Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

Including the Ova, Drifters has already adapted 52/71 chapters so I wouldn't expect season 2 anytime soon, especially since there's only been 2 more chapters so far this year.

They could always decide to go anime original of course.

I can't wait to be able to say good riddance to DVDs, and especially combo sets, forever... It sucks that western anime companies feel the need to force DVDs down our throats in a combo set if we want to buy anything on Blu-ray - we have no choice but to put up with all those DVDs as excess baggage - especially in almost all CE/LE/PE releases - at least Japan gets it right with having separate Blu-ray-only and DVD-only sets. I wish I could sell off all every friggin' DVD from every friggin combo set I own, both anime and live action movies, but nobody wants to buy just a set of plain DVD discs in paper sleeves. So, I guess they're only good for skeet shooting, then.... PULL!

I can't wait to be able to say good riddance to DVDs, and especially combo sets, forever... It sucks that western anime companies feel the need to force DVDs down our throats in a combo set if we want to buy anything on Blu-ray - we have no choice but to put up with all those DVDs as excess baggage - especially in almost all CE/LE/PE releases - at least Japan gets it right with having separate Blu-ray-only and DVD-only sets. I wish I could sell off all every friggin' DVD from every friggin combo set I own, both anime and live action movies, but nobody wants to buy just a set of plain DVD discs in paper sleeves. So, I guess they're only good for skeet shooting, then.... PULL!

Yeah getting rid of combo packs in favour of Blu-ray only releases actually benefits international customers due to the price itself being lowered. I honestly don't mind if they get rid of slipcovers also since they never guarantee they'll last the entire stock now thanks to certain titles.

My only concern now is that certain titles like Lucky Star work better as a combo pack due to the upscaled masters & on-disc extra features.

I understand the need for DVD-only for older/classic series re-releases with ancient or degraded masters, which don't handle upscaling well - and now SD on BD is the way to go for many of those, especially the longer series; look at all the SDBD titles Discotek just announced they are putting out. And there's no need for DVD whatsoever for new anime series, they should look good on Blu-ray from the get-go, or else get out of town.

Last edited:
There is some use in them... At least for me. I know quite a couple of people who still refuse or boycott BD. So I have some use for those DVDs, it's better give them those than them going off to buy "cheap" ass bad quality HK rip offs from ebay or the like.
Also I use them mysefl from time, to time, too. If I am just browsing through it to refresh my memory or taking some screenshots. (Or shows which really just aren't good.) You can use acceleration with sound on DVDs not BDs.

(If any has some they'd like to dump for free, I'll glady take them. =P)

cvJVIMS.png

Credit Blu ray.com
Christ i aint getting Sound Euphonium S2 from Ponycan

Back