Overseas Upcoming Non-UK Anime BD/DVD Artwork

Why did "Star Blazers" have to be the 1 series out of Funi's whole lineup for the next few months to be A locked?! :mad:

Sorry to hear it is region locked for you. I do have to wonder though why any true anime fan and physical media collector would not have some sort of multi-region disc capabilities at home by now in this day and age. I own two region-free Oppo Blu-ray players, three region-free Pioneer DVD players (pre-Blu-ray era), and three computers with Blu-ray drives that will all play discs from any region - my All-in-One PC, which I bought as a "luggable laptop" and portable Blu-ray player that I use when staying in hotel rooms while traveling for work; my main PC at home with dual 27" monitors; and my HTPC in the A/V cabinet in my theater room which displays onto a 120" projection screen. I plan to be fairly well-covered multi-region-wise for quite some time, so that I will never have to care if a release is region locked... :)

Last edited:
Why did "Star Blazers" have to be the 1 series out of Funi's whole lineup for the next few months to be A locked?! :mad:
Because it’s a FUNi own title they only A lock things and because FUNi are sublicensing from that other company I think it’s impossible we will ever get it

Discotek's forthcoming release for Angel Cop. The cover really only caught my attention as I'm convinced the artwork has been digitally retraced, presumably due to lack of availability of sufficient materials otherwise.

P1mhIQo.jpg

Ohh. It's got all the cover artwork for the Japanese BDs and chipboxes.
Wonder what the booklet contains. It has a few pages not than AL's.
And that second book, wonder if that might be an artbook.

Discotek's forthcoming release for Angel Cop. The cover really only caught my attention as I'm convinced the artwork has been digitally retraced, presumably due to lack of availability of sufficient materials otherwise.

P1mhIQo.jpg
Damm Angel cop I only got see the first episode of this and it was cut by bbfc I'm so tempted to get this but I promised my self that I'll only buy movies and not a series because of the backlog I have and there's sets that'I've not even started.

Last edited:
Wow, I still have my super-wide double VHS of Angel Cop in a draw somewhere, despite no longer having the means to play it. I'd buy it if it comes out here for nostalgia's sake, but I'm not going to import it, as it's not actually... well, very good, really...

From the little I've seen of Angel Cop, it seemed like a good looking show, but I remember it being weirdly dull outwith the splashy set pieces. There's also the business of the original dialogue being hugely anti-semitic (apparently, I haven't actually seen that version), so I dunno, it's not something I feel any desperate urge to pick up. I'm kind of surprised Discotek have gone for it rather than the likes of Cyber City Oedo.

Some of the interesting upcoming french releases:

AB Video
Dragon Ball Super (Collector's Edition, A4-sized)

7657.jpg

All the Anime
Fate Stay Night UBW (Collector's edition)
35749752_807744059428789_5808799730032967680_o.jpg

Rokka (in partnership with Crunchyroll)
71xAAhi5vUL._SL1000_.jpg

Black Box
DanMachi Gaiden : Sword Oratoria
7621.jpg

Lupin the IIIrd: Chikemuri no Ishikawa Goemon
81JabR68uIL._SL1500_.jpg

Dybex
Monogatari Series Combos (each volumes includes A5 cards and a booklet).
merge_from_ofoct(1).jpg

Venus Wars (DVD)
35881957_1870098226380386_5380672583899283456_n.jpg

Meh, still very glad I got the JP box sets for MiA instead. Is that all that's inside that big box? Why is it so thick then? They must not be showing any of the junky plastic trinkets that are included inside yet. I'll just be buying Sentai's Standard release to give me English Friendlies to add to those gorgeous JP sets.

Back