importing but I haven't actually watched any of it. Any good?
Gargantia is decent. Didn't fulfil the promise of the first few episodes, which were extremely good, but still a good watch nonetheless. That boxset looked tempting until I saw the price...

For those of you interested in Sword Art Online and its respective cover art, you may find this interesting.

Yes, Anicrad will be fixed in the final cover. This is only a temporary cover. The art will also be changing to the Japanese covers.

Source.

AntAce said:
For those of you interested in Sword Art Online and its respective cover art, you may find this interesting.

Yes, Anicrad will be fixed in the final cover. This is only a temporary cover. The art will also be changing to the Japanese covers.

Source.

So the cover we are 'officially' using is not the official cover for their release? Seriously?

Funimation titles:
Aesthetica of a Rouge Hero, Aquarion EVOL: Part 1 (& possibly Part 2) and Jormungard: Part 1 (& possibly Part 2) also on the schedule for December.
January will expect Ikki Tousen Season 3 showed up after going on hiatus from schedule and the return of Dragon Ball Z on Blu-ray with Season 1.
Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor (Season 4) will arrive sometime in Q1 2014.
One Piece Strong World's updated cover is unveiled, erasing some mistakes with the words.

Funi_Fairy_Tail_7.png
Funi_Fairy_Tail_movie.png
Funi_Ikki_Tousen_3.png
Funi_One_Piece_S5_V4.png

Funi_One_Piece_SW.jpg
Funi_One_Piece_SW_DVD.jpg

Aniplex titles:
Sword Art Online BD Set 1 now fixed and BD Set 2 will run its course. The DVD Versions are also fixed and will also be sold on course.
Oreimo DVDs now back in stock.
Nekomonogatari Black below is Korean with no English subtitles.

Ao_A_Blue_Exorcist_Set_2_BD.jpg

Korean_Nekomono.jpg
Korean_Nekomono_3.jpg

Korean_Nekomono_2.jpg
Korean_Nekomono_4.jpg

Japanese Blu-ray Boxes:
First row - Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex re-release BD-Box Season 1
Second row - Infinite Stratos: Special Edition BD-Box Season 1 with OVAs
Third row - Freezing BD-Box re-release Season 1
Fourth row - Anohana BD-Box re-release
Fifth row - Gosick BD-Box

418VLOvJE4L.jpg
41PUxZO9R3L.jpg

515DldL%2Bg0L.jpg
51mFTLmhVSL.jpg

61cV5oTfZoL.jpg
51HGvRDo93L.jpg

61-cjOg821L._AA1000_.jpg

61y9HOnm1AL._AA1119_.jpg

Hanabee (Australia) titles:

hiiro_s2_bd_1.jpg
kokoro-3d-bluray-large.jpg

hiiro_s2_1.jpg
kokoro3d-large.jpg

Wow, they actually dubbed Nakaimo? I was stupid enough to watch all of that on Crunchyroll and I can safely say it's the worst series I've watched since Mayoi Neko Overrun back in 2010.

Those Gatchaman covers are Alex Ross, right?
I'm pretty sure I have some of the same art on his Battle of the Planets comics somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back