Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, would be nice if we got the Weis Schwarz card as well (Andrew??) - would go nicely with the free Hatsune Miku one I got with Project Diva F 2nd.

A Lull in the Sea (Nagi no Asukara) - Complete Series [Premium Edition]
Release Date: 30th June 2015
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [A|B] (yes, this will also be Region B compatible if you carefully look at the discs)
Language: English & Japanese

Nn_A_1.jpg

Nn_A_2.jpg
Nn_A_5.jpg

Nn_A_3.jpg
Nn_A_4.jpg

Technical Specs:
- Subtitles: English
- Episodes: 01-26
- Disc count: 3 (3 BD with 2 more for CDs)

Special Content:
- 2 Original Soundtracks
- 76 page Full Color Hardcover Artbook ~ Character Info, Episode Guide, Text Commentary, Prop Designs and Full Background Art and Art Settings
- Clean Opening and Endings
- Original Japanese Trailers

Yuki Yuna is a Hero - Box Set 2 [Collector's Edition]
Release Date: 10th June 2015
Format [Region]: Blu-ray/DVD [A|1]

Yyish_1.jpg

Technical Specs:
- Subtitles: English & Spanish
- Episodes: 05-08
- Disc count: 2 (1 BD, 1 DVD with 1 more for CD)

Special Content:
- 1 Special Remix Soundtrack
- 24 page Deluxe Booklet
- 2 Collectible Wall Pin-up Pictures (Illustrated by Takahiro Sakai)
- TV Commercial Collection

Looks like a fantastic set (lull in the sea) . Time to investigate the show

edit - watched the trailer. I'm sold. Looks great visually and setting seems unique enough.

I really hope someone brings Yuki Yuna to the UK - just not at Pony Can prices. It's an incredible show though.

britguy said:
Good eyes. wonder what the chances of an MVM limited edition release are?

My guess is something similar to Fate/Zero. A chipboard artbox with the complete series (2 Blu-ray cases, one for series and another for the soundtrack) for probably £69.99.

Ooh, that's interesting. If they're experimenting and can rival the NISA version without losing any of the functionality, I'm up for supporting MVM instead this time.

R

If they do bring this out in the UK I reckon it'll be like the Fate/Zero set - ie split over two parts, with a box to house them both - so around £60 total for both together.

The Familiar of Zero: "Rondo" of Princesses - Complete Collection
Release Date: 12th May 2015
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [A] (DVD [1] not shown below)
Language: Japanese

Familiar_of_Zero_Season_3_BD_1.jpg
Familiar_of_Zero_Season_3_BD_2.jpg

Technical Specs:
- Episodes: 01-12
- Disc count: 2 (2 BD)

Special Content:
- Yuuwaku no Sunahama OVA
- Clean Opening and Closing

Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - Collection 2
Release Date: 12th May 2015
Format [Region]: Blu-ray [A] (DVD [1] not shown below)

Muv_Luv_ATE_Part_2_BD_1.jpg
Muv_Luv_ATE_Part_2_BD_2.jpg

Technical Specs:
- Episodes: 13-24
- Disc count: 2 (2 BD)

Special Content:

Please Teacher! - Complete Collection
Release Date: 2nd June 2015
Format [Region]: DVD [1]

Please_Teacher.jpg

Technical Specs:
- Episodes: 01-13
- Disc count: TBA

Special Content:
- Marie Love Theater
- Promotional Videos
- Music Clips
- Commercials
- Preview for Episode 13

Turn A Gundam - Part 1
Release Date: 30th June 2015
Format [Region]: DVD [1]
Language: Japanese

Turn_A_Gundam_Part_1.jpg

Technical Specs:
- Episodes: 01-25
- Disc count: TBA

Special Content:

NormanicGrav said:
britguy said:

My guess is something similar to Fate/Zero. A chipboard artbox with the complete series (2 Blu-ray cases, one for series and another for the soundtrack) for probably £69.99.

I'd be all for an MVM release. They rarely do blu rays, so I'll try and get any that they do bring out.

Jatz said:
NormanicGrav said:
britguy said:

I'd be all for an MVM release. They rarely do blu rays, so I'll try and get any that they do bring out.

I'd say they can do Blu-rays but only for the newer titles. Older titles can't get a Blu-ray release unless one of the distributors were able to co-operate in a special print or have yet to release one themselves.

Also speaking of Nagi no Asukara again, MVM's version is exactly the same as the NIS Premium Edition now (with only 1000 copies). While a lot of people are celebrating I'm expecting the MSRP to be about £149.99 (that's about the same starting price as Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition). I'm still going for the US version regardless given the price will most likely be cheaper unless something happens.

NormanicGrav said:
I'd say they can do Blu-rays but only for the newer titles. Older titles can't get a Blu-ray release unless one of the distributors were able to co-operate in a special print or have yet to release one themselves.

Also speaking of Nagi no Asukara again, MVM's version is exactly the same as the NIS Premium Edition now (with only 1000 copies). While a lot of people are celebrating I'm expecting the MSRP to be about £149.99 (that's about the same starting price as Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition). I'm still going for the US version regardless given the price will most likely be cheaper unless something happens.

I take back what I said lol. I would never spend that much for a series I didn't even particularly enjoy. I guess this will have to be a pass for me.

I hope you're wrong as that mark up would be ridiculous. I'm hoping the contract that MVM have in place with NISA is a good one for them with regards to Costs and we'll see the USD amount converted into GBP (so roughly £100) with Vat added on to make it £120 rrp.

Ideally I'd like to pay around £100 at most on amazon for this set. I don't mind paying more to buy from a UK company than import because I hope it means we get more opportunities like this going forward.

I think the UK price will be different to the U.S. one - our market is very different, so even if the product is the same, I think the price will have to be different. I'd like to think it'd be somewhere between £80-£100 but we shall see...

britguy said:

I hope you're wrong as that mark up would be ridiculous. I'm hoping the contract that MVM have in place with NISA is a good one for them with regards to Costs and we'll see the USD amount converted into GBP (so roughly £100) with Vat added on to make it £120 rrp.

Ideally I'd like to pay around £100 at most on amazon for this set. I don't mind paying more to buy from a UK company than import because I hope it means we get more opportunities like this going forward.

Haha I hope I'm wrong as well, The SRP for the NIS set was $180 which was around £130 ish and I added VAT to that and ended up with £144. My guess is that MVM will drop it down to about £129.99 and then when Amazon and UP1 have it, it'll go down to about £70 or so.

Oh by the way (in other news), NIS also said there'll be a standard DVD version afterwards so I guess if you want Blu-ray then I suggest pre-ordering!

I'd be happy paying around the same as Gurren Lagann for it (around £80-£90 at discount online retailers). Given that NISA titles can only be obtained through a smaller number of sellers than the mainstream shows they don't tend to dip in price as much, so I'm guessing the final pricing will be similar when everything is taken into account.

R

I paid £45 for Love Live Season 1 from UP1. I'm gonna have to check this show out and see if I like it enough to want this edition. Regardless, it's great to see something like this happening, so I'll definitely support it if I like the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back